**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Anyone else having trouble recruiting for Plat1? Tools to help officers coming?

Hey guys. We just hit Plat1 this season which has been a goal for a while. We are trying to get a few new team members and I thought it would be easier, not harder. Is this normal? People don't want to compete at this level? Let me know your thoughts and tips to recruit at this level

Kabam, I know you had mentioned tools coming to help officers make this game less of a time suck. Are they on their way? This is becoming a full time job and that is just silly.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    there is a conception that being in plat 1 requires you to play nearly perfectly, and costs are extremely high, especially if running map 6/7 of AQ. I dont know about the first part, but I know the latter is not that bad.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Maybe running AQ 5x5 is part of the problem?
  • Hey im interested add me on line gertistheguru pls
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    It’s getting really difficult to recruit nowadays as many players have quit due to poor resources and rewards by kabam
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    Or bugs, unreliable service, and nigh on zero compensation for acknowledged bugs.
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    In all honesty. I've been playing a lot more map 6 recently, and its not all that bad imo. As long as you bring the right champs for the right paths, it can easily be done without using much or any resources.
    You dont have to be on every waking moment of the day either, but spending 3 to 4 mins checking in every 3-4 hours is not really all that bad.
    As long as you got a good alliance and everyone can handle their paths, its easily doable.

As for items, that is what the glory store is for. I make sure to buy at least 2 Health Pots every rotation, if I am not full already so I always have a stock when needed.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    War isnt that fun. I can probably reach plat 2 but the effort vs rewards isnt motivating. I would rather do map 6 and try some map 7 as well as story content while also getting the easy 5 star shards from gold 1. Also most plat alliances I have seen also do map 6 or 7 so theres that.

I hear that. We have a lot of highly skilled players with families that can’t keep logging in all day. Map 6 makes the game unenjoyable to some because it feels like homework. And our donations are really low because of it.

Maybe running AQ 5x5 is part of the problem?

I like map 6 better than map 5 as long as time zones and movement are planned reasonably. Doesn't really take more time. Lower donations would be nice but t2 alphas would be a problem.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Map 6 is not hard with the proper planning and a committed team. I could log in 4 times a day for 10 minutes each time and still be completely fine for map 6.

I find map 6 to be more enjoyable than map 5 because I can't stand the passive AI on map 5. bothers the hell out of me.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    AW is just not a fun game mode for most people and being a 5x5 AQ and Plat 1 ally isn't very appealing. You get better rewards for half the effort and items running AQ 7x5 then you do from a full season in Plat 1. Most people prefer to go 7x5 AQ and no item Plat3/4 then push in AW.
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Yeah man it's super hard recruiting for us too. Plat 2, map 6/7. No one enjoys war anymore. And we don't even really try that hard. Last season we only won 3 wars. The last 4 wars of the season we didn't even 100%. War is in a really bad place and the rewards are the same for doing one month of the monthly event quest.

I can only speak from a plat 3/2 level of gameplay.

I used to be in an alliance(s) that hovered around plat3. We dipped into plat2 for a bit but nothing more and we knew we wouldn’t hold place there. There was a lot of work that went into it. From lane and champion selection, making sure we all had pots/boosts and playing to the best of our ability.

The last part is the one that hurt the most. No matter what, if someone died they would get yelled at, and chided publicly. Even if it was in the boss, but worse on hard champs on “easy nodes”. This is why so many people, IMHO shy away from higher tiers. Not because of their skill, but because of their fear of being publicly judged, humiliated, chastised.

Now you can say your alliance is different, by when you see it all the time in the alliances who play around the plat2/1 level it’s hard to have fun. And that’s the reason a lot of people play this game. To have fun.

I took a step back from plat/AQ6 alliances and honestly I’ve been having the most fun I’ve had since starting the game. The group of people are judgmental, don’t scream and shout when we lose a war, or even drop brackets/tiers. We shake it off and make sure we do better next time.

War is a breeding ground for hate and toxic behavior especially at higher levels. And the majority of people don’t want to be associated with that. Not have the time or energy to compete at that level.

Just my .2 with of stuff

This is one of the reasons I have been in the same alliance for so long. We are plat 2 and have been plat 1 but we keep it relaxed and chill.
  • Corby11Corby11 Posts: 170
    I agree with comments above, every second person seems to turn into a keyboard ninja the higher up in AW you go hurling abuse and demanding people boost pre battle for War. Not pleasant to read even if it’s not aimed at you. I am sure not all alliances playing at higher levels are like that, probably once you get past a certain level all the players are on the same page and Uber competitive anyway but it’s been the general m.o in alliances I have been in that are on the edge of Platinum. I kinda understand how it’s frustrating for some who are boosting every fight to watch others drop like flies but it’s hard to get 30 people together in a mid range alliance all with the same commitment to winning and the atmosphere can be pretty unpleasant when it goes wrong. It does put a lot of people off joining Platinum level teams myself included even though I have a decent roster and could probably handle a higher map tier.