**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is 5.4 easier than 5.3?

H3neRyH3neRy Posts: 309 ★★★
Hi everyone, recently I asked a question whether exploration of act 5 is worth the effort or not, to which everyone said yes and to which I agree now. So i started exploring and I found 5.4 to be much straightforward and simpler to do than 5.3. So i wanted to ask you guys whether you found 5.4 to be easier than 5.3 or not. Thanks for reading this.

Comments

• Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    5.4 is easier in the terms that 5.3 is very long due to the 50% reduced attack on all but 1 class.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Easier or not is a matter of opinion, I think. But it's less time consuming and more fun for sure.
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    "Easier" is a relative term.

A more objective term would be "less of Satan's ###hole".
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    If you have counters for the bosses it probably is
  • H3neRyH3neRy Posts: 309 ★★★

5.4 is easier in the terms that 5.3 is very long due to the 50% reduced attack on all but 1 class.

Yeah 5.3 is the longest
    Aryl said:

Lol, but yeah I'm finding 5.4 fun to play
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    H3neRy said:

Aryl said:

Lol, but yeah I'm finding 5.4 fun to play
    Exactly. There is nothing positive about 5.3. It's awful, long, trite content.

If you have counters for the bosses it probably is

Didn't have counters before but since kabam blessed me with a 5 star sentinel recently i found that I could explore biohazard but fighting cable still sucks though.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    I personally find 5.4 quite easy and fun to play, but it has few exceptions. Now I am not good player at all, but some nodes are just way harder than the rest of the chapter. There is enhanced powergain, stun immune Hyperion. That one's nasty. Same with NC (enhanced abilities stun immune). In the last chapter there's AoN Ant-man, who cost me a lot of pain. In terms if the bosses, almost all of them are quite easy. I have had great issues with ultron final boss, who cost me about 2500 units to explore (I am f2p btw). Please note I am a fairly bad player and that the Ultron is much easier than it seems. Although I haven't explored 5.3 yet, some nodes look pretty nasty and it is also long. Everyone does 5.4 first, bcs the difficulty is similar, but the rewards are WAY better for 5.4 than for 5.3
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    5.3 requires a lot more from your roster. You need deep and well balanced teams with full of high level champs in all 6 classes. While in 5.4 you only need 1 strong team.
    Kerneas said:

I personally find 5.4 quite easy and fun to play, but it has few exceptions. Now I am not good player at all, but some nodes are just way harder than the rest of the chapter. There is enhanced powergain, stun immune Hyperion. That one's nasty. Same with NC (enhanced abilities stun immune). In the last chapter there's AoN Ant-man, who cost me a lot of pain. In terms if the bosses, almost all of them are quite easy. I have had great issues with ultron final boss, who cost me about 2500 units to explore (I am f2p btw). Please note I am a fairly bad player and that the Ultron is much easier than it seems. Although I haven't explored 5.3 yet, some nodes look pretty nasty and it is also long. Everyone does 5.4 first, bcs the difficulty is similar, but the rewards are WAY better for 5.4 than for 5.3

I'm worried about that hyperion and nc that you are referring to. Its the only path left to explore in that chapter. I saw the video on it my mcoc noob who did it with zero potions, just used a boost. But yeah it's definitely relatively easier than 5.3 not super easy. For me too Ultron was the hardest to fight and I've only done it once and I'm not a good player but I'm pretty average.
    GOTG said:

5.3 requires a lot more from your roster. You need deep and well balanced teams with full of high level champs in all 6 classes. While in 5.4 you only need 1 strong team.

True but for me maintaining roster is not harder but to use new characters for every quest definitely messes my timings and causes me to eat a 5hit combo.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    I thought 5.4 was quite a bit easier. 5.3, like GOTG said, demanded a lot more from my roster, so I wasn't able to explore that one for a fat minute.

5.3 was my favourite chapter. 5.4 was cool aswell though.

Means you explored it a 100%, wow man you must feel relieved .
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    If you have like one-two really strong champs per each class, then 5.3 could be easier, but if you don’t have a super developed roster I bet you would find 5.4 easier
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 735 ★★★
    Imo 5.4 wasn't that bad if you looked up the maps (which I assume everyone that did it after the first week did the same) however 5.3 was just a #@$%. The class reduction and key restriction made it very annoying.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    i'm kinda stuck on 5.3 and i need help (and a better phone and hands and champions). i have it at 63%, but i'm facing a real problem in the power reserve + cornerd paths, i don't know how to deal with that
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 126
    Having just done both in the last week. Yes 5.4 was MUCH easier than 5.3, for me. Archangel and Blade(with Ghost Rider synergy) destroyed everything(546 Ultron wasnt fun but I used blade to fight til vigor activated then quit and revive).
  • Chris1212123Chris1212123 Posts: 320
    In my opinion act 5 in descending order of difficulty

• DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    5.4 was definitely easier then 5.3
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I found it less item consuming than 5.3 on my first completion. If you have the right counters to the bosses then its relatively easy(CapIW, void, medusa etc)
  • UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★
    5.3 was the reason I almost stopped playing this game halfway through every fight I'd fall asleep