**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why the Man-Thing Hate?

MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
I don't understand why so many people are disappointed with Man-Thing. Sure I'd like if he was bigger and had an incinerate on his SP3 but I think he looks good. He mitigates crits, is immune to armor break and bleed, has poison, nullify and can gain fury and Regen. His synergies also look awesome. Is he Namor level exciting? No, but he's not Diablo or Maw so why the hate? I haven't played him myself but I'd be excited to see him in a crystal. Am I missing something?

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    He has a counterintuitive play style with his Toxic pustule that is tripping up some people. I’ not saying playing that buff to it’s potential will make him close to a top champ in the game but ignoring it certainly makes him appear worse. And his crit rate is dookie.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★

Man thing is too small

I don't disagree with this but I can live with it. Like I said, he should be bigger and an incinerate would be a nice nod to his comic book abilities but these don't seem like flaws that ruin him. At least to me but I can respect if they really bother people.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    Well it wouldn't be the first time kabam has mucked up a character in regards to comic book accuracy.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★

I don't understand why so many people are disappointed with Man-Thing. Sure I'd like if he was bigger and had an incinerate on his SP3 but I think he looks good. He mitigates crits, is immune to armor break and bleed, has poison, nullify and can gain fury and Regen. His synergies also look awesome. Is he Namor level exciting? No, but he's not Diablo or Maw so why the hate? I haven't played him myself but I'd be excited to see him in a crystal. Am I missing something?

For me, he should be XL and they’ve gimped him in the matchup screens obnoxiously. No way anyone took a look at that foolishness and thought it looked good.
    He’s got some novelty, but it turned out weird and is showing as less than impressive so far. Not to the extent of Sentry, but the same idea where everyone that knew the character had expectations prior to his debut and we were presented with some novel mechanics that fit oddly while being underwhelming. Placing the buffs is neat, popping them to get stale poisons and armor breaks is much less so. If they popped and made a passive with a cool name, flame effect, and lore filled copy* that was really just a poison + armor break behind the scenes, I think it would have been better received. They can’t all be instant classics like Hyperion.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    They are buffing maw because he is not used much as an attacker, when he is a solid defender

And now they are repeating themselves.
    So can we expect a buff for this guy after 3 months? :smiley:
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    he is the new joe fixit
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★

he is the new joe fixit

It’s too bad Joe Fixit never got the Sentry treatment. He has a lot of what people actually want.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Ahitlaw said:

Most of us want our man-thing bigger. It’s a common problem.

Oh the jokes that can come out of this seemingly innocent sentence XP.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    edited October 2019

my issue is with him being in mystic class and as per usual mystic champs he is just standard run of the mill guy,small regen, small chance to nulify, very very small fury and very very very small regen,and even smaller armour break and poison damage. yeh agree he has lot going for him but the issue is NUMBERS!! those kind of small numbers only work in favour of kabam ,since they can put any x% of attack and health ,put unstoppable or evade node on him and he becomes beast of an quest boss that just makes u fight very long fights and in turn wasting ur health pots and potentially revives if you mess up!!
    - so all i am asking is him having a slightly larger size, not appear like he was skewed at last minute to not be in XL and have better numbers on fury,regen,armour break and poisons or instead have "acid burns" that combines poison and armour breaks to inflict "incinerate or toxin"like effect. so he has slightly better potential on AQ or AW offense if anyone wants to use him...and u may b able to end the fights 20 hits faster!
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    Kalantak said:

my issue is with him being in mystic class and as per usual mystic champs he is just standard run of the mill guy,small regen, small chance to nulify, very very small fury and very very very small regen,and even smaller armour break and poison damage. yeh agree he has lot going for him but the issue is NUMBERS!! those kind of small numbers only work in favour of kabam ,since they can put any x% of attack and health ,put unstoppable or evade node on him and he becomes beast of an quest boss that just makes u fight very long fights and in turn wasting ur health pots and potentially revives if you mess up!!
    - so all i am asking is him having a slightly larger size, not appear like he was skewed at last minute to not be in XL and have better numbers on fury,regen,armour break and poisons or instead have "acid burns" that combines poison and armour breaks to inflict "incinerate or toxin"like effect. so he has slightly better potential on AQ or AW offense if anyone wants to use him...and u may b able to end the fights 20 hits faster!
    That makes sense to me. I'd love a combined poison/incinerate effect but you're probably right that just a numbers adjustment could make him more attractive to a lot of players.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    I'll be honest .. I've always disliked Man-thing (ever since I first saw him back in my teens years ago) ... I always saw him as a lame rip off of Swamp thing. :)
    (and I admit, I am more attuned to Marvel, than DC ... so ... *shrug* ... )

anyway ... digging around more recently, however, I find this article ... and realize .. "wow ... Man-thing isn't actually a rip off of Swamp thing!!" LOL

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/mtharman/blog/an-interesting-story-behind-the-man-thing-and-swam/73693/

That said ... I still admit I dislike Man thing ... :)
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    He just seems unfun to play honestly