**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Imiw armor doesn’t stop havok’s detonation?

ColleenColleen Posts: 173
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
I was in variant 3 and didn’t realize until after 3 revives on havok that imiw passive armor up doesn’t even stop his detonation. Is this a bug?

Comments

• ColleenColleen Posts: 173
    @Championcritic isnt it a bug??? Armor ups are supposed to make you immune to it
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    Colleen said:

I was in variant 3 and didn’t realize until after 3 revives on havok that imiw passive armor up doesn’t even stop his detonation. Is this a bug?

It's not a bug, because the armor up should be an Active Buff, not a Passive Effect (like Killmonger vibranium Armor: he Always takes detonation damage from Havok)
  • PachPach Posts: 131
    Why would you even use IMIW on havok? That’s one of the worst match ups any way
    @CFree im actually a girl but thanks for understanding and @Pach its v3 tech champs work best even if I had used starky spidey (which I did) he still died from detonation mind you he had about 230k health that’s as much or more as a war boss
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Colleen said:

@CFree im actually a girl but thanks for understanding and @Pach its v3 tech champs work best even if I had used starky spidey (which I did) he still died from detonation mind you he had about 230k health that’s as much or more as a war boss

I was disappointed when I realised his armour ups wouldn’t negate the detonation. But it has its benefits, since they are passive abilities they can’t be nullified and they dont trigger annoying nodes like spite. There’s prob other stuff too.
    Still he’s a bad match up even if the armor ups worked they aren’t up 100% of the time, his basic attacks that are repulser one give him extra plasma, his specials are basically useless against him too
    edited October 2019
    @Pach ok who did you use??? And can I have an ss of your completed v3?
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Funny enough if you want a tech champ that’s a good counter to Havok, Vulture does the job. Warlock is probably the best counter but he’s newer so it’s less likely a lot of players have him. It’s hard to help suggest counters without knowing your roster. If you would like some advice, post your roster and we can try to help. Unless you made it through him.
    edited October 2019

I even sent a pic of my own maxed out infinity man so you know I’m not bluffing when I say that he’s a bad match up especially against variant level champs
  • noynoy Posts: 56
    Just wanted to add that Og vision is also a good counter if you have him. Spam sp1. Also venom, although not a tech, gains armor up when applying heavies sometimes so he's also a good counter
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    RoninMan said:

Funny enough if you want a tech champ that’s a good counter to Havok, Vulture does the job. Warlock is probably the best counter but he’s newer so it’s less likely a lot of players have him. It’s hard to help suggest counters without knowing your roster. If you would like some advice, post your roster and we can try to help. Unless you made it through him.

Doc Ock works pretty well to. Don't forget cosmic: Venom, Angela, Heimdall,...
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

noy said:

Just wanted to add that Og vision is also a good counter if you have him. Spam sp1. Also venom, although not a tech, gains armor up when applying heavies sometimes so he's also a good counter

If we're extending this to non-tech champs I'd probably take iceman over venom, since iceman is a lot safer.

And I feel like red skull would actually be a lot less stressful than og vision, since you won't need to worry about plasma management at all. But I did read some people say they did it with og vision, so definitely not trying to invalidate your point lol.

You could also use cyclops if you absolutely despise yourself.
    Iceman doesn't work as it is not a real Armor Up.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    For Iceman, I agree the text is misleading. He has a regular armor up buff, but with a different name and icon for some reason.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    RoninMan said:

the best is vision, power drain removes the charges.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    I personally used my own Havok against him. No need to worry about armor breaks making him vulnerable when he's permanently immune.
  • CyporgCyporg Posts: 274 ★★
    I was fortunate enough to pull warlock from a featured. He's perfect for havok, rocks his socks.