**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Energy requirement for side quests are ridiculous

TJ82TJ82 Posts: 610 ★★★
Energy requirements for this EQ daily side quests are ridiculous and needs to be relooked.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to play EQs and Side Quests together unless you buy Energy refill or has purchased Sigil.

Comments

• Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    If you do the quest everyday on epic you get 5 tickets, these can be used for day 6-7 event.

Run it 5 times you get 10 5* stones (2 from each) that alone is well worth a bit of energy. So I’m the month that’s 40 5* stones for nothing not much
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    Monk1 said:

If you do the quest everyday on epic you get 5 tickets, these can be used for day 6-7 event.

Run it 5 times you get 10 5* stones (2 from each) that alone is well worth a bit of energy. So I’m the month that’s 40 5* stones for nothing not much

Monk1 said:

6* Champions are the future. Not worth time spending just for that 5* signatures abilities.

But hey, I understand why so poor rewards: it's the NY event...
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Energy is only a problem if you make it one - You need to get better at using your Energy and other resources more effectively.

Take your time to do quests over the month instead of rushing through. I do pretty much all monthly content; yet thanks to the Summoner Showdown last month, I'm sitting on around 20 Energy refills in my stash. Can't remember the last time I bought Energy.
  • MyselfandiMyselfandi Posts: 165
    Not doing it at all. Junk...
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Tayyab82 said:

Energy requirements for this EQ daily side quests are ridiculous and needs to be relooked.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to play EQs and Side Quests together unless you buy Energy refill or has purchased Sigil.

I have had no issues running both and using no energy refills I am halfway done with the UC and have done every single day of side quests for epic and master.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    I did the first day of epic after that just stopped.. Way to much energy for stuff I get enough of through normal play.. when I’ve completed the difficulties of monthly quest I’ll spend the last week or so doing the side quest until then I’ll just skip it
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    They do give out 40 units for just 1 pass thru of each....
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Perhaps make it free like they did for that sinister side quest event
    Tayyab82 said:

Lormif said:

Tayyab82 said:

I have had no issues running both and using no energy refills I am halfway done with the UC and have done every single day of side quests for epic and master.
    Yes very much doable for the people who play 24/7 and have zero life beyond virtual world. For someone who have a job, sleeps 6-8 hrs like a normal person, have real life and plays game as game, maybe logging in 3-4 times a day, this EQ energy requirement is very difficult.

So why the second person is complaining, because this kind of insane energy requirement is getting introduced for first time. And now it will make it increasingly difficult to keep pace with others unless he opens his pocket or play as like no world beyond MCOC.

If we look at maths, one generally gets around 3 to 3.5 times full energy during a day of which a lil less thn approx 2.5 full energy one has to use if they are doing 100pc daily side quests.
    (1 times here meant 1 full energy i.e. 70 if lvl 60)

I have an 8 to 10 hour job, sleep 8 hours a night, exercise for an hour, and have a life. I play it as a game, other than checking on things every now and again for war I have 3 times I do energy related tasks, when I wake up, when I eat lunch and right before bed. I use 1 bar of energy to do both levels of the daily side quest and the other 2-3 bars (counting helps requests) to clear the monthly EQ.

This is not a causal game, you cannot play casually and expect to get all the tasks done.
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    Side quests are there but that doesn't mean you have to do everything that pops up..

There's a free tier 1 alpha for doing almost nothing... Think about how much time you are gonna save by getting those now.

It's just a game and not an end of life phenomenon if you miss couple of quests...
    Tayyab82 said:

Lormif said:

Tayyab82 said:

Lormif said:

Tayyab82 said:

Yes very much doable for the people who play 24/7 and have zero life beyond virtual world. For someone who have a job, sleeps 6-8 hrs like a normal person, have real life and plays game as game, maybe logging in 3-4 times a day, this EQ energy requirement is very difficult.

So why the second person is complaining, because this kind of insane energy requirement is getting introduced for first time. And now it will make it increasingly difficult to keep pace with others unless he opens his pocket or play as like no world beyond MCOC.

If we look at maths, one generally gets around 3 to 3.5 times full energy during a day of which a lil less thn approx 2.5 full energy one has to use if they are doing 100pc daily side quests.

I have an 8 to 10 hour job, sleep 8 hours a night, exercise for an hour, and have a life. I play it as a game, other than checking on things every now and again for war I have 3 times I do energy related tasks, when I wake up, when I eat lunch and right before bed. I use 1 bar of energy to do both levels of the daily side quest and the other 2-3 bars (counting helps requests) to clear the monthly EQ.

This is not a causal game, you cannot play casually and expect to get all the tasks done.
    You missed the underlying message here. Well I too login and uses energy every 2 -3 hrs in the day. But never have faced this kind of energy issue in past. Have you seen this kind of energy requirement ever before in MCOC, answer will be most likely no.
    Wait, so your "underlying message" was something completely different then you stated? How am I supposed to see that when you are arguing 2 different set of goal posts? And yes, I have seen these requirements before, and worse, way worse.
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    Alternate reality I was all in at first but like others not really worth the time. I fill like each path should have 2 less fights.The objectives are great so props there.
    Tayyab82 said:

< Wait, so your "underlying message" was something completely different then you stated? How am I supposed to see that when you are arguing 2 different set of goal posts? And yes, I have seen these requirements before, and worse, way worse.

Playing this game for over 4 and half years now, I don't remember any such energy requirement before.

people have been complaining for months about energy, but you cannot remember any other month? shoot a couple months back the UC AND the side quest had a higher energy requirements.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★

Energy is only a problem if you make it one - You need to get better at using your Energy and other resources more effectively.

Take your time to do quests over the month instead of rushing through. I do pretty much all monthly content; yet thanks to the Summoner Showdown last month, I'm sitting on around 20 Energy refills in my stash. Can't remember the last time I bought Energy.

The problem with this month's side quest is that it refreshes daily. You can't just spread out the energy use, because then if you do a single path in chapter 3 that wipes out most of your energy (if not all).

The previous month was good from the perspective that you could tackle paths without worrying that the quest is going to expire on you.

Lormif said:

Tayyab82 said:

Lormif said:

Tayyab82 said:

Lol come on man, don’t quote your job like it’s something preventing you from playing. You post on the forums all day long, if you have time to do that then you’re clearly able to play the game at your work as well. Most people don’t have that luxury let alone to post to a forum about the game all day every day. I’m lucky myself, but I’m not being disingenuous and saying others should be able to do the same to justify this bad event. The energy requirements are high this month, there’s no need to gaslight.

I mentioned my job because the OP did, that being said, just because I am able to post on the forums all day does not somehow mean I can play all day. Those 2 things are not the same. Bad is relative, and there is no gaslighting going on here.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Tayyab82 said:

Lormif said:

Tayyab82 said:

Lol come on man, don’t quote your job like it’s something preventing you from playing. You post on the forums all day long, if you have time to do that then you’re clearly able to play the game at your work as well. Most people don’t have that luxury let alone to post to a forum about the game all day every day. I’m lucky myself, but I’m not being disingenuous and saying others should be able to do the same to justify this bad event. The energy requirements are high this month, there’s no need to gaslight.

I mentioned my job because the OP did, that being said, just because I am able to post on the forums all day does not somehow mean I can play all day. Those 2 things are not the same. Bad is relative, and there is no gaslighting going on here.
    That’s exactly what you’re doing. I’m sorry but I cannot believe if your job allows you to check and post on a game forum without consequence that they would notice or care that you’re playing the game too. That doesn’t make any sense in any way shape or form.

Nor would I ever compare my ability to play the game more than others as justification that the energy and grind required from this month is acceptable. You’re flat out wrong on this one.
    You cannot believe that my job would allow me to casually browse the web on my computer but not let me pick up the phone to play a game? I am sorry but if you are unable to see the vast difference between the 2 it says something about your deduction skills.

Also I what you would never do is irrelevant, you are not, as you can see from your arguments, the poster child for logic or reasonableness.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    This discussion is going off track now.
    Daddrieda said:

This discussion is going off track now.

That tends to happen when people start attacking people and not arguments.