**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Man thing missed opportunity

Do you guys even read comic books? Man thing is huge! Also, he doesn't cause poison. He causes fear, panic and incineration. I mean, he melts people's face off! That's his whole thing! He can also teleport and he incredibly difficult to kill. This is such a huge missed opportunity to improve the mystic class. He should have some fear mechanic like Omega Red where when in close proximity the opponent builds passive fear debuffs that stack until they turn into an incinerate debuff or panic debuff that affects ability accuracy or power gain.

Comments

• KneeFleshKneeFlesh Posts: 3
    edited October 2019

Yes
    edited October 2019
    I absolutely whole heartedly agree 107% no bout adout it for sure unequivocally yes for certain absotively def.
  • DH_forum_1DH_forum_1 Posts: 81
    or he could have a mechanic like caltrops except dashing back causes incinerate damage
    edited October 2019
    107%
  • Myko_JonesMyko_Jones Posts: 2
    Manthing is hands down better than swamp thing and you guys just made him to a mucus tracking swamp monster. Terrible abilities. You can do better!
  • EarthEarth Posts: 2
    Manthing was ruined by Kabam. They really “Shruted”it
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    His normal size should be XL and his sp3 could be even bigger tbh
  • Safz666Safz666 Posts: 2
    Thats would be nice , Fear of the manthing based on his hit and after that will trigger incinerates 😆
  • ZeroZomb1eZeroZomb1e Posts: 3
    Very disappointed with Man-Thing. This is Phoenix 2.0. He should be more bad-ass. Like DH
  • I completely agree with DH. Kabam missed on this champ! He might as well be Slimer from Ghostbusters!
  • Tommy3374Tommy3374 Posts: 5
    Amen in this one. There needs to be some comic research on some of these key characters. Thanks DH.
  • Shorty403Shorty403 Posts: 1
    Yup i agree with DH he knows the characters inside and out
  • Rabbit8565Rabbit8565 Posts: 3
    I agree with DH. He has been following up about Manthing. Definitely a missed opportunity here with this character and a lost chance in boosting the mystic class.
    it's so crazy. I've been saving units for months hoping that he would be added and I would have totally been willing to purchase the Dark Water crystals today to try for him. Honestly I'm still slightly tempted to just because I love the character...... but he's just so awful. He'd be absolutely useless even if I pulled him as a 6*. How disappointing.
  • HellreverHellrever Posts: 1
    Completely agree. With how much the mystic class needs a boost this is a massivly missed chance at making a great character come to life.
  • m3ssi3rm3ssi3r Posts: 1
    edited October 2019
    Wholeheartedly agree with DH! here. One of the biggest reason why I picked up MCOC was to get an opportunity to role play in game with the character you loved and looked up growing. MCOC gave opportunity to choose your favorite character and go up against rest of the world(finishing off quests etc,) and let you create a small space for oneself in the MCU. You knew their limitation you know the baggage they carry and you loved them for it but in-game MCOC has not done justice for too many of the fan favorites ex: spiderman, hulk etc., in many cases straight up insulted the characters and this is the same reason why i had to take a break from game as I didn't have attachment to the characters which were being released and more and more pay2win modes. Firstly was disappointed by Magneto, later by how weak Sentry was and then came out of the blue nerf to already weaker Magneto which was slap in face of the fans like me. I always fear what would be done to Galactus and some part of me is happy that he still not released in-game.

The amount of miss-alignment between how we regular comic fans/lovers and hardcore comic fans like DH envision the character to be and how they are being showcased in-game in MCOC is ever increasing.

All the feedback given by DH, XxLoganTDCxX and Mr_Wiff, are real expectations of hard core fans.

My only suggestions are :
    1. Before starting to work on a particular character take inputs from hardcore fans and let regular fans provide inputs on how they envisioned/perceive their loved characters to be. If possible try to incorporate those suggestions.
    2. Kabam as a company and MCOC as a game has the directly or indirectly taken up the responsibility of introducing lot of newer generations to the Marvel Universe and they are failing by mis-representing lot of awesome characters. MCOC needs to keep the characters not just look but feel, behavior in lines to MCU.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    this would actually be a great opportunity for their 3 month revisit and make him an XL champion minimum.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the in game design really does the character justice.

But marvel literally has a word in this. Asking whether kabam even knows about manthing comics in this context is extremely silly.

except that they are introducing a classic character to a new generation of people so expecting them to respect the source material is very reasonable and, in my opinion, shouldn't even be a question. They should know what they're drawing from. Geez they could just read a Wikipedia on him and have better info than what they used.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    He has poison which is a DoT similar to acid and an armor break along with that which is like erosion. IMO the combination of poison and armor break is a decent analog for the acidic abilities of Man-Thing.

Could they have created a new DoT effect for him? Sure, but that doesn’t mean it is mandatory if it was even feasible. You would then have a champion who has a DoT effect with no counters though.

Could they have used incinerate instead of poison? Sure, but imo poison is more valuable and has more counters so when you face him you’ll have more champions to fight him with.

Maybe they could’ve given him incinerate on top of the poison and armor break which would be closer to his abilities in the comics. 🧐

He has poison which is a DoT similar to acid and an

He has poison which is a DoT similar to acid and an armor break along with that which is like erosion. IMO the combination of poison and armor break is a decent analog for the acidic abilities of Man-Thing.

Could they have created a new DoT effect for him? Sure, but that doesn’t mean it is mandatory if it was even feasible. You would then have a champion who has a DoT effect with no counters though.

Could they have used incinerate instead of poison? Sure, but imo poison is more valuable and has more counters so when you face him you’ll have more champions to fight him with.

Maybe they could’ve given him incinerate on top of the poison and armor break which would be closer to his abilities in the comics. 🧐

manthing doesn't have "acidic abilities". He instills fear and causes people to burn. Also, he's huge. In the versus screen he looks like he's barely able to stand up.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    You’re misinterpreting his abilities or going with an alternate version. He reacts to other’s emotions and excretes acid which burns them.

“He does not possess emotions himself. Violent emotions in others cause him some form of extreme discomfort, which produces a physical reaction on the surface of his body. In response to emotional provocation, his body produces fuming sulfuric acid which can cause severe burns when in contact with the flesh of emoting beings. When the being ceases to radiate emotion, the Man-Thing's body ceases production of acid and secretes a mild, soapy mucus that tends to neutralize the acid. The Man-Thing will only attack a being that emotionally provokes him. ”

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Theodore_Sallis_(Earth-616)

“ However, emotions that are often viewed as negative, such as violent emotions like anger, hatred and fear, cause the Man-Thing great discomfort and might provoke him to attack. Once provoked into violent actions, his body secretes highly concentrated acid that can burn human beings to ashes within a matter of seconds. Even individuals that have high levels of superhuman durability have proven unable to withstand this potent acid. While the Man-Thing is devoid of violent emotions, his body produces a type of foamy, soapy mucus that neutralizes the acid.”

“It is able to sense human emotions, and is enraged by fear and automatically secretes a powerful corrosive; anyone feeling fear and clutched by the Man-Thing is prone to be burned (either chemically or mystically), hence the series' tagline: "Whatever knows fear burns at the Man-Thing's touch!" Though fear is understandably most people's response to the creature, both for his monstrous appearance and the physical danger of his touch, typically only villains end up meeting an immolating death at its hands.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-Thing
    point conceded.... however, "concentrated acid that can burn a human being to ashes in seconds" is not what we got. His damage output is in the toilet. His poison and regen are awful. He's nowhere near what he should be. In addition to that, he looks like he's about to fall over like a drunk old lady.
    This characters abilities are incredibly lazy and my main point is that this is a missed opportunity. We already have plenty of great tech champs. It's October and in 2 years they've given us one classic marvel horror characters in celebration of Halloween and the execution of manthing is poorly conceived.
  • Finalflash8Finalflash8 Posts: 72
    Agree with many of the points here. Just when it looks like Kabam is going to start adding some beef to the mystic class, they give us another borderline useless champ in man-thing.

Poison immunity is becoming pretty common now, particularly with new champs. Any champ that relies heavily on poison cant be an all-around effective. The other killer is that a ton of cosmics have poison immunity. Really negates man-thing in those matchups.