**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champion Rework Pause

So is the champion rework pause affecting "buffing" of champions? i.e. Will Annihilus and Human Torch still get buffed? Will Ebony Maw still get buffed?

or is all of this on hold now?

i was holding on ranking and awakening Human Torch to see what his rework was going to be - will it still happen?

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Everyone but OML and Colossus are on hold. Says it right in the annoucement.
  • WNS1980WNS1980 Posts: 13
    Is it as clear as that?
    it says "like Colossus and Old Man Logan" - is that meaning that a rework that has been put to a poll wont be affected but HT and others that were announced to be happening alongside Colossus and OML are paused. would be great to get confirmation from @Kabam Miike or another moderator.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Yes. They're separate from the newer tweaks.
    Technically, I suppose. I don't see them making too many adjustments to him. We're still going to have strong Champs. What it looks like to me is there are soft boundaries for too much or too little. Basic overall performance standards. That doesn't mean Champs who hit hard are automatically going to be adjusted. At least that's what I'm gathering until we get more detail.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    anihilus and human torch didnt need buff any way but its the maw and Diablo(he wasnt announced) are at loss probably but lets wait till december as per the announcement and see how it goes.its not like any of us has taken them to R5/65 and are at significant disadvantage because of them being the worst champions in game
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    It is as clear as that, js.

“We're going to take some time to gather this information for all the champions from Annihilus to Invisible Woman, and then in December present all these changes to you in a forum post, and give you a chance to provide feedback before we release them into the game.”
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Everything got pushed back to December ...

For some reason, this is a good thing ... Yay !?

because some people were freaking out about how they thought Cull was going to be nerfed into the ground. And generally over these rebalancing changes overall. The whole idea being 'oh we can't trust to put our resources into these new champs because then Kabam will nerf them into the ground'. Maybe it wasn't what everybody was thinking, but a lot of voices were heard mentioning this worry. And it's a valid concern imo...
    Haji_Saab said:

Knowledge of what is to come was too much for the general public to handle. It’s like what happened with Y2K, imagination ran wild and the reaction leading up to the event was worse than the actual event.

Kabam is taking the route of showing us how their balance changes turn out so we have a frame of reference for future occurrences. Also this way the players get up tunes along with down tunes, like a spoonful of sugar with their medicine.
    Lvernon15 said:

And this still means namor can be nerfed doesn’t it...

Thinking about the timing and wording of this recent announcement I’d say this means Namor will be adjusted.

Why?

His and IW’s balance update was scheduled to hit instead of this announcement. Given the reaction to CO’s it would make sense that Kabam wouldn’t want to add more fuel to the fire and leave players with even more anger and uncertainty for another 3 months when announcing Namor’s balance update; best to put a band aid on the wound and rip it off later so to speak.

• AanthoAantho Posts: 159
    Black friday and cyber monday are coming, si you would like To keep minds quiet before...
  • From the sounds of it they’re changing how they’re going to do things. They didn’t have formal structures in place before and it seems adjustments were ran as a side project to the main work.
    It would appear they’re going to work out what, if anything needs to be done to a champion before announcing any changes so as to not feed the rumour mill, which let’s be fair was pretty off the chain what with the lack of info/responsiveness.

I’m hoping this means greater transparency, and discussions will take place and that champions will come out at roughly the same sort of power/use level so it’ll be small tweaks rather than wholesale changes. Cull’s adjustment isn’t a nerf if they reduce his damage but add a different string to his bow.
    edited October 2019
    Haji_Saab said:

Haji_Saab said:

Knowledge of what is to come was too much for the general public to handle. It’s like what happened with Y2K, imagination ran wild and the reaction leading up to the event was worse than the actual event.

Kabam is taking the route of showing us how their balance changes turn out so we have a frame of reference for future occurrences. Also this way the players get up tunes along with down tunes, like a spoonful of sugar with their medicine.
    But the same uncertainty is still there. The only way to clear this is to come up with actual changes at 3 months' time when Kabam announces that this champion will be changed. Just extending the review time, doesn't solve this. I just had a team mate ask whether Warlock or Namor will change. We don't have an answer to that question until Kabam finish their review in 6 months (or more?). This timeline is the real problem for me. It is too long.
    There’s the fear and speculation that put Kabam on this path.

Cull is getting balanced in 3 months.

We’ll just tell you as it happens next time.

• dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

Not sure what the 2nd one is referencing .. but I feel you're mis-representing it ..

I see this:

Kabam: "After looking at our data across all the game modes we have determined that Cull Obsidian is out damaging every other high-damage Champion in the game."

reference: Upcoming Cull Obsidian and Ebony Maw balance changes

Kabam: "we're going to share these changes, and the data we're using to inform these changes, so you can see what we see"

reference: Pausing champion balance

dot_ditto said:

Not sure what the 2nd one is referencing .. but I feel you're mis-representing it ..

I see this:

Kabam: "After looking at our data across all the game modes we have determined that Cull Obsidian is out damaging every other high-damage Champion in the game."

Kabam: "we're going to share these changes, and the data we're using to inform these changes, so you can see what we see"

Exactly. ;)
    dot_ditto said:

I see this:

You left out on the first part of the announcement that they said they were going to still make him a top damage dealer.
  • Honestly, the sentiment is fantastic. Just a matter of seeing it occur. As it stands, everything is on pause until December in the realm of new Champions being rebalanced. According to the post, we'll be getting more details as to who, what, and why they'll be adjusting. Then, we'll have a chance to provide feedback before anything goes live. So if the changes don't make sense to the majority, we'll have the opportunity to express this, and possibly change the outcome. Frankly I think this a huge step in the right direction by the sound of it. Just a matter of seeing it in action.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

You left out on the first part of the announcement that they said they were going to still make him a top damage dealer.

Yeah, I left a LOT out of both .. ;) hehe
    was just trying to pull the key item which I felt (my opinion, yep) that made most people "freak out" ;) so to speak .. hehe

in the first, for me at least, it was their claim he was outdamaging, and I was interested in seeing that info ..
    in the latter, the key there (to me at least), was them agreeing that they should have and will share that data in the future.
    :)
    dot_ditto said:

Yeah, I left a LOT out of both .. ;) hehe
    was just trying to pull the key item which I felt (my opinion, yep) that made most people "freak out" ;) so to speak .. hehe

in the first, for me at least, it was their claim he was outdamaging, and I was interested in seeing that info ..
    in the latter, the key there (to me at least), was them agreeing that they should have and will share that data in the future.
    :)
    I get that I just think that sentence about their intention on keeping him a high damage dealer is important.
    I've been saying all along they're not making major changes with these tweaks. It's minor alterations to existing Abilities in order to give them more balance and better use. HT they referenced giving more use in Incinerate Immune situations, for example. They've said a few times now that they're looking at giving them more Offense or Defense use, depending on what they need, and the goal is not to make them less desirable.
    For some reason, people are still convinced they're going to nerf everyone and you can't Rank anyone. Rank your Champs
    .......or not. Lol.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Haji_Saab said:

But the same uncertainty is still there. The only way to clear this is to come up with actual changes at 3 months' time when Kabam announces that this champion will be changed. Just extending the review time, doesn't solve this. I just had a team mate ask whether Warlock or Namor will change. We don't have an answer to that question until Kabam finish their review in 6 months (or more?). This timeline is the real problem for me. It is too long.
    Yeah, half a year is just killing me. I got a 5* Maw and I will need to wait till like Christmas before I see any changes to Squidnoodle.

The scaremongers clearly won and everyone has to pay the price, all because they don't want Kabam to touch their precious Cull/Namor.