**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thing Rock Stack Bug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDBB0vJg7WQ&feature=youtu.be
Near the end of this video, you can see that when the thing is at 16 or 17 rock stacks and parrys to get 5 more rock stacks the timer doesn't restart on the 16th rock stack. Before the latest update when the thing had 16 rock stacks and parried to get 5 more the time for the 16th rock stack to go away resets. This is an annoying bug because if you had a 16th rock stack and parried and wanted to use a special 3 to get all the good benefits of having 20 rock stacks when using it you might only have 19 because the timer will take the 16th rock stack away.

Comments

• Amarok_LexAmarok_Lex Posts: 7
    edited October 2019
    So, yesterday new patch came to us and I spotted a small difference in how Thing stacks works when above 15. But I dont see any thread about it, just this:
    When Thing goes above 15 stacks, it gets new stacks that expire in 5, converting to passive fury, max 20. untill update, the new stacks above 20, had to replace the oldest and reset timer, without any fury, so it was easier to maintain a 20 stack. Now, new stacks above 20 dont replace the old ones, making harder to maintain 20. I want to see a post about this at least, not just a hidden nerf.
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Unintended bug maybe?

What's with all the accusations? I have no love-loss for Kabam... but c'mon.
  • EMKAY75EMKAY75 Posts: 12
    Okay, that‘s the reason why the synergy with human torch doesn‘t work anymore. It‘s not possible to gain instant passive fury when thing would gain more than 20 rock stacks anymore when human torch is in the team.
    That‘s definitely a BUG.
  • Hey there, do you happen to have any video of this occurring, or would you be able to tell us any specific fights or modes this has happened in?
  • Bryan_85Bryan_85 Posts: 43
    Ever since latest update, Thing will not immediately covert rock charges into fury while parrying with Torch Synergy. Synergy states, when he gets to 20 charges, any additional stacks will convert immediately. He acts like a normal fight resetting the timer each parry. Cannot get it to work in any game mode.
  • I also have this issue. I've been using them together for months now in the arena. At first I thought maybe I was mistaken, but upon further testing, it has to be a bug.
  • Thing and human torch synergy not working. Thing, before the update, would refresh his rock stacks at 20 and gain furies when hit or taking a blocked attack. Example, at 20 you take a blocked hit you would gain a passive fury from torch synergy. Now it doesn't.
  • rsay3rrsay3r Posts: 30
    Thanks for posting. I just notice same bug & came to post as well. Hopefully can be quick fix soon. Thanks!
  • WardiozWardioz Posts: 54
    Yes agree with the above comments.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Another separate bug with thing, the sp3 fury boost doesn’t work with the chanpion synergy furies and there’s nothing to say it won’t
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Thanks for this information. We've passed it along for review!

• I can go into a quest & get a video of it if you want me too?
  • RealAsianKingRealAsianKing Posts: 32
    Guys forget about the synergy right now the main bug that also affects the synergy is that when thing is at 20 rock stacks and parries. The timer on those rock stacks should reset the timer but it doesn't anymore. This is evident in the video I posted because you see Thing had 16 rock stacks and parried and one rock stacks timer didn't reset.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 23
    While I would agree it’s certainly not working how it was before, I wouldn’t be so quick to assume it is a bug.

I may be mistaken but I can’t see in his abilities where it says they should reset. Just that stacks above 15 last for 5 seconds and are capped at 20.
    @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra
    Hi - as requested here’s a vid of the Thing bug, and the Thing + Human Torch bug. We can see that the furies aren’t stacking with each additional parry.

Thanks for helping with the fix. Much appreciate the hard work!

https://youtu.be/y8_dJwqpjRY
  • RealAsianKingRealAsianKing Posts: 32
    This video shows it well that when parrying at 20 rock stacks the timer doesn't reset thank you.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    The synergy has no longer able to INSTANTLY convert any Rock Stack over 20 into his Permanent Fury Effect.
    Can someone please tell me this doesn't only happening to me, please?
  • Hey there, the team is working on a resolution for this that will be out in an upcoming update.
  • EMKAY75EMKAY75 Posts: 12

The synergy is broken since the last update. When THING got 20 Rock Stacks he doesn‘t gain ANY fury buffs. So when you‘ve got Human Torch AND Man-Thing on the Team, the HT synergy is totaly useless.
    Please fix PASSIVE AGRESSIVE! Thanks!
    edited November 2019
    Hi Kabam - thanks for your help with this. Would we be able to get an update on the fix for Thing?

Thanks once again in advance.
  • The following issue was resolved in the 25.0 update.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1022889/#Comment_1022889

Fixed an issue where Thing's Rock Stack timers were not refreshing properly when he had 16 or 17 Rock Stacks
This discussion has been closed.