**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Why is Mephisto so underrated?

0din0din Posts: 368 ★★
I’m contemplating ranking him up. His soul imprisonment seems like the real deal. What do you guys think?

Comments

• FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    He's a really good champion with The Champion and Ghost Rider synergy. He's not the best but a good champion nonetheless, I think he's R4 worthy, not R5.
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    3 DBs hit the LOL without any feedback. Any insight into this guys question? Jhc
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I wouldn’t
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Well, Mephisto has some great utility and has been my MVP in certain fights (Sunspot and Aarkus comes to mind).

He does have relatively low damage, the synergy with The Champion compensates that.

He shines in short fights, as you can shut-down buffs for free the majority of the fight. In longer fights you don't have enough souls to shut-down buffs all the time. I think if he could remove buffs with his SP3, he would be a more viable champion for such fights.
  • dano357dano357 Posts: 106
    0din said:

I’m thinking he’s really good against anihilus, medusa etc with soul imprisonment, incinerate and poison immune, regens and has power control.

Thinking of taking 6* to R2

Mephisto was my third 5/65. No regrets. Does all the things you mentioned above and more. If you run with Champion and Morningstar in AQ, he can be a workhorse that doesn't require potions.

No, the high end damage isn't there, but Mephisto solves a different set of problems.
  • HSenpaiHSenpai Posts: 92
    He can do really good dmg in longer fights as long as they aren’t incinerate immune. Use his s3 to active the perma incinerate then spam s2 very fast. Will do huge dmg with certain synergy too
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    If you want to regen, you are forced to play SP2s mainly, which I do not like.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    he has his matchups where he shines ,but u can not take him to AW tier 3/4 attack or Even AQ map 6, or u'd time out or have very bad matches in AW due to defense tactics n if u really really want to bring him then u need symbiote supreme n the champion ,so matchups where he shines like a star ,his synergy partner symbiote supreme is freakin sun there, he shreds those matchups much faster then mephisto can ever do.so yeh rankup for fun,favoritism,synergies (blade) but cant rank him up for AW/AQ offense ,those t5b would b wasted on him in my personal opinion but nonetheless ,ur resources ur choice
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Main problem is his damage output, which can be fixed with The Champion synergy. If you add in GR and Sym Supreme, he actually does fairly decent damage. Main problem is his soul imprisonment doesn’t last forever, which makes him slightly less viable for longer matchups, plus he’s gimped against incinerate immune. He’s great at what he does, but not too much else.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    He's not in my books. On my Top Team. No regrets.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    0din said:

I’m contemplating ranking him up. His soul imprisonment seems like the real deal. What do you guys think?

If you don't have sym supreme, doc voodoo, duped magik, gr, duped dorm, then sure. Soul imprisonment wears off and you don't want to waste a soul continuing it over banking those on your regen.
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    I took him to 5* R4 and duped purely for the sake of that regen Rogue in Variant 3, and he hits like a wet noodle. In comparison, my 6* Hood I find to be much more damage effective and nullifies/staggers a lot more against Hyp, Medusa etc. and is a much better option.

I don't think Mephisto is underrated at all, I think people know his abilities in certain situations but like someone else said, if you don't have the other 5 better Mystics then sure he's a good option.

And when it comes to those Mystic synergies to make his damage better, you might as well rank up those champs and use them instead.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    0din said:

i just ranked up my mephisto to r4, i have no frostbite or immune champ and now i do added bonus he is doesn't take incinerate damage but instead gains extra power
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    He's also great for those pesky fights that start with Regen. Used him this month for Guillie 2099, actually. Died out, and used him to stop the Regen with Soul Imprisonment.