**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Had this happen in AW today - OR vs Thing mini, he launched a special mid combo (and yes, he was under 15 stacks, so it was not an unstoppable trigger).
  • otranksootrankso Posts: 18
    Variant 3 basically have a built in block counter i can’t remember how many time did I die trying to build sentinel and with mine unduped it’s almost impossible to build him when this is Feature not a bug for variant 3

In other game modes this doesn’t happen that often
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    otrankso said:

Variant 3 basically have a built in block counter i can’t remember how many time did I die trying to build sentinel and with mine unduped it’s almost impossible to build him when this is Feature not a bug for variant 3

In other game modes this doesn’t happen that often

Yeah i have 5 paths left to fully explore it, which im saving units for this exact reason. Its definitely more visible in variant 3. I specifically remember the magneto bosses being able to evade out of blocked hits during analysis build up.
  • ÉpicoÉpico Posts: 93
    Also happening to me on omega red and sometimes some others as well
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    The bug is still here !

i was counter attacked by Omega Red SP1 (The one in EQ 3.2) while hittng into block !
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    Featured 5* Arena, 6* RH vs. Storm. Push Storm to corner and hitting her block, she nails me w a Sp1. iPhone 8+, all the updates. Can a mod please update us on the status of this bug?
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Elektra vs Quake in AQ, was hitting her block, and she fired off a SP1.
  • RukhaRukha Posts: 4
    This has been happening to me a lot since the last patch.
    Specially when using Ronin.
  • ZarakikZarakik Posts: 178
    Just now got hit by Special 1 from Sentinel while hiting his block with Pheonix
  • RawwryDRawwryD Posts: 25
    This happens to me all the time with omega red vs everyone on the biohazard path in AQ. Especially frequent with Red hulk and BP but it has happened against every champ.

Also just happened in variant 3 using SL against venom the duck.
  • RawwryDRawwryD Posts: 25
    Also medusa has been Autoblocking into an immediate counter or dash back then counter.
  • Blaker78Blaker78 Posts: 133
    I just had it happen in the side quest. I was using killmonger and hitting into the block of she-hulk and took an sp1 to the face while hitting into the block. Happened to me last night as well though I don’t recall the fight now.
  • Shroud1969Shroud1969 Posts: 76
    Using unduped 6* Sentinel in Variant 3. Some champs are worse than others (BPCW and Aegon - can't hit into block more than 2x) but the bug is worse than the previous version. Please fix.
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam everyone”

This has been happening for 6 months now. FIX THE FRAME RATE. there needs to be recoil on blocked attacks!!!!!! I’ve lost too many champs to this in AW and AQ. You find out about she-hulk and she is fixed within weeks! Fix this bug.
    Massacre is literally made to hit into blocks and now, he cannot consistently ramp. Please for the love of everything marvel.
    You have a misconception. We do like new champions. But we love when you fix the game and Listen to your consumers. Too much time, too many resources, and too much skill go into doing things right in this game without getting screwed over by bugs that are fixable! I don’t want the game changed, I want it fixed!!

Unfortunately, this was an intended change. NOT A BUG. They said that it was always supposed to be this way although certain champs are not as effective now like Massacre. AI changes happen quite often. Little tweaking here and there and you do not find out until you are in a fight (The hard way). I see it all the time. things like " I use to be able to hit him/her after blocking the special!". or like "Why is the defender just standing there blocking and not trying to attack?" or "I used to get a Parry at the start of the fight!" or "How did he throw a special at me when I was hitting his block?". Do we see the trend? Not only will this not be fixed, but we will not see any comments on it. This thread has been going for a long time with plenty of examples. Not hearing anything back because they do not want to draw our attention of the changes they make WITHOUT PLAYER FEEDBACK. It is more than just the champ changes we need to be in the loop with!
  • CobraCobra Posts: 126
    Happened to me now for the 2nd time using Hyperion against IP.
  • Dean929rrDean929rr Posts: 14
    Getting tired of this bug!! Trying to do variant 3 but you know it makes me want to quit. This is ridiculous.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    When on earth is this going to be fixed? If the player can’t counter with specials or dex out when getting hit into the block why would it be acceptable for the AI? It’s basically cheating at the moment and has been for months. Severely noticeable in V3 whist building analysis charges with sentinel.
    I’m just thankful most of the champs I use don’t require much aggressive play but this really needs some extra attention, becoming a farce
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    And again - Map 6, OR vs Punisher when hitting into his block, took a special to my face.
  • Shroud1969Shroud1969 Posts: 76
    This behavior is most significant in the Variant AI FWIW. It's particularly noticeable in Variant 3 because of Sentinel bonus.

The main issue I'm seeing is the overall response time of the AI in these modes is wicked fast...probably a touch too fast. People have mentioned the stationary invisible (block/unblock) that we see with Nightcrawler. There also are times when I've knocked an AI opponent down with a special. I'm locked in position for a fraction of a second and the AI is able to tag me before I'm able to dex/evade backwards.

So while mods have stated that "the AI hasn't changed" (clearly it has BTW) - I believe it's really the SPEED/REACTION times that have changed that have affected this behavior. I'm sure it's more complex than that but that's how I perceive it from a player perspective.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    It is really odd they mention this in the changelog "- Made further improvements to prevent the Defender from launching a Special attack while Attacking into their block."

Yet, they don't say anything here and acknowledge that it is still broken.

It really isn't that hard to say "Yes, we know it still is broken, and we are working on another fix"
  • DOA40DOA40 Posts: 94
    Oh, it’s DEFINITELY broken. I did my fights against Mephisto in this month’s event and he has become the King of this. Not only was he using them in Block, he was chaining them while attacking.

He would literally throw 2-3 attacks and then just chain out a special just as I was counter attacking. No warning, now nothing. Just BOOM, special.

For something that they SUPPOSEDLY fixed, they must of been lying to themselves that they had.
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    Very very much still broken in every game mode. AQ, arena, war, questing, variants, eq, story, constantly!!!
This discussion has been closed.