**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Black Widow Claire Voyant Nerf

I just found the thread where Kabam is now saying the wording on Black Widow will be changed so hat way she cannot nullify pre existing buffs as long as she has charges. This is a MAJOR change to her abilities and needs to be posted publicly if this is this case as I myself and other people are ranking her based on this ability, this is not a mistake and was clearly worded this way purposely, changing it changes her entire ability and I would expect rank down tickets due to the nerf of her abilities, this is not an adjustment but a complete removal of the way she is supposed to be able to nullify buffs as long as she has charges, the counterbalance is already in place that you have to have enough charges to nullify the buff. Who are we supposed to rank and why get excited about new champs when they will continue to be nerfed????

Comments

• Dakine86Dakine86 Posts: 239
    edited October 2019
    ABSOLUTELY CRIMINAL. this will be my final straw.. spun dozens of crystals and didnt get her so i cracked and ground her arena for her..
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    They're updating the description to match what she actually does. More over, she hasn't been out that long, so they're prompt enough about it. Honestly, it isn't a nerf.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    What are you talking about? Where did they say this? Are you sure you’re not confusing her interaction with unstoppable buffs?
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    RoninMan said:

What are you talking about? Where did they say this? Are you sure you’re not confusing her interaction with unstoppable buffs?

I’d also like to see the thread ‘-‘
    Can you post the link to it?
  • Dakine86Dakine86 Posts: 239

• RoninMan said:

Dakine86 said:

That comment was to address the fact she can’t safety nullify unstoppable like CAIW can. It doesn’t affect her current ability to nullify any other buffs like normal.
    Read what he says they are going to change it so you can only nullify buffs that would prompt on contact...like Wolverines regen, when she currently can nullify existing buffs, for instance fighting Venom you could remove all of his buffs, this is how the description reads currently, either you do not play this game or have no idea what your talking about. Her ability is supposed to work like Scarlet Witch where by attacking you can nullify the buff as long as you have charges, which the charges part is the balance to not be OP like Scarlet witch was with this, that’s what you don’t understand
  • TipoTipo Posts: 113
    That’s not what he says. I don’t see anything about unstoppable specifically on that comment. He says pretty clearly she should not be able to remove a pre existing buff.
  • Tipo said:

That’s not what he says. I don’t see anything about unstoppable specifically on that comment. He says pretty clearly she should not be able to remove a pre existing buff.

Right but her current description says she should be able to and she currently can, so that would change what she can or cannot do .
  • Tipo said:

Right but her current description says she should be able to and she currently can, so that would change what she can or cannot do .
    Also why would it say the 1 or more buff part then, it would start at 0 if it was pre nullifying buffs as they are stating it will change
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

RoninMan said:

Dakine86 said:

That comment was to address the fact she can’t safety nullify unstoppable like CAIW can. It doesn’t affect her current ability to nullify any other buffs like normal.
    Read what he says they are going to change it so you can only nullify buffs that would prompt on contact...like Wolverines regen, when she currently can nullify existing buffs, for instance fighting Venom you could remove all of his buffs, this is how the description reads currently, either you do not play this game or have no idea what your talking about. Her ability is supposed to work like Scarlet Witch where by attacking you can nullify the buff as long as you have charges, which the charges part is the balance to not be OP like Scarlet witch was with this, that’s what you don’t understand
    Wow. You’re an incredibly rude person. Good luck.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

Tipo said:

Also why would it say the 1 or more buff part then, it would start at 0 if it was pre nullifying buffs as they are stating it will change
    It looks to me like the person who wrote the description was thinking too technically about the mechanics. The intent seems to have been to nullify a buff that is triggered by the attack (or landing an attack). If you land an attack and you trigger a defensive buff then after the attack there will be one buff there. If you don't trigger a defensive buff then there will be zero there. The problem is this description fails to account for pre-existing buffs. This would not be the first time that the person writing the text description of an ability made this kind of error.

It might seem obvious that the correct description should have simply said "if the opponent triggers a buff when striking or when struck by Claire Voyant, the buff is nullified and a charge is consumed." But that might also be wrong. In the past, abilities like this would affect all buffs triggered at the same time - Kabam even said at one point that the game engine at the time couldn't distinguish between one or multiple buffs triggered simultaneously in that context. Perhaps Claire Voyant's abilities involve new mechanics that can do this, and the intent was to emphasize that one, and only one buff is nullified when buffs are triggered. And that's what triggered the clumsy and ultimately incorrect wording.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Tipo said:

The current description does not say she should or should not be able to nullify the unstoppable ON attack like CAIW, this is what his description says:

100% chance to Nullify Unstoppable Buffs on hit.

This is what Claires ability says:

After landing or receiving a Light or Medium attack and the Opponent has 1 or more Buffs, a charge is consumed and 1 Buff is Nullified.

His happens ON hit, hers happens AFTER hit. All they are doing is clarifying that because people seem to not understand the difference. They are not changing it so it will somehow not work, you are worked up about nothing but your misunderstanding of how she works. They clearly stated in the post they are updating the DESCRIPTION of the ability, not the ability itself.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    so champion boss remains intact as usual..Nice!!!!
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Kalantak said:

so champion boss remains intact as usual..Nice!!!!

Champion boss fight is unaffected. She was never able to intercept remove unstoppable, which is why the topic kept coming up. She can still parry hit remove unstoppable. This is not possible for juggs though.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★

They're updating the description to match what she actually does. More over, she hasn't been out that long, so they're prompt enough about it. Honestly, it isn't a nerf.

I ... I actually agree with GroundedWisdom on this. A nerf is changing how the champion works, not changing the description. An inaccurate/unclear description is a mistake, and Kabam's fault, but it's not a nerf.
  • Sup3rmanSup3rman Posts: 7
    I also thought this was a nerf, but it now seems like it is just a poorly worded response/clarification to Claire's ability.

They are either going to change her description to accurately match how she is currently working --- (she can nullify the unstoppable buff but the unstoppable effect PRECEDES the buff's nullification, and she CAN nullify 1 of any active buff every light or medium hit in exchange for one of her charges)

or

if you directly use Zibiit's explanation + example...she is NOT working as intended and she is only able to nullify a buff that she causes the opponent to gain after landing a hit, like rhino's defensive fury buff that is sometimes gained when the opponent lands a hit on him. This would mean that she will not be able to nullify pre-existing buffs or any other buffs that are triggered without getting hit by Claire..like Hyperion's power gain.

It's most likely not the latter, but a quick clarification from Kabam would ease the worry some summoners have.
    JohnHS said:

I ... I actually agree with GroundedWisdom on this. A nerf is changing how the champion works, not changing the description. An inaccurate/unclear description is a mistake, and Kabam's fault, but it's not a nerf.
    Fault in the sense that they wrote it, perhaps. Wording is one of those things that can go wrong depending on how people interpret it, and that's always something that's a work in progress.
    She's not changing.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Dakine86 said:

So is it just about unstoppable or is it all buffs. If it’s unstoppable I can live with that. If she will stop nullifying all buffs in general then we have a issue. Even though I would like to keep the unstoppable nullify how it is. Wtf are you doing kabam where you release champs then change them after. Get it right the first time. You act as if you are amateurs sometimes.

Dakine86 said:

So is it just about unstoppable or is it all buffs. If it’s unstoppable I can live with that. If she will stop nullifying all buffs in general then we have a issue. Even though I would like to keep the unstoppable nullify how it is. Wtf are you doing kabam where you release champs then change them after. Get it right the first time. You act as if you are amateurs sometimes.
    She's not stopping anything. She isn't intended to Nullify already-active Buffs. She's intended to prevent them from activating. Which means it doesn't affect Buffs already active.
    SHE IS NOT CHANGING. Lol. They're rephrasing their wording so people can understand better.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    edited October 2019

Dakine86 said:

She's not stopping anything. She isn't intended to Nullify already-active Buffs. She's intended to prevent them from activating. Which means it doesn't affect Buffs already active.
    SHE IS NOT CHANGING. Lol. They're rephrasing their wording so people can understand better.
    So if she can’t nullify buffs then what is the point of her charges? And her abilities specifically say that she nullifies buffs. If they take that away it’s a drastic change.

That's pretty clear to me. You can keep claiming it's a nerf, but that doesn't make it so.
This discussion has been closed.