**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alternative reality: Different Champs/Matchups

Hi, besides this event being too long..and energy-consuming if you want to do all levels :( (I guess a different topic) aren't we supposed to have the same content/matchups for all players? I've noticed some youtubers on Epic that are fighting against different champs.

Some champs are widely known as harder than others. Also the class AND tag restrictions already make one's options quite limited... now you can't even research or see other quirky counter solutions people are using because you have different matchups.

Anyway, point being... shouldn't we all face the same challenge/content? This just doesn't make sense to me. It's like having a different Act 6 final boss for everyone?!

Comments

• Are you talking about the Daily side quests ? Seems like they are like Modok Labs, where opponents (at least the boss, maybe some others on paths too) will change each time you complete it (and remain the same if you have to abort out of an attempt and come back in for another try).
  • pedroteixeira07pedroteixeira07 Posts: 213
    edited October 2019
    @SummonerNR yes, just noticed that. I mean it's fine within your own account... just think it's a bit unfair to get a Korg on a day where the restrictions rule out the little counters I have for him... while the summoner next door gets another random champ. I get RNG in crystals etc, but the content offered to summoners should be the same - just a point of view.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

@SummonerNR yes, just noticed that. I mean it's fine within your own account... just think it's a bit unfair to get a Korg on a day where the restrictions rule out the little counters I have for him... while the summoner next door gets another random champ. I get RNG in crystals etc, but the content offered to summoners should be the same - just a point of view.

its random and we all have it, therefore it is not unfair, just can be difficult.
    I understand your pov @Lormif in a twisted way makes sense:
    random for everyone = unfair to everyone --> unfair to everyone = fair

I have an example here... from me and a bud which are mid-tier players:

Two days ago... I got a Korg on my path and didn't have any ranked up decent champ within the classes/tag restriction, thus failed to do exploration. My bud didn't face any Korg and did it! Yesterday... I did exploration, it was ok. My friend got Havoc in his way, no counter, same story as me the previous day.

Now... I'm sure this doesn't affect endgame players that have ranked up champs for every singles matchup regardless of the restrictions... for probably 90% ..it does. BUT I UNDERSTAND it's random to everyone. What really sucks is that I can't even go to youtube, forums etc, and study my way with a quirky solution that some awesome summoner discovered to beat X or Y because of the likelihood of them having that champ on their quest is very low.

Oh well. It is what it is. Again, not very impressed with side events as they just seem more and more a mix of parts of previous stuff. Maybe (and this is from an IT background guy) it is true that Kabam is now focused on the new game they are releasing (comicon), and have no resource and bandwidth for new ideas and development to create new experiences in-game. Therefore, to at least keep the game going, they just put together code pieces from previous events and sign it off... the result has been a "new" side event that resembles something from two/three older ones. Hope I'm wrong.

Cheers,

Pedro

I understand your pov @Lormif in a twisted way makes sense:
    random for everyone = unfair to everyone --> unfair to everyone = fair

I have an example here... from me and a bud which are mid-tier players:

Two days ago... I got a Korg on my path and didn't have any ranked up decent champ within the classes/tag restriction, thus failed to do exploration. My bud didn't face any Korg and did it! Yesterday... I did exploration, it was ok. My friend got Havoc in his way, no counter, same story as me the previous day.

Now... I'm sure this doesn't affect endgame players that have ranked up champs for every singles matchup regardless of the restrictions... for probably 90% ..it does. BUT I UNDERSTAND it's random to everyone. What really sucks is that I can't even go to youtube, forums etc, and study my way with a quirky solution that some awesome summoner discovered to beat X or Y because of the likelihood of them having that champ on their quest is very low.

Oh well. It is what it is. Again, not very impressed with side events as they just seem more and more a mix of parts of previous stuff. Maybe (and this is from an IT background guy) it is true that Kabam is now focused on the new game they are releasing (comicon), and have no resource and bandwidth for new ideas and development to create new experiences in-game. Therefore, to at least keep the game going, they just put together code pieces from previous events and sign it off... the result has been a "new" side event that resembles something from two/three older ones. Hope I'm wrong.

Cheers,

Pedro

You are acting like these are noded up champions they are not. These are unnoded base champions. If you dont have counters for them here then there is no way you can beat them in ANY OTHER content, because in that content they are noded up, and they are very easy here. In fact with the lineup mentioned you can beat them with a little skill. kI think you are very much overestimating your 90%... Also why would youtube help here? Again there is nothing special to these fights, they have no special nodes, there is no complications, all you need to do is look up some fights against them if you need help, or heaven forbid do some duel targets.

Your argument is like complaining someone got a champ you didnt out of a random crystal.

You also have no clue what you are speaking too when it comes to the new game, the new game has its own, different team. A game company is not just made up of 1 team that works on all the products.... If you have not noticed, and it seems you have not, 99% of side quests are just modifications of old side quests, nothing has changed here.,
    edited October 2019
    Ok... no need for the condescending tone like I am attacking you - that's so childish.

First, there are restrictions. I'm talking about the 3 classes + Hero/Villan tag. Eg: If I don't have a counter with the minimum rank level to beat a Korg, which falls in the conditions "cosmic/tech/science" and "hero", I pretty much don't have a chance. This is perfectly ok, IF it's the same for all players. Someone that doesn't get Korg doesn't have to deal with this. How is this reasonable? One thing is your roster, crystals have an RNG component, another thing is the content available for users. An exaggeration of an example to make my point clearer: It's like your final boss to get uncollected is the Colector.. and for me Groot. Whether you have champs/skills to beat them or not... is the point here.

Second, regarding youtube, I use it to study, learn and understand possible solutions to go trough content challenges which I can't just out damage. These are 100% of the time the same for all players in the contest. Eg: final bosses in EQ, annoying nodes in a lane, etc. In this case, not an option. The first video of this side quest I saw, the champs they fought was different from mine, therefore, the team they took, the suggestiong and tips given - useless to me.

Third, I happen to work in a gaming company ...larger than Kabam :) And you sound to be one without a clue of what you're talking about. You're making a huge deal of a simple assumption I did to keep the conversation ongoing and hear your feedback. I'm talking business priorities, revenue, resource allocation and bandwidth for what the company believes will bring them the best outcomes. You are talking about headcount on teams, cute.

Cheers

Ok... no need for the condescending tone like I am attacking you - that's so childish.

First, there are restrictions. I'm talking about the 3 classes + Hero/Villan tag. Eg: If I don't have a counter with the minimum rank level to beat a Korg, which falls in the conditions "cosmic/tech/science" and "hero", I pretty much don't have a chance. This is perfectly ok, IF it's the same for all players. Someone that doesn't get Korg doesn't have to deal with this. How is this reasonable? One thing is your roster, crystals have an RNG component, another thing is the content available for users. An exaggeration of an example to make my point clearer: It's like your final boss to get uncollected is the Colector.. and for me Groot. Whether you have champs/skills to beat them or not... is the point here.

Second, regarding youtube, I use it to study, learn and understand possible solutions to go trough content challenges which I can't just out damage. These are 100% of the time the same for all players in the contest. Eg: final bosses in EQ, annoying nodes in a lane, etc. In this case, not an option. The first video of this side quest I saw, the champs they fought was different from mine, therefore, the team they took, the suggestiong and tips given - useless to me.

Third, I happen to work in a gaming company ...larger than Kabam :) And you sound to be one without a clue of what you're talking about. You're making a huge deal of a simple assumption I did to keep the conversation ongoing and hear your feedback. I'm talking business priorities, revenue, resource allocation and bandwidth for what the company believes will bring them the best outcomes. You are talking about headcount on teams, cute.

Cheers

Again, you dont need a hard counter, these are unnoded champs. The only thing remotely difficult about korg in a base fight is his rock charges, which only do damage on heavy, medium or specials that make content, spam light while up and you take no damage from them.

Second, again, these are not hard fights, there are no complex interactions. If you need to study youtube every time you fight a champ then that is on your skill level not on your roster.

Three, sorry I do not believe you. You have given no indication knowledge or in any other way of what you are talking about. In addition I have made no assumption, you see Kabam has even confirmed this. Shoot even in this post you imply staff count.priorities/Bandwidth is a function of staffing, not revenue directly, after all if you have more staffing bandwidth and priorities become less of a problem, your lack of clarity and moving the goal posts is on you.
    edited October 2019
    We digress.. you keep making judgmental posts insisting on the "unskilled" and questioning my methods and the way I go around the game. Let's just agree not to agree :) cheers
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Get good or dont do it.
    @Odachi thanks... aren't you supportive :)
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    As far as I remember (I only entered the Alternate Realities once) the oppponents don't have any nodes. => No real problem.