**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kinda sad I wasted some units on 5* Thor

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
So I got him. One of my favorite mcoc champs of all (well before v12) and I realized again what a bad champ he is.

I even used an awakening gem against him hoping armor breaks would help. In the end, a normal 40 hit fight with Hyperion or Medusa took around 80 hits with original Thor. Guess I’ll leave him on the bench as a 5*

Comments

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    What sig is he he might not scale well
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Reminds me of the famous Eric cartman “you can’t come” business plan
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

So I got him. One of my favorite mcoc champs of all (well before v12) and I realized again what a bad champ he is.

I even used an awakening gem against him hoping armor breaks would help. In the end, a normal 40 hit fight with Hyperion or Medusa took around 80 hits with original Thor. Guess I’ll leave him on the bench as a 5*

They did this to 5* OG Vision too. Not surprised at all that his Sig scales badly. Bet SW will be the same. About the only way they can keep the older non 5* champs from being too OP as 5*'s.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★

They did this to 5* OG Vision too. Not surprised at all that his Sig scales badly. Bet SW will be the same. About the only way they can keep the older non 5* champs from being too OP as 5*'s.
    Ya. I'm not falling for that next time...No old champs...I bet 5* wolverine will blow and same with Scarlet Witch when they do this too.
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    webtswx said:

that's why we have to make balanced decision when going for overhyped OG champs. I dont see myself going for 5* thor when im not planning to take him to R4. and there's not that much of a difference between 5R3 and 4R5 Thor.

same with Doctor strange; we need to realize that they were severely nerfed. thor just pales in today's cosmic class. unless you are going for nostalgic reasons, it's certainly not worth it.

Agreed. Definitely much better options in the cosmic class in attack and or utility. Corvus, Hyperion, Medusa, Venom The Duck, and even probably Venom.

I have 2 cosmic gems in the stash and I had a split second moment of weakness myself before pulling back and not trying for him.
  • Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    OG Thor really benefits from high sig as it makes him hit stronger when stun and armor break is much better. Hyperion barely benefits from high sig. Increase OG thor sig and try him out again.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★

OG Thor really benefits from high sig as it makes him hit stronger when stun and armor break is much better. Hyperion barely benefits from high sig. Increase OG thor sig and try him out again.

Just don't. I think I've heard that his armor break is stronger than Medusa's, but that's only at Max sig. His sig scales very poorly. And in Limber or stun immune matchups, the guy has low utility *and* damage.

There are better places to put sig stones. More difficult nodes are becoming more common, and better champs have been released to compensate for that, *especially* in the cosmic class. I agree that Hypes doesn't need high sig though.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Sixshot1 said:

Just don't. I think I've heard that his armor break is stronger than Medusa's, but that's only at Max sig. His sig scales very poorly. And in Limber or stun immune matchups, the guy has low utility *and* damage.

There are better places to put sig stones. More difficult nodes are becoming more common, and better champs have been released to compensate for that, *especially* in the cosmic class. I agree that Hypes doesn't need high sig though.
    He isn’t affected by limber
  • Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    Medusa and Hyperion are better than OG Thor. He is worth putting sig stones just for the fun of it (especially if you have Medusa and Hyperion already). I already have a max sig 5 star doctor strange, i use him for fun only.
  • MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143
    https://youtu.be/jp-aUH2-wpQ

Lol. OG Thor is a monster at r5 and high sig.
  • https://youtu.be/jp-aUH2-wpQ

Where is this monster you revived a 6 month old thread to discuss? The video slows down to highlight a 40k SP2, at 5/65 that's like the Mike Wazowski of monsters.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    his sig scales best after sig 190!! which isnt good time.. i also pulled him n have cosmic awakening gem but no sig stones since i puled 2 more cosmic gems before this n awakened medusa and venom the duck, so i did a bit search on auntmai,n it turns out without sig stones og thor is useless,but somehow if u can get him to sig 200 (which i can never because my 2 yr old R5 medusa is barely reaching sig 151 & newly awakened VTD reached sig 22 in about 6 months) his double armour break reduce armour by frekin 8000+!!! which is nuts he gets like 20k sp1s, 60k Sp3s, n strong sp2s as well!! but looking at utility,damage n play style , cull obsidian is similar but with more utility like parry projectiles,evade n autoblock counter,XL size, n reachis similar damage to og thor sig 200 after 3-4 fights,also needs awakening but non sig 200.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    Hyperion and Medusa deal DoT debuffs. Thor does too but not as prolific as the former two. So i would expect it takes more hits.

Does he take that much longer to KO? I know he is a tier or two below Hype/Medusa but i wonder just how far he lags behind them
  • BK_AVENGERBK_AVENGER Posts: 59
    Thor is well worth it. Damage output is awesome. I took mine to r5 and use him for everything

I find that he gets kills just as quickly as corvus and is better than corvus for the heftier champ fights.

https://youtu.be/jp-aUH2-wpQ

Where is this monster you revived a 6 month old thread to discuss? The video slows down to highlight a 40k SP2, at 5/65 that's like the Mike Wazowski of monsters.
    So you don’t think he hits hard at r5/200? He requires no ramp and has access to major damage immediately by simply parrying twice. Does he have draw backs? Absolutely. Is he a utility champ? Definitely not. But he doesn’t need any synergies and he doesn’t need suicides either. He has a lot of value even now.

I made another vid with full suicides if you want to check that one out. It’s posted on YT as well, easy to find.

I resurrected this thread 🧵 because I love Thor and was super pumped not only because I pulled and duped him but because he’s actually really good maxed out.

Thor is well worth it. Damage output is awesome. I took mine to r5 and use him for everything

I feel the same way. He’s a total monster at r5/200 and he’s fun as hell to use. Doesn’t need any synergies, doesn’t need suicides, doesn’t require any ramp at all. Not fancy, just point and shoot. Really awesome champ.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    His sig scales horribly until about 140-160