**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Upcoming Balance Changes to Invisible woman and Namor?

MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
Now that Sue Storm has entered the premium Crystal, will we get any info about the possible changes of her? Hoping that Namor only gets an update for his defensive skills!

EDIT: I noticed now that she entered the premium Crystal right now, so maybe there will be an announcement in the next hours (so this post can simply be ignored)

Comments

• MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    Yes I think that too... Namor's damage are high (like the heavy hitters in the game) but you have to do many things in order to make those numbers. Cull obsidian only needs some parries
    and a sp3 with Rout (and many, many potions)
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

Yes I think that too... Namor's damage are high (like the heavy hitters in the game) but you have to do many things in order to make those numbers. Cull obsidian only needs some parries

Like 5 to 10 figth
  • BurroBurro Posts: 82

Just some parries and Rout? How about 3-7 fights if you don't get hit depending on what synergies you run. Also as long as you aren't on a debuff immune, buffet or masochism paths as well.

Sure, just parries and route. Namor can do it in 1 fight over and over again.
    Agree with you about Cull. He takes multiple fights to ramp up and his block proficiency is terrible. However, once you get through a couple fights there is zero ramp up and it is just some parries, rout and hit stuff. Namor on the other hand has to be ramped up every fight. In EQ most of the fights are over before you even get to his peak damage. Content with larger health pools his damage comes into play more, but you have champs like Proxima who also needs to be ramped up every fight, needs longer fights to ramp up and once ramped up it is constant for the rest of the fight. Once ramped up Proxima can our damage Namor as well.

I’m glad that Kabam is taking a look at some newly released champs and buffing ones that are underpowered, but hate the slippery slope of nerfing new champs after hyping up their abilities to sell crystals then nerfing those same abilities. It makes spending $$ or units on new champs and using valuable materials to rank them up a gamble.

We don’t know how they’re going to change Cull, but I really hope if they nerf his damage they give him a comparable increase in abilities. I personally think Cull shouldn’t be touched and if he is his damage should stay the same but give him more block proficiency. Namor is perfect the way he is.
  • TheManFromMarzTheManFromMarz Posts: 29
    edited October 2019

Namor can activate imperious Rex (Max Damage Mode) at 15 charges, that takes the same amount of time to build up a sp2 (even faster if the defender is bleed immune). Not saying hes overpowered but Cull definetly doesn't deserve a nerf.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    They're always going to have some Champs that perform well. It's not really a matter of who is good and who isn't being nerfed. It's about the data showing large enough discrepancies. Maw was doing very little Damage. Cull can amass a great amount of Damage very quickly within a Fight, even though it takes effort to get him there. Faster than any other Champ, I suspect. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say they were looking at how quickly he increases Damage. Not the total amount overall. I don't think they're going to stop all Champs from doing great amounts of Damage, and I don't think they're just nerfing any Champ we consider good. I think the whole fear is reactive.
    First of all I was ironic (and too much superficial, maybe), I didn't mean to belittle the difficulty to gain 10 Charges and finally deal some great damage. So, here is my point:
    1. I don't think that Kabam will "nerf" Cull Obsidian, maybe they will decrease his damage output with 10 charges and Rout, but what I really hope is that they will make him more resistant, giving him a better Block proficiency or stuff like that. Everybody knows this argument, Cull is unusable in most contents of the game, right because you have to play perfeclty in order to take as less damage as possible (because I think that nobody wants to spend potions from the beginning of a quest in act 6)... moreover, you have to make a good amount of parries to stack armor breaks (so you unavoidably take damage) So, in my opinion, a change is a good thing (obviously if they only change his damage, it's a shame) The synthesis to this idea is: because Cull now is pretty much useless (compared to many other champions), the changing can only benefit him.
    2. Let's talk about Namor. Excellent champion, super Damage with furies and Imperius Rex is an extraordinary feature that makes him even stronger. But against Winter Soldier, he takes him down with 100-150 hits, a good average for the Heavy hitters.... He is useful in various situations, i.e. reflecting some unavoidable damage. Does he have some OP abilities? I think not, he has unique skills, like some God tier champions.
    3. invisible woman? In my opinion, she is too weak and gaining 50 stacks of Vulnerability is a bit hard and mantaining them is harder. Does she need a change? I think yes.

In conclusion, I passed many days wondering WHY kabam decided to change something in Cull obsidian.... because, if they can change a champion (pretty useless) like him, they can change anybody. What tests did they take? They saw a video on YT where Cull obsidian kills Wolverine with a single sp3? WOOOOOW too much damage! Let's limitate him.
    So my joke was like "Namor doesn't deal that damage, let him go"
    I repeat, my comment was superficial, I'm sorry I couldn't remove it... but i hope that now you understand what i meant to say. Yesterday they chose Cull, tomorrow they could choose Claire voyant.. and next? That is what sometimes make me lose confidence in kabam's policy
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★

Just some parries and Rout? How about 3-7 fights if you don't get hit depending on what synergies you run. Also as long as you aren't on a debuff immune, buffet or masochism paths as well.

🤫🤫🤫🤫
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Invisible Woman isn't OP or underpowered, so I doubt she gets a change.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

🤫🤫🤫🤫
    I have Cull but not Namor. Classic "hey look over here" distraction scenario lol

First of all I was ironic (and too much superficial, maybe), I didn't mean to belittle the difficulty to gain 10 Charges and finally deal some great damage. So, here is my point:
    1. I don't think that Kabam will "nerf" Cull Obsidian, maybe they will decrease his damage output with 10 charges and Rout, but what I really hope is that they will make him more resistant, giving him a better Block proficiency or stuff like that. Everybody knows this argument, Cull is unusable in most contents of the game, right because you have to play perfeclty in order to take as less damage as possible (because I think that nobody wants to spend potions from the beginning of a quest in act 6)... moreover, you have to make a good amount of parries to stack armor breaks (so you unavoidably take damage) So, in my opinion, a change is a good thing (obviously if they only change his damage, it's a shame) The synthesis to this idea is: because Cull now is pretty much useless (compared to many other champions), the changing can only benefit him.
    2. Let's talk about Namor. Excellent champion, super Damage with furies and Imperius Rex is an extraordinary feature that makes him even stronger. But against Winter Soldier, he takes him down with 100-150 hits, a good average for the Heavy hitters.... He is useful in various situations, i.e. reflecting some unavoidable damage. Does he have some OP abilities? I think not, he has unique skills, like some God tier champions.
    3. invisible woman? In my opinion, she is too weak and gaining 50 stacks of Vulnerability is a bit hard and mantaining them is harder. Does she need a change? I think yes.

In conclusion, I passed many days wondering WHY kabam decided to change something in Cull obsidian.... because, if they can change a champion (pretty useless) like him, they can change anybody. What tests did they take? They saw a video on YT where Cull obsidian kills Wolverine with a single sp3? WOOOOOW too much damage! Let's limitate him.
    I repeat, my comment was superficial, I'm sorry I couldn't remove it... but i hope that now you understand what i meant to say. Yesterday they chose Cull, tomorrow they could choose Claire voyant.. and next? That is what sometimes make me lose confidence in kabam's policy

They have raw data and dont need to see YouTube videos. No idea what video where he kills wolverine with 1 sp3 unless it's a video from when cull was bugged.

They have raw data and dont need to see YouTube videos. No idea what video where he kills wolverine with 1 sp3 unless it's a video from when cull was bugged.
    https://youtu.be/rlXCSG-T2ZA
    Video made on May, i think that the huge bug is from late july, so I assumed it's the "original and intended" damage. That was an example, he deals a lot of damage, but this damage is only the peak of the iceberg

https://youtu.be/rlXCSG-T2ZA
    Video made on May, i think that the huge bug is from late july, so I assumed it's the "original and intended" damage. That was an example, he deals a lot of damage, but this damage is only the peak of the iceberg
    This is also a R2 6* with full synergy team and full suicides.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    they better not massacre my boy