**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Aura of incineration different than regular incinerate?

Hey MCOC experts, dumb question time - why am I taking damage with incinerate immune champs from mephisto? Is his aura not the same as regular incinerate?
Thanks!

Comments

• RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    It depends on which champ you’re using. Awakened Vulture and Red Hulk convert incinerate debuffs. Champs like Havok, Void, and Night Thrasher are immune to all forms of incineration. So Vulture and Red Hulk can still take damage from Mephisto’s aura but the others like Havok won’t.
  • One's direct damage, the other is a debuff.

Mephisto's is not a debuff, it's direct damage.

Hyperion's l1 and Sentinel's l2 are incinerate debuffs.
  • DocBDocB Posts: 150
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Its a question on who you were using.
    Aura of incineration is energy damage, but is currently dealing incinerate damage (something like passive incinerates lets say). Incinerate immune champs aren't affected by it.
  • KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
    Going along with this, anyone know why Gladiator Hulk takes damage from Human Torch, Sunspots, incinerates when at a distance (similar to Meph)? Aren’t they passive abilities since they still do damage even when not being actively hit? Face me doesnt activate. Thanks for an answer.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

Going along with this, anyone know why Gladiator Hulk takes damage from Human Torch, Sunspots, incinerates when at a distance (similar to Meph)? Aren’t they passive abilities since they still do damage even when not being actively hit? Face me doesnt activate. Thanks for an answer.

Torch and Sunspot place incinerate debuffs. Gulk is not immune to those, nor does it trigger Face Me.