**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

As always

In aq fighting AA unlockable SPL 1 no problem except that when I'm all the way back as far as i can go and his first hit that's a wing attack no projectile yet comes all way across the screen just to hit me. I've used AA lot and never has mine went all way across the screen on the first hit of SPL 1 i feel I've been cheated

Comments

• GillidafGillidaf Posts: 85
    Agreed all the way across the screen isn't right at all. They should not be able to do that but he did
    I couldn't get any farther back i was waiting on that special to be thrown that's why i was all way back as far as it would let me get
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

All Champions have some distance on their Special Attacks, that is variable depending on how far away your opponent is. If they are in a certain range, the attack covers that distance, but is scaled depending on where that Champion is in the range. If they are totally out of range, this won't happen.

This is most visible on Champions like Luke Cage, that actually just "slide" closer to the opponent.

This is for both Attackers, and Defenders, so you can do this as well, but most Summoners launch into a special from a Combo, so you're already hitting the opponent and are as close as possible, so it's not something you would easily notice.

If it was really all the way across the screen though, that doesn't sound right.

we understand that, however, it's pretty easy to see the AI has a longer range than players, even with same champion .. ;)
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Gillidaf said:

Agreed all the way across the screen isn't right at all. They should not be able to do that but he did
    I couldn't get any farther back i was waiting on that special to be thrown that's why i was all way back as far as it would let me get

I mean you could be right or you could just be exaggerating. Without a video it’s hard to say either way. If you feel like you’re going to be in the same situation (using the same champ to fight the same champ) you should record the fight and post it so that Kabam can look into it. Kabam won’t do anything just because you make a post. They need video proof or else they have nothing to go on.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

From early 2018:

The game has seen many slow but steady changes to basic mechanics and these changes are mostly bad for players. Been happening slowly over 2.5+ years at least where things used to work one way then the rules were suddenly changes and we we're told just to live with it.

Remember a time when we used to be able to to dex out when the AI was hitting into our blocks on their 2nd or 3rd hit? They put a stop to that some time in early 2018. Players complained then but it was never dealt with.

What you're describing right now OP has been happening for years. I don't agree with it at all, but you gotta live with it.

That’s interesting. I’ve never quite experienced anything that major. On some specials like AA and LC I notice the slide based on your position in relation to them but I’ve never quite seen that drastic of a slide. Seems like something that should be fixed.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Try kilmongers SP2 for range
  • dot_ditto said:

All Champions have some distance on their Special Attacks, that is variable depending on how far away your opponent is. If they are in a certain range, the attack covers that distance, but is scaled depending on where that Champion is in the range. If they are totally out of range, this won't happen.

This is most visible on Champions like Luke Cage, that actually just "slide" closer to the opponent.

This is for both Attackers, and Defenders, so you can do this as well, but most Summoners launch into a special from a Combo, so you're already hitting the opponent and are as close as possible, so it's not something you would easily notice.

If it was really all the way across the screen though, that doesn't sound right.

we understand that, however, it's pretty easy to see the AI has a longer range than players, even with same champion .. ;)
    That would mean creating 2 different move sets for the same Champion, but that means making 2 different Champions. That's a lot of time, effort, and memory space on your Device. You've both got the same moves.