**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How “hard” is AQ map6?

I’ve never been in an alliance that’s done map6...only map5. I’m wondering if it’s worth looking for a new alliance to do map6 to get map6 crystals. I have a ton of 5* r3/r4 I want to rank but am bottlenecked with t2a.

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions.

Comments

• ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151
    Even if you run 5x5, you can buy half a t2a every week from the glory store.
  • Ang3lOfD3athAng3lOfD3ath Posts: 78
    Requires more communication and availability. Recommend bringing a go to champ, an immune, and a regen. Who works best depends on your path. As far as difficulty goes it’s not much of an increase from map 5 at all, but then again also depends on alliance prestige.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Depends on your top champs. Map 6 is more about availability and bringing in the right champs(immunity, power control, specific counters to korg magiks etc)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    From my limited experience running Map 6 I know it is more difficult, because half our alliance at the time could do it without serious difficulty, and half couldn't. But I didn't find it exceptionally difficult.

I think the main concern is not whether you can do Map 6, but rather whether you're good enough and have a strong roster to be able to do it day in day out without messing up. If you finish your paths cleanly 90% of the time, that 10% when you don't can start to get expensive. If you finish your paths four out of five times perfectly, the one in five when you don't is going to get very expensive. And if you item out and can't proceed you're likely screwing up the whole map for everyone.

And because iteming out is such a potential problem, you have to calculate correctly if you can get away with using anything but the largest (and most expensive) potions. It never happened to me, but I saw it happen to others.
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★
    Definitely depends on your roster, minor step up.

Also, I actually find it easier in terms that the AI is more aggressive unlike the Map 5 passive AI. I also find Hyperion is a harder mini then the Map 6 minis. Keep in mind tho, alot more nodes and certain paths get pretty tough. Easy with a Corvus tho.

In my opinion, I find it easier.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    The thanos at the end is annoying with the inverted controls. Otherwise it isn't much worse than map5 - just takes a bit more planning with regard to bringing the right champs for lanes and making sure everyone is available.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    @SIlverProfessor if you haven't run it before it may seem hard at first but you'll adjust to it and it will become easy. I always recommend playing the highest map you can. Leaving your comfort zone makes you better. It doesn't even really take more time, it just takes organized movement, but if you join an alliance that is used to running it that shouldn't be a problem. If you can afford the donations for 6x5 and have the team for it you won't have a t2 alpha problem anymore. If not at least incorporate some map 6.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    We run 6x5. When we first started map 6 it was tough. Lots of items used. But after figuring the lanes out and champs needed it’s pretty easy. The main thing is communication and having the right champs for the lanes. Success is heavily dependent on officers knowing what they are doing and who to send on what lanes. Also working with peoples time zones so no one stays linked and the flow runs smooth. We typically finish with about 3 hours to spare every time. And rarely have to communicate.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    Biggest challenge for me moving up was the degen.