**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who are u gonna be voting for

BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,147 ★★★★
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
And why

Who are u gonna be voting for 226 votes

#Hulkbuster
47%
DNA3000danielmathSnakeEyes69ShrimkinsKenny292Timone147SaiyanRiise81KyrkantXakrenDrenlinJadedAkshat0311AjisdopeTerraGNASTYDarkrider05LibralonixSlappapowBboychobo 108 votes
#Ironman
16%
BadroseIcthalianFrostyFabiusBRLosspikRam_SarkarNanaPokuBlueSleipnirStar_Lord_Thecurler16wegnerkStingerbkHammerbro_64NiteAndDaeMostWantedPanchulon21tkt546Primetime_769Zeronaut81Mathking13 38 votes
#Daredevil
21%
ArcDeAngelusSlowDigzMegaSkater67RaganatorRazorDevilMr_WiffadqqedfyvrKihlgastcAncAmOAtomic_WolfLvernon15YusrizalJay1248Crimsontide1616MilesHolmwoodJack_OHaraCryptic_CobraPeterQuillDiksh619Manar198x 48 votes
#Abomination
1%
MrTicTac19992008Timroste_dua_shum 3 votes
#Black panther
7%
MrLalowTheVyrusBpn88855NojokejaymCliffordcanAceLuffySaboLiss_Bliss_Master3418Saransh245Datman257ScarRealmLSDinKalantakHAL9000gp87Kratos89 16 votes
#Kamala khan
5%
DOKTOROKTOPUSM1k0rinKairosJujuyAlbi⁴7²00⁴TatteredSailBarakaNick1109lukakapsp742Massapealder0815fuchsBarricadePrimeE_N_D__G_A_M_E 13 votes

Comments

• BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,147 ★★★★
    #Hulkbuster
    #Hulkbuster
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    #Hulkbuster
    Since there's no Groot, going with HB.
  • bsrulezzbsrulezz Posts: 7
    #Hulkbuster
    #hulkbuster
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    #Hulkbuster
    #buffhulkbuster2019
  • UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★
    #Ironman

For the love of god take KTs advice.

Hulkbuster or Abom are likely defensive buffs and we'd only be hurting ourselves. How many have Abom anyway?

Black Panther will likely depend on his bleeds and the game has tons of bleed champs anyway, and they're limited in the current meta.

The remaining 3 remaining are likely to get attack buffs. Iron man probably being the safest bet there since IMIW is already a defender and Daredevil could have some interesting utility too.

Don't vote for Hulkbuster cause of the memes. He's not going to be an attacker, just be a pain on defense and that costs everyone potions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEwrT2jFvTQ

No hulkbuster needs the buff the most as he is the most USELESS champ in the game. Even og ironman is better than hulkbuster. Every other trash champ has one some what redeeming quality hulkbuster has nothing
    My double duped 5 star hulk buster agrees
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    #Hulkbuster
    Buster going to walk in here. Hope OG IM gets up for second
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    #Black panther
    ah looks like its hulbuster and daredvil (if time permits)
  • WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★
    #Daredevil
    #disabled people need buffs too
  • BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★
    #Hulkbuster
    who cares about KT1 comments... dude has destroyed more champs than anyone else with all his videos....
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★

Hulkbuster or Abom are likely defensive buffs and we'd only be hurting ourselves. How many have Abom anyway?

Black Panther will likely depend on his bleeds and the game has tons of bleed champs anyway, and they're limited in the current meta.

The remaining 3 remaining are likely to get attack buffs. Iron man probably being the safest bet there since IMIW is already a defender and Daredevil could have some interesting utility too.

Don't vote for Hulkbuster cause of the memes. He's not going to be an attacker, just be a pain on defense and that costs everyone potions.

And what about Colossus? Everybody said that he's going to be a defender, too. But it seems that he will be much better in offense.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    #Daredevil
    I don’t want a new defender
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    #Daredevil

And what about Colossus? Everybody said that he's going to be a defender, too. But it seems that he will be much better in offense.
    He looks like an annoying defender tbh, and his offence hasn’t been particularly stunning
    Also, keep in mind that Cull Obsidian is also a big chunky lad but definitely not a good defender, but a good attacker.

Plus, It really doesn't seem like people gonna vote for Abom anyway lol.
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    #Hulkbuster
    For personal reasons I’d like BP since I have him 4/55 but HB needs it the most
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    #Daredevil
    #BuffMattMurdock

Lvernon15 said:

He looks like an annoying defender tbh, and his offence hasn’t been particularly stunning
    He seems to become very tanky, yes. But in terms of other abilities or special attack animations, he doesn't seem to become that op in defense.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    #Hulkbuster
    He needs it the most
    XL champ
    2015 Variant Gem
    Trash
    Also I have him so I want him buffed, but I have most of the list so I really don't mind who gets buffed, but top priority is HB
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    #Hulkbuster
    Truth is I don’t care if it’s a defensive or offensive buff. I care it’s a buff that allows me more chance at a 6* I can actually have a use for. I don’t know why the others are on the list as they don’t have a 6* version and no guarantee they will. God abom is a limited 5* what does that help. Even if he becomes a 5* regularly available it will be a long time until the majority have it.

These days the true Mid tier is moving to a places where the quest for 6* will start out weighing the quest for 5*. Once you have a team of god tier 5* you tend to start weighing do I save for 6* for future planning because resource availability is a challenge for those levels.

Now think of the fact that this buff is going to hit in 6months after selection if we are lucky at current pace. Will you really care about a 5* that is buffed in 6 months or will you personally be to the place where unless they are god tier defender or attacker all 5* will stay at r3 with some moving to r4 but never r5.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    #Daredevil
    I think daredevil will be more fun to play. I personally dont like playing defensive tagged champs on attack but thats just me. Also the biggest difference is that daredevil is way more iconic than hulkbuster and has currently better synergies(with she hulk) than hulkbuster. Also if they were to buff the synergies then ironfist could potentially also be a better champ. The main drawback is that hulkbuster is also available as a 6 star so would beneift a lot more people and he has a higher chance of getting immunities over daredevil who might get annoying evade mechanics
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    #Daredevil
    DNA3000 said:

Hulkbuster or Abom are likely defensive buffs and we'd only be hurting ourselves.

With all due respect, I think he's wrong. It is impossible to say how the developers will think a revamp through, so there's no certainty involved, but I believe the odds favor Hulkbuster becoming less of a defensive problem than Daredevil. First, I think KT1 thinks of Hulkbuster in terms of his tag and his "tankiness" but consider who the *most* problematic defenders are. They aren't the tanks. They are the counter-attackers. King Groot is tankier than Hulkbuster. Domino is a glass cannon. But Domino is the superior defender because King Groot cannot kill you with his health bar. He can maybe cause you to time out. But Domino can straight up assassinate you.

HB procs armor. DD evades projectiles. Evade is more annoying than armor on a defender. There are a lot more avenues available to make DD more annoying than HB.

Second, consider Colossus. The same thing was said about him: he's a tank, the devs are just going to make him more tanky, no one will want to play an even more lumbering tank. But in fact, they significantly upped his damage, keying off the fact that his original design did have damage increases with armor stacks on specials. They greatly expanded that for Colossus. Hulkbuster has a similar design: he armor breaks on specials. There is at least a significant chance that the developers follow a similar pattern, increasing HB's damage to expand on the very limited damage avenues he currently has.

In fact, every revamp I can think of significantly increased the champion's offensive firepower, or the champion's ability to attack more effectively. This is true both for champions you'd expect to get more damage like She-Hulk and Red Hulk, but also champions you'd consider more defensive like Luke Cage. In fact, Venom is tagged a defensive champ and he deals plenty of damage.

I believe the devs will make Hulkbuster more "defensive" in the sense the game uses the term and the tag. He will have more damage mitigation. But damage mitigation is not the most important thing that determines what makes strong defenders. Offensive counter-attack ability is what makes strong defenders. Hard to evade animations or attacks, evasion or other mechanics that cause attackers to miss, strike back damage or other passive damage abilities, and mechanics like auto-block all make champions into strong defenders even if they don't make the champion "defensive."

Bottom line: I believe whether they buff DD or HB (or any of the others) they will try to enhance both their defensive abilities and their offense, and I think HB is more likely to get damage mitigation that helps players on attack and DD is more likely to get enhanced evasion which is more likely to help as a defender than an attacker.
    Look at the champs that are listed as defensive tanks. Every single champ with that tag is used on defence apart from 5 who are used on defence and offence: emma, hype, venom, sentinel and thing and only one is used mainly for offence which is hulk. 13 champs and the vast majority are skewed defensively. Yes offensive champs may be better defenders but the defensive tanks constitutes the most defenders. Also you cant have luke cage as an example since he isnt termed as defensive tank.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    #Hulkbuster

DNA3000 said:

Hulkbuster or Abom are likely defensive buffs and we'd only be hurting ourselves.

With all due respect, I think he's wrong. It is impossible to say how the developers will think a revamp through, so there's no certainty involved, but I believe the odds favor Hulkbuster becoming less of a defensive problem than Daredevil. First, I think KT1 thinks of Hulkbuster in terms of his tag and his "tankiness" but consider who the *most* problematic defenders are. They aren't the tanks. They are the counter-attackers. King Groot is tankier than Hulkbuster. Domino is a glass cannon. But Domino is the superior defender because King Groot cannot kill you with his health bar. He can maybe cause you to time out. But Domino can straight up assassinate you.

HB procs armor. DD evades projectiles. Evade is more annoying than armor on a defender. There are a lot more avenues available to make DD more annoying than HB.

Second, consider Colossus. The same thing was said about him: he's a tank, the devs are just going to make him more tanky, no one will want to play an even more lumbering tank. But in fact, they significantly upped his damage, keying off the fact that his original design did have damage increases with armor stacks on specials. They greatly expanded that for Colossus. Hulkbuster has a similar design: he armor breaks on specials. There is at least a significant chance that the developers follow a similar pattern, increasing HB's damage to expand on the very limited damage avenues he currently has.

In fact, every revamp I can think of significantly increased the champion's offensive firepower, or the champion's ability to attack more effectively. This is true both for champions you'd expect to get more damage like She-Hulk and Red Hulk, but also champions you'd consider more defensive like Luke Cage. In fact, Venom is tagged a defensive champ and he deals plenty of damage.

I believe the devs will make Hulkbuster more "defensive" in the sense the game uses the term and the tag. He will have more damage mitigation. But damage mitigation is not the most important thing that determines what makes strong defenders. Offensive counter-attack ability is what makes strong defenders. Hard to evade animations or attacks, evasion or other mechanics that cause attackers to miss, strike back damage or other passive damage abilities, and mechanics like auto-block all make champions into strong defenders even if they don't make the champion "defensive."

Bottom line: I believe whether they buff DD or HB (or any of the others) they will try to enhance both their defensive abilities and their offense, and I think HB is more likely to get damage mitigation that helps players on attack and DD is more likely to get enhanced evasion which is more likely to help as a defender than an attacker.
    Look at the champs that are listed as defensive tanks. Every single champ with that tag is used on defence apart from 5 who are used on defence and offence: emma, hype, venom, sentinel and thing and only one is used mainly for offence which is hulk. 13 champs and the vast majority are skewed defensively. Yes offensive champs may be better defenders but the defensive tanks constitutes the most defenders. Also you cant have luke cage as an example since he isnt termed as defensive tank.
    By your own reckoning, six of the thirteen champs tagged as defensive tanks are strong attackers. And of the five you list as being used as both attackers and defenders, I'd say all of them are at least as good as attackers as they are defenders, if not better as attackers than defenders. That's cannot possibly be reasonably described as "the vast majority are skewed defensively." It is almost a fifty fifty proposition. What's more, that list includes as many good attackers as good defenders: Thing, Hype, Sentinel, Emma and Korg, and debatably Juggernaut are good defenders. While the rest are placed as defenders, they aren't particularly good ones - Abomination, Antman, Groot, Hulkbuster, Rhino. In fact, all of them have been either strongly suggested, or actually appeared on, candidate lists for champion updates.

What's more, when you look at the list of all Defensive:tanks, the newer the champion is, the more likely it is the champion will be a useful attacker. Emma, Sentinel, and Thing are all (relatively) newer champions. And both Hulk and Venom are older champs that received champion updates. The defensive tanks that aren't strong attackers tend to be the older and not updated ones. Which again suggests that new or updated Defensive tanks are more likely to be useful attackers than not. There's arguably only one of those at the moment: Korg.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Need to buff iron fist, moon knight
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    #Hulkbuster
    Honestly, I wanted a buff for a mystic champ
    But since there are none
    #GoHulkbuster