**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The thing

NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
Can someone explain to me when the thing has 15 rock stacks and then uses a sp1 he only loses 3 rock stacks instead of all of them?

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Did you get hit or bleed just before throwing it?
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Did you get hit or bleed just before throwing it?

Nope it has happened numerous times where he only loses 3 stacks, this was against a miniboss which made the fight harder than it had to be
    I’m gonna try and record this and also when he has 15 rock stacks and uses and sp2 sometimes he loses none

Was there possibly some kind of oaar/general aar in play?

No it was aw miniboss

So I fought the things today on the miniboss buffet node and again after using a special he only lose 3 rock stacks went from 15 to 12, I was using ghulk so is this a bug or not
    Also he didn’t have the unblockable buff on but when I was blocking he hit right through my block and gave me a combo over and over again I didn’t know what to do other than quit the fight and restart, the 2nd time it went smoothly and I got him down easy
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I have an r5 thing which I often use to quest, plus usually I'm the one who fights him as a mini boss or boss and never have seen this.

I have fight him every war since he appeared as a defender.
  • BoostergoldrulzBoostergoldrulz Posts: 150
    Did you read his information? He doesn't lose stacks, only when the effect would cause bleed--he'll lose 3.
  • ZainshamsZainshams Posts: 102

Can someone explain to me when the thing has 15 rock stacks and then uses a sp1 he only loses 3 rock stacks instead of all of them?

You need to get him above 15 Rock stacks to make him lose all of those. Like 16 or 17 or higher. When he uses his specials he'll go unblockable and consume all of his rock stacks. Hope that helps.
  • ZainshamsZainshams Posts: 102
    When he's near 15 Rock stacks like 13 hit him into the block the will raise his rock stacks. Hit him thrice and he'll be at 16 stacks. Make sure he's near to use an sp1 atleast. That's the technique I use to fight him. He'll lose all those stacks then.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Zainshams said:

You need to get him above 15 Rock stacks to make him lose all of those. Like 16 or 17 or higher. When he uses his specials he'll go unblockable and consume all of his rock stacks. Hope that helps.
    No. 15 is enough.
    15 is where he needs to be
    edited October 2019
    Zainshams said:

When he's near 15 Rock stacks like 13 hit him into the block the will raise his rock stacks. Hit him thrice and he'll be at 16 stacks. Make sure he's near to use an sp1 atleast. That's the technique I use to fight him. He'll lose all those stacks then.

yah i know thats what i do but for some odd reason when he reached 15 and used a special he only lost 3 rock stacks

Did you read his information? He doesn't lose stacks, only when the effect would cause bleed--he'll lose 3.

you clearly did not read what i said, he's suppose to lose his 15 rock stacks when using a special but he only lost 3
    Gildenlow said:

I have an r5 thing which I often use to quest, plus usually I'm the one who fights him as a mini boss or boss and never have seen this.

I have fight him every war since he appeared as a defender.

and so have i

I guess it’s fixed now