**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

We need bluetooth controller support

Let's face it, MCOC would benefit greatly from a bluetooth controller.

Even if you wasted your money on the newest iPhone, your screen heats up after any significant amount of gameplay. It may not get to the point where you necessarily notice it, but it's enough that the salt and oil on your thumbs gets cooked onto your screen. In addition to being difficult to keep clean, that can weaken or even damage your screen.

On the flip side, the buttons of a controller are designed to withstand those same corrosive properties - not to mention that they don't get nearly as warm. Your fingertips will thank you for being gentler to them.

Before anyone decides to be a troll and comment something like "Kabam already said there aren't plans to introduce compatibility.", "That would make the game unfair.", or even "How would you dash left/right? They joysticks?", I'll address those.

Yes, Kabam has previously said that there aren't plans for compatibility. That doesn't mean that can't change. I highly doubt that they always planned on having Act VI only allow 5-6*s. I don't know of any idea I could offer as a solution - or argument - for this one. Ultimately, it's Kabam's game and Kabam's choice. I simply hope those in charge realize that it would, in fact, improve the maximum gameplay experience.

As far as making the game unfair? It is already. There are plenty of features in the game that are biased towards those willing to put food on the tables of Kabam's employees. Same with those willing to buy a performance device just to play MCOC. Whether that's an Asus ROG or a OnePlus McLaren, your gameplay improves the more you're willing to put out. Adding support for bluetooth controllers would be the same - your gameplay experience improves, as long as you're willing to use a little spare change and upgrade your arsenal.

Why would you default to using the joysticks? MCOC wouldn't use the joysticks at all, ideally, except maybe for navigation outside combat. Tap the left trigger to dash back, hold it block. Tap the right trigger to dash forward/medium attack, hold it to charge a heavy. One of the four main buttons (A,B,X,Y if it's an X-box style design) would be your light attack, and another your special attack - both preferably able to be set by choice in a mapping window.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    It is against the ToS and will get you banned. It wont happen unless they do it on a different game or server, which I doubt they ever wilk
  • GUARD1ANGUARD1AN Posts: 103
    edited October 2019

It is against the ToS and will get you banned. It wont happen unless they do it on a different game or server, which I doubt they ever wilk

Without proper support for one, there's no point right now in using one - similar to with PUBG, for example. Just as in my first defense,
    GUARD1AN said:

Yes, Kabam has previously said that there aren't plans for compatibility. That doesn't mean that can't change. I highly doubt that they always planned on having Act VI only allow 5-6*s. I don't know of any idea I could offer as a solution - or argument - for this one. Ultimately, it's Kabam's game and Kabam's choice. I simply hope those in charge realize that it would, in fact, improve the maximum gameplay experience.

they've updated the ToS before, it would take very little for them to be updated as necessary for this improvement.
  • to be honest, i think it would be great idea if this were allowed. it would be easier for most players. i would find it easier for me to play and not hurt my fingers so i can study afterwards as well
  • my thumb starts to hurt at school