**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Underated/overrated champs

GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
No disrespect to Seatin at all. The man knows his stuff. But since his list seems to be the standard that's what I'm gonna use for this. Who do you think is underated or overated on the tier list?

Personally I'm gonna say Luke Cage. To me he should be god tier. The guy is a wrecking ball. So useful in AQ/AW and questing. He's is on so many peoples 3 person team AW/AQ roster that he has got to be a little more useful than the tier list suggests.

Comments

• TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I think cull obsidian is overrated and should be high demi god. As a 5 65 sym lover I still do think he should be god tier due to his versatility or lack of it. Personal choice would be to swap sentinel and stark, dont really like his utility or playing style and theres a reason I took my unduped sentinel to rank 5 over my duped starky. I would say human torch and black widow claire are underrated and 6.3 will truly show their true colors.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    tiers doesn't matter at all
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Underrated- killmonger, Swiss Army knife, can easily get true strike, basically stun stun immune with his s1, take specials, and he’s very beginner friendly as he’s so tanky
    Underrated- quake, yes she’s in beyond god tier, but people don’t see her versatility, she can handle 80-90% of problem fights and deals a fair bit of damage
    Overrated- blade, yes he’s a great champ, he’s sustainable and has solid damage, but he’s a lot more synergy reliant than most see, and bringing gr to your team besides maybe aq is throwing away that spot for endgame content
    Overrated- gr, he can regen a ton, and has little pieces of utility, but he doesn’t do anything that great, to be competitive in the endgame a champ needs to have tons of utility coupled with solid damage or be the best at something, and gr isn’t either of those.

I think the GR one all depends on where you're at in the game. I do agree he falls off a lot in the endgame though. Back in the day he was my godsend, but now he sits on the bench..
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    ẞlооd said:

Lvernon15 said:

Underrated- killmonger, Swiss Army knife, can easily get true strike, basically stun stun immune with his s1, take specials, and he’s very beginner friendly as he’s so tanky
    Underrated- quake, yes she’s in beyond god tier, but people don’t see her versatility, she can handle 80-90% of problem fights and deals a fair bit of damage
    Overrated- blade, yes he’s a great champ, he’s sustainable and has solid damage, but he’s a lot more synergy reliant than most see, and bringing gr to your team besides maybe aq is throwing away that spot for endgame content
    Overrated- gr, he can regen a ton, and has little pieces of utility, but he doesn’t do anything that great, to be competitive in the endgame a champ needs to have tons of utility coupled with solid damage or be the best at something, and gr isn’t either of those.

I think the GR one all depends on where you're at in the game. I do agree he falls off a lot in the endgame though. Back in the day he was my godsend, but now he sits on the bench..
    Yeah, I agree with that, act 5 map 5 and map 6 he’s still an amazing champ, but once you hit act 6 and the variants his use just drops to near 0
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    Why does he drop to 0 at those points? Just wondering for myself, I don't have a high rank gr. Why does he fall off the useful spectrum. What happens?
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    I think Antman is underrated. With the Ghost and Wasp synergies he gains attack for every debuff he places, and can gain passive furies on glancing hits. Using a MLLLL combo you'll always have a couple fatigue debuffs on the opponent which means he's always dealing good damage. Fire off a sp2 with a few fatigues and you're basically refreshing the debuffs to keep the damage high. He's quite tanky with his high health pool and glancing mechanics. And if you have a 3 star Nick Fury or higher you get 3 evade charges in case you slip up.

For a champ that doesn't need synergies as much I think Civil Warrior is pretty underrated. AAR with armor ups, heal block on heavies, and a couple of ways to power drain, Civil Warrior has quite a bit of utility.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Graydrox said:

Why does he drop to 0 at those points? Just wondering for myself, I don't have a high rank gr. Why does he fall off the useful spectrum. What happens?

He can’t counter the newer nodes and the newer champ releases, you need either insane damage or specific utility for the difficult fights in variant and act 6 which gr doesn’t have, and the regen isn’t as useful
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    I think Jane Foster, Psylocke And Nightcrawler are underrated
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Of the champions I use: Killmonger, Red Hulk, Mephisto and Mordo. Mordo especially: insane power gain, Fury, regen, degen, anti-evade, block unblockable, stun and reduces healing.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    I think gambit is pretty low. He has a good sp1 stun and has some decent damage
    Ramp up time takes a lot though.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    overrated
    - hulk ragnarok
    - morningstar (bad animation, too long rampup)
    - sabertooth
    - symbiote supreme (he is great on his suitable matchup,rest he is just basic guy)
    - Proxima
    - Darkhawk
    - Ghost rider
    - Wolverine
    - Ronin
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I love how everyone disagreed with me but have yet to see any counter arguments
  • GGhostGGhost Posts: 88
    Lvernon15 said:

my R4 Ghost Rider beat 6.1.5 Crossbones boss (oneshot endgame boss fight), he deserve a god tier, we needs to plan every fight, if you don't know how to use him (plan fights), you will think that he is overrated

also i beat colossus in variant 3 with him, and he is my mvp for war, quests and map 6
    humzah217 said:

Underrated: psylocke, hawkeye and doc oc.
    Overrated: ghulk and iceman

Ghulk?! Over rated?!?
    Heal block and stun on the SP1
    Stun and powerlock on the SP2
    Poison immunity
    INSANE damage when crowd excitement reaches 100
    DISGUSTING damage when “face me” is active
    I’d say ghulk is more underrated then overrated mate 🙌
    You forgot the insane regen of his sig. Saved my ass a few times.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    humzah217 said:

Ghulk?! Over rated?!?
    Poison immunity
    Insane and disgusting damage? Are we talking about the same champ? Come on. Numerous champs outdamage him even with Face Me and high excitement.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    humzah217 said:

Ghulk?! Over rated?!?
    Poison immunity
    Nah only really useful for passive dot thats about it tbh
    Kalantak said:

overrated
    - hulk ragnarok
    - morningstar (bad animation, too long rampup)
    - sabertooth
    - symbiote supreme (he is great on his suitable matchup,rest he is just basic guy)
    - Proxima
    - Darkhawk
    - Ghost rider
    - Wolverine
    - Ronin

Exceot GR and Ghulk, the rest is correct.

Wasp is underrated as well
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I disagree with a lot of his list in terms of being overrated. To me he gives champions more credit than they deserve but he seems to enjoy playing with champions that aren't that powerful and I do not. I wouldn't have 6 separate categories either. I have my own list and it is Useless, Average, good, and god tier.

edited October 2019

humzah217 said:

Ghulk?! Over rated?!?
    Poison immunity
    Nah only really useful for passive dot thats about it tbh
    Tho ghulks smash can catch u off guard on defense as well