**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Video chat for feedback...???

Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

So I open up my game to see an in-game mail. It was asking about feedback for AW. Obviously I press sign up and it takes me to a page with a question. Asking if I am comfortable video chatting about AW. I select no because unlike one of my jobs that require live video I don’t think this warrants it. So I assume it will route me to a Q&A page nope. Nothing else.

So if we don’t want to video chat with a Kabam employee about AW we don’t get to participate? I’m sorry but that seems weird to me.

Comments

• Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Same for me. I answered no as well simply because my only laptop is a work laptop, I don't believe I should be using that to video chat with non-clients. Plus it's very weird. Maybe be more descriptive with the question next time. Is it a one on one chat? Is it a group chat? Is it a Skype chat? One question with no description to see my face was odd.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Exactly. And if we say no to the video chat why are we automatically ignored?
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    I said yeah and followed through answering. I'm wondering what they're going to say or ask. At bn least one other alliance member also got it and hes an officer in the alliance I lead. Not sure what criteria they are using. They cant possibly be doing video calls with every player or even every player in the top 1% right?
    edited October 2019
    Maybe it’s random @Justapilgrim I am nowhere near the top 1% hell this season I finished 2 brackets below my norm.
    Maybe it’s just me as a female being paranoid, but I agree not giving more up front information is a little off putting.
    Completely understand that reasoning. And yeah it is offputting. Why not a Live Chat if you dont want to video chat.
    @Justapilgrim what were the other questions after you told them they were allowed to see your face?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Probably get more info later. I opted in.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I'm in. If it was any other source, I'd be concerned. In-game, I trust it.
    What do you mean "in-game"? Like the in-game mail? That's not what this thread is about.
    We are discussing how inappropriate it is to ask, no demand, a face chat. If you say no for a face chat you are automatically eliminated? So anyone that doesn't feel comfortable showing their face is out? Completely out of line.
    @Justapilgrim thanks bro
    Gregdagr8 said:

What do you mean "in-game"? Like the in-game mail? That's not what this thread is about.
    We are discussing how inappropriate it is to ask, no demand, a face chat. If you say no for a face chat you are automatically eliminated? So anyone that doesn't feel comfortable showing their face is out? Completely out of line.

Exactly. We should not be subject to showing ourselves to this company or any company for that matter in order to give feedback. It just seems rude.

Gregdagr8 said:

Exactly. We should not be subject to showing ourselves to this company or any company for that matter in order to give feedback. It just seems rude.
    That's why it's elective.

Gregdagr8 said:

No. There should be a chat option or a Q&A option will fill in your extra responses. Only allowing for video chat as the only option is wrong.

Gregdagr8 said:

No. There should be a chat option or a Q&A option will fill in your extra responses. Only allowing for video chat as the only option is wrong.
    I'm not sure how that's wrong. There are many types of interactions. In this particular case, this is the method they're using. If you're not comfortable, that's completely understandable. That doesn't make it wrong.

Gregdagr8 said:

I'm not sure how that's wrong. There are many types of interactions. In this particular case, this is the method they're using. If you're not comfortable, that's completely understandable. That doesn't make it wrong.
    What’s wrong is telling us that if we don’t show our face and load up a video chat our opinion doesn’t matter anymore.

Plain and simple. Conversation with you is done.

Gregdagr8 said:

What’s wrong is telling us that if we don’t show our face and load up a video chat our opinion doesn’t matter anymore.

Plain and simple. Conversation with you is done.
    Who said your opinion doesn't matter anymore? If you want to participate in THIS questionnaire, you have the choice.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    They want an in person face to face feedback session from leadership in alliances. That’s all, they are not saying your opinion does not matter or that you are unwelcome for not doing so.

They have their reasons for this of which there are many possibilities. But it would be safe to assume those reasons do not include ostracizing people.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Gregdagr8 said:

While I understand the sensitivity some have towards video chat (I don't do it often myself) I don't think it is reasonable to state that people who don't wish to participate in video chat are being ignored, since up to this point previous random sampling feedback has been happening with things like surveys. It would not be reasonable to say that the people who don't like surveys and would rather video chat were being ignored.

Some things work better with the written word, and some things work better in face to face conversations. I don't think Kabam exploring a new feedback channel automatically denigrates the opinions of everyone who doesn't want to participate in that one single channel.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    I think maybe the reaction here is a bit of an overreaction. It’s quite possible that Kabam felt like face to face interaction is more personable and makes it easier to relate and get a more genuine conversation. I don’t think it’s fair to say that they think your opinion doesn’t matter. Seems like you’re taking it very personally that they are just looking to do video chats with people and because you don’t want to participate you feel discriminated against.
  • Gregdagr8 said:

Think GW meant that at least the message was initially sent “IN-GAME” as opposed to being sent to your email address directly (which would be very suspect and could just as easily have turned out to be Spam or a Virus and not actually from Kabam). So was just commenting on at least the Authenticity of it being by Kabam.

From the screencaps asking for best day/time, this maybe sounds like it could be a bunch of different Group Chats at different times that will take place. Maybe (hopefully) it will just be Video+Audio from Kabam's side, and from all the users participating as a group they would be just Audio-Only (maybe with some type of “prompting” system as for who gets to talk when (??)
  • DreadknockDreadknock Posts: 25
    Same deal. I have a few things I'd like to say about making AW better, especially for officers, but just not comfortable with being drug into a video chat. It's kinda like answering one of those spam calls.