**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why is Thing not Poison Immune ?

I’ve been going for my recent completion of chapter 1 variant 2 and have made it to 1.3 with no revives or potions. Sadly I have no gladiator hulk so I decided to go the poison route with the full thing synergy team, only to learn he is vulnerable to poison.

Come on , he’s literally a pile of rocks

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,732 ★★★★★
    He is a human being, He is not just a "pile of rocks".
    The abilities he has is on his abilities page list, you can check it before starting a quest or a fight.It really was a mistake there
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I think of poison as a corrosive, not an infectious type effect
  • Hidden_KnightHidden_Knight Posts: 202
    I think it's fine that he does not, he already has a bunch of immunites. he like other champs needs to have balance.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Even korg is not poison immune so i guess it makes sense...?
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    Colossus is a pile of metal, ghost rider is a skull on fire, they can both be poisoned
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Gr isn't incinerate immune, iceman isn't cold immune. Thank god groot doesn't bleed
  • jeffgmngjeffgmng Posts: 115
    See those cracks all over his body? Liquid stuff could penetrate there. Hmm, someone with acidic, corrosive or venomous **** and spit it all over Thing's body would work, i guess? Lol
  • I see what you’re saying but surely you read his description?
  • PachPach Posts: 131
    Why is he nullify immune anyway?
  • Aleor said:

Gr isn't incinerate immune, iceman isn't cold immune. Thank god groot doesn't bleed

What if instead, he leaked sap?
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★

I’ve been going for my recent completion of chapter 1 variant 2 and have made it to 1.3 with no revives or potions. Sadly I have no gladiator hulk so I decided to go the poison route with the full thing synergy team, only to learn he is vulnerable to poison.

Here is the "pile of rocks" after getting his face slashed by Wolverine....
  • LordScatsburyLordScatsbury Posts: 170
    @DNA3000 magic
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Because you can still piss on a rock and defecate on a rock too. That has poison all over it.
    Technically, urine is sterile.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Chump said:

This brings back another age old question, why isn't Iceman frost bite immune and Sabertooth is? It's just to keep the playing field "even" so to speak. Can't be immune to everything because that wouldn't be "fair". It's Kabam logic and it is what it is.

Because Sabretooth has that warm coat. It protects him from all the cold elements.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

@DNA3000 magic

Can't be. Thing is Science.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Chump said:

This brings back another age old question, why isn't Iceman frost bite immune and Sabertooth is? It's just to keep the playing field "even" so to speak. Can't be immune to everything because that wouldn't be "fair". It's Kabam logic and it is what it is.

Immunities are subject to game balance decisions. But the question isn't why isn't Iceman frostbite immune, the question is why so many people think he should be.

People have an outdated and physically nonsensical idea about what Iceman does. In the comic books, the modern canonical description of Iceman's abilities is that he's an energy manipulator: he can remove kinetic energy from a substance, especially water, and that's what makes it cold. Cold is the side effect, not the effect. That is because you can't really make things cold: cold isn't a thing. Heat is a thing: you can make things hotter by adding heat energy to it. There's no real limit to how fast you can inject heat into something. But to make it colder, the thing has to emit its heat. It can only do that so fast, and there's no way to speed it up any faster than what it can do intrinsically.

So for Iceman to do what he does, especially to freeze objects solid basically in an instant, requires him to have special energy manipulation powers. Iceman is immune to cold, in the sense that exposing him to cold things does nothing to him. But there's no particular reason why he should be immune to energy manipulation powers.

Sabretooth, on the other hand, has a powerful mutant healing factor. Because mutant healing factors aren't explained as to how they work, it is possible Sabretooth's healing factor can counteract the damage done by Iceman's energy manipulation powers. There's no explanation for how, but it is sufficiently ambiguous to be not entirely out of the question.
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    Ice Man is poison immune and we all know poison can't penetrate water. Lol!