**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why can I not use Corvus Glaive as a villain in the daily events?

He is one of my top champions and I cannot use him because of the lack of the flag.

Comments

• Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Blade did that
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    edited October 2019
    He’s not a hero either so can’t be used in any nexus
    WetN00dle said:

He is one of my top champions and I cannot use him because of the lack of the flag.

• I had a freak out moment where I couldn't pick my 6 star for the quest and got worried I had deleted him by accident from my account. Until I realized he was Thanos army...
  • WetN00dleWetN00dle Posts: 5
    still makes no sense, he is a villain in the comics, has Kabam ever manifested about it?

Blade is way too old makes no sense to keep it as is just because of him...
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    WetN00dle said:

still makes no sense, he is a villain in the comics, has Kabam ever manifested about it?

Blade is way too old makes no sense to keep it as is just because of him...

they are a bad of mercenaries who primarily do the bidding of Thanos in the comics, which is therefore bad things. They can be considered villains, or just people willing to do bad things for money. Mandarins for example. And Yes Kabam has commented on this in the past. Also when he came out blade was not so old and e is still very relevant.
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    WetN00dle said:

Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Cull Obsidian and Ebony Maw are not tagged as #Villain nor as #Hero, only as #Thanos’s Army
    They can’t be used on the side event for this month, along with characters tagged as #Mercenary that don’t have the required tags

They have been like this since their release
  • The 5th day that allows both Heroes AND Villains should have basically been opened up to NO RESTRICTION. But since they purposely did combination of the other days, Corvus gets left out. And that is probably done on purpose for these Alt. Reality side quests this month so he can not be used to just plow thru every opponent.

FYI, was looking to see who else I was not able to use, and besides ALL the “Thanos Army” (Corvus, Proxima, Cull, Maw ?) there is also White Deadpool X-Force (does not have either Hero or Villain tag).

Any others ?? What does OG red Deadpool have ?
    @SummonerNR some champions tagged #Mercenary might not be usable as well... the ones I found that are not usable are: Sabretooth, Deadpool (X-Force), Moon Knight, Masacre, OG Black Widow, Elektra, The Champion and Luke Cage, aside from Cull, Maw, Proxima and Corvus.

None of these champs is tagged as #Hero nor as #Villain (and some not even as #Mercenary)

Probably there are more as well
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,419 Guardian
    edited October 2019
    Electra, Cage, Widow (of those I have 5/50) yes even though they are not listed as either Hero or Villain...

Could have sworn I did a Roster List and counted how many I had 5/50+ for the Hero/Villain day-5, and compared to full roster list (outside of day-5 quest selection) and were only 3 different in count.
    Corvus, Proxima, DP XForce. Didn’t look at each individual champ for day-5 other than those (and maybe Widow, Electra, Cage appeared available for day-5 even though they weren’t in either of days 1-4 ???), so once I found those other 3 missing I stopped comparing actual champs.

Are we sure OG Widow wasn’t available on Hero day ???
  • @Thi101 RE: OG Widow, Elektra, and Cage (the only other ones in that last list of Mercenary-tag-only that I have at 5/50+)...

During day-5 Hero+Villain day I had checked my count of available 5/50+ that could be used in the Alt.Reality quest vs my full roster, and there was only a 3 champ different in the counts. Corvus, Proxima I knew already were excluded, and then I saw that DP X-Force was also excluded.

But that means my available champs during day-5 Hero+Villain would have included the other 3 (Widow, Elektra, Cage) even though they don’t have those Tags (and, no, I did not specifically recall them being their, just that there was a 3 champ difference, which was the Thanos Army and DP ones that I noticed first).

So, I’ll have to look again this week to see what's up with those particular Mercenaries (and/or others), and whether there is a difference with being able to use them on days 5 vs days 1-4. ???

Electra, Cage, Widow (of those I have 5/50) yes even though they are not listed as either Hero or Villain...

Could have sworn I did a Roster List and counted how many I had 5/50+ for the Hero/Villain day-5, and compared to full roster list (outside of day-5 quest selection) and were only 3 different in count.
    Corvus, Proxima, DP XForce. Didn’t look at each individual champ for day-5 other than those (and maybe Widow, Electra, Cage appeared available for day-5 even though they weren’t in either of days 1-4 ???), so once I found those other 3 missing I stopped comparing actual champs.

Are we sure OG Widow wasn’t available on Hero day ???

No, I’m not sure, but if they day 5 limits by #Hero and #Villain, and OG BW doesn’t have any of those tags, my guess is that she is not available
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    The Thanos Army champs wouldn't really be the most useful against Man-Thing anyway. I understand if they are your top champs, but there are plenty of options that work well for him that you can use.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,419 Guardian
    edited October 2019
    @Thi101 RE: OG Widow, Elektra, and Cage (cont.) ...
    Day-1 again: Science/Cosmic/Mutant + Hero day.
    Luke Cage is indeed available (like I suspected he was on Day-5 with all Hero+Villain)
    So even though he doesn’t have a hero Tag, he is still available. And I believe same holds true for Widow and Elektra on Skill+Hero days.

So only ones I know for sure that aren’t available at all would be the Thanos Army group and DP XForce, unless other people have noticed any others (??)
    Of other ones you mentioned, MoonKnight has a Defenders tag like Cage does (maybe Defender tag internally gets treated as a Hero ?). But Masacre, Sabertooth, and Champion don’t have Defender, will be interesting to see if they show up on Villain day later this week (Champion and ST not showing up as Hero today)