**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Elsa applying degen when under suicides

124»

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Again, in this game, range is applied to an aura. Something that can't be avoided is not an aura, regardless of what it says in their spotlight or the dictionary.

I don’t know if this is wishful thinking or a bold faced lie either way it’s false and I invite you to cite your source.

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

@Rougeknight87 If you’re questioning if her interaction with Double Edge is intended that has been asked and answered by Kabam and to you specifically.

Just like AA was working as intended and champ balancing would be announced before they were added to the champion pool?

@Rougeknight87 If you’re questioning if her interaction with Double Edge is intended that has been asked and answered by Kabam and to you specifically.

Just like AA was working as intended and champ balancing would be announced before they were added to the champion pool?
    Your non sequiturs are top notch.

Again, in this game, range is applied to an aura. Something that can't be avoided is not an aura, regardless of what it says in their spotlight or the dictionary.

I don’t know if this is wishful thinking or a bold faced lie either way it’s false and I invite you to cite your source.

Where in Elsa's spotlight does it say her Bloodgem Protection is an aura? It seems like you're putting that word on anything you like.

Has a dev never come on here and stated something as fact and been wrong before? On evidence they didn’t test it.
    Now you’re grasping at straws. Get a good nights sleep.

Yeah totally. Kabam is often wrong yet you're using a single comment made in one thread as proof that she's working as intended.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★

Has a dev never come on here and stated something as fact and been wrong before? On evidence they didn’t test it.
    Now you’re grasping at straws. Get a good nights sleep.
    How is that grasping at straws? Just because a faceless mod says something does not mean it is fact. Kabam employee’s have been wrong on many occasions, they are only human after all.
    On evidence which you yourself have shown the resulting actions of this mechanic are something we’re not getting anywhere else, unavoidable damage unless using a specific class which results in not being able to beat a fight one shot regardless of skill or tactics points one in the direction of it not being tested.
    If it wasn’t tested then that means they may not have tested her under suicides. This is why I asked the question in the first place.
    Anyway off too bed as you suggested, been a riot.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Ugh, you guys are just brutal to try to talk to. Saying its' the same as OR and Blade is just wrong.

No it’s an aura just like OR, Blade and Void; it simply does not have a proximity component to it like the first two and operates similar to the third.
    Wrong. It can't be avoided so calling it an aura and the same as Blade and OR is wrong. Void has no place in this discussion, or Blade for that matter, as that reacts to something you place on yourself, not something they place on themselves.

Great job listing a few champs that react to those masteries in different ways then Elsa tho.
    Can’t argue with someone who denies reality. You are so barking up the wrong tree. Have a good day?

P.S. It’s an aura.

1. the distinctive atmosphere or quality that seems to surround and be generated by a person, thing, or place.
    WTF does a dictionary definition have to do with this game? That's like posting the definition of "Villain" in Corvus' spot light or "Dimensional Being" in Arkus' lol.

In the game that we're discussing here chief, an aura is something that can be avoided, OR, Meph, Blade and Carnage have an aura mechanic. Elas and Void do not have the same mechanic.

Being able to avoid it has nothing to do with something being defined as an aura. Yeah Aarkus has an Aura also and guess what his s3 does?

P.S. OR, Meph, Blade, and Carnage do have Auras with a limited range while Elsa’s Aura does not have a limitation.
    Where in the game does it ever make that claim? I have seen no where in the game where it states that an aura can always be avoided with range.

non sequitor again.

Lormif said:

Ugh, you guys are just brutal to try to talk to. Saying its' the same as OR and Blade is just wrong.

No it’s an aura just like OR, Blade and Void; it simply does not have a proximity component to it like the first two and operates similar to the third.
    Wrong. It can't be avoided so calling it an aura and the same as Blade and OR is wrong. Void has no place in this discussion, or Blade for that matter, as that reacts to something you place on yourself, not something they place on themselves.

Great job listing a few champs that react to those masteries in different ways then Elsa tho.
    Can’t argue with someone who denies reality. You are so barking up the wrong tree. Have a good day?

P.S. It’s an aura.

1. the distinctive atmosphere or quality that seems to surround and be generated by a person, thing, or place.
    WTF does a dictionary definition have to do with this game? That's like posting the definition of "Villain" in Corvus' spot light or "Dimensional Being" in Arkus' lol.

In the game that we're discussing here chief, an aura is something that can be avoided, OR, Meph, Blade and Carnage have an aura mechanic. Elas and Void do not have the same mechanic.

You made a statement using English words. You claimed it was not an aura. It is an aura. Claiming that OR's aura is the only thing that fits the definition of an aura just because it says "aura" does not make any sense. It is like the OP claiming double edge is not a bleed because elsa does not say "works with suicides">>

Elsa and void do not have the same mechanic, they are mostly the same, and they are auras, but they work inversely.
    This is like talking with a child.

Please tell me where in Void's description it says his Intimidating Presence is an aura. I'll wait. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/44998/champion-spotlight-void/p1
    Why does one have to point something like that out? All one has to do is point out that it fits the defintion. Again that is like claiming bloodstones spotlighht does not say it works with suicides therefore it should not work with double edge despite it being a bleed.

Lormif said:

P.S. It’s an aura.

Being able to avoid it has nothing to do with something being defined as an aura. Yeah Aarkus has an Aura also and guess what his s3 does?

P.S. OR, Meph, Blade, and Carnage do have Auras with a limited range while Elsa’s Aura does not have a limitation.
    Where in the game does it ever make that claim? I have seen no where in the game where it states that an aura can always be avoided with range.
    Aura of Incineration

When Aura of Incineration is active, Mephisto generates Power through his passive Power Gain, and for each stack nearby, opponents take 114.8 Incinerate Energy Damage per second.

Now show me where is shows an aura that isn't distanced based.
    Lormif said:

non sequitor again.
    Don’t use coat’s line, get your own

Yeah totally. Kabam is often wrong yet you're using a single comment made in one thread as proof that she's working as intended.
    There is a difference in claiming they are wrong, and claiming we are wrong by going off what they say.
    Take it from the person who wrote Elsa’s abilities.

When Elsa is affected by a Bleed Debuff, Non-Mutant Champions gain a Passive Degeneration.

It was further clarified by Kabam themselves. Challenging this is just silly (to put it politely) and consequently a waste of time. P

Lormif said:

non sequitor again.
    It is one I use often, and it is accurate. I am beinging to think you are just trolling.

Lormif said:

P.S. It’s an aura.

Aura of Incineration

When Aura of Incineration is active, Mephisto generates Power through his passive Power Gain, and for each stack nearby, opponents take 114.8 Incinerate Energy Damage per second.

Now show me where is shows an aura that isn't distanced based.
    You still have not showed me where it says an aura has to be limited in range, you just pointed to one that happens to be limited in range. When you point out a rule that it HAS to be limited in range then we will talk. After all that is what I asked for.

When Elsa is affected by a Bleed Debuff, Non-Mutant Champions gain a Passive Degeneration.

It was further clarified by Kabam themselves. Challenging this is just silly (to put it politely) and consequently a waste of time. P

So you're 100% sure she won't get changed?

So you're 100% sure she won't get changed?
    He never made that argument.. Why do you insist on fallacies? No one has made the argument that she will not be changed.
    edited October 2019
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

non sequitor again.
    It is one I use often, and it is accurate. I am beinging to think you are just trolling.
    Not trolling at all. You also misspelt it.
    Fact, they have been wrong before. You draw your conclusion form one thing I’m drawing it from another. You’re right I’m wrong though?
    Then what the hell are you arguing? No one denies that she's "working as intended" from her description. We're arguing that the interaction wasn't their actual intention and should be adjusted.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

non sequitor again.
    Not trolling at all. You also misspelt it.
    Fact, they have been wrong before. You draw your conclusion form one thing I’m drawing it form another. You’re right I’m wrong though?
    Except you did not argue they are wrong, you argued that they did not say it. Yes I am correct and you are incorrect because they did say it. Your premise was not that they could be wrong, you are just attempting to move the goal posts.

Then what the hell are you arguing? No one denies that she's "working as intended" from her description. We're arguing that the interaction wasn't their actual intention and should be adjusted.

Wait, where have you been do you have @Rougeknight87 on ignore? This entire thread has been about him arguing that she is NOT working as intended from her description because the ability does not literally mention suicides
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

Wait, where have you been do you have @Rougeknight87 on ignore? This entire thread has been about him arguing that she is NOT working as intended from her description because the ability does not literally mention suicides
    Yes, and a few of us have already agreed with your point that yes elsa's degen can be triggered by the bleed debuff from double edge, just that the degen damage can be tweaked abit or else the scaling if any should be fixed. There is no point arguing @Rougeknight87 over the wordings as that person is clearly in denial.

Lormif said:

Yes, and a few of us have already agreed with your point that yes elsa's degen can be triggered by the bleed debuff from double edge, just that the degen damage can be tweaked abit or else the scaling if any should be fixed. There is no point arguing @Rougeknight87 over the wordings as that person is clearly in denial.
    I agree with you there and have stopped my point is that @RagamugginGunner just claimed he didnt say that.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

Well based on this clearly we have the same opinion that that the degen being triggered by double edge bleed debuff is correct, but the damage scale is out of proportion.
    Lormif said:

This entire thread has been about you attempting to win a debate. You were wrong to begin with and you have now steered it on a completely different direction.
    Back to start - I asked if it was intended.
    Then I said if it was intended then it’s clearly an issue.
    You were attempting to discredit all of that. You’ve now changed your tune.
    What I’m saying now is you are stating something as fact but you are only working off text, you didn’t design nor do you have any contact with the design team. You have no idea whether they intended it or not, you are basing it on the spotlight.
    It obviously is interacting with the double edge mastery, I’m not sure where I said it wasn’t.
    She clearly is not working as intended in regards to the amount of degen she is putting out that is unavoidable. It’s unavoidable because as a user there nothing you can do about it unless you bring a mutant.
    All this leads one to believe it wasn’t tested which means they’d have no idea whether it was intended to react this way to the double edge mastery
    It’s unavoidable if you don’t avoid it with a mutant? 🧐

It’s unavoidable if you don’t avoid it with a mutant? 🧐

Precisely
This discussion has been closed.