**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hero Use Events

GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
6* champs get a big point advantage in arena but are equal to 4* champs for the hero Use Events. Why is that? @Kabam Miike

Comments

• BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    A reasonable question.
  • Arena, Hero Use, and Class Combat Events all have differing levels of how much more (or none) the higher Star players give vs some others. (Class Combat does reward more for 5/6 vs 4)

Same for Completion Events, one type awards points for ACT Quests too, the other doesn’t.

Just a little variety in how you go after events.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    Because it wasn’t designed for 6* but they added so you could use them. One of the easiest quests to complete. Don’t need to make it easier. Fine the way it is.
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★

@MorbidAngle To help you in the future with the English language I’m providing the definition of both a “question” and a “complaint”. I was asking a question.

ques·tion
    /ˈkwesCH(ə)n/
    noun
    1. a sentence worded or expressed so as to elicit information.

com·plaint
    /kəmˈplānt/
    noun
    1. a statement that a situation is unsatisfactory or unacceptable.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Everyone is competing in those Events. Not all Players have a vast 6* Roster, and some don't have any.
    I’m not on a high horse. I’m just trying to figure out why they arbitrarily assign the same points to different rarities. They’re used as gates in certain parts of the game but given the same point value in others. I would like to know why from the creators of the game, not the musings of a fellow player.
    @GroundedWisdom everyone is trying to complete act 6 as well. Not everyone has 6* rosters, some have none at all. What’s your point?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Guytennis said:

I’m not on a high horse. I’m just trying to figure out why they arbitrarily assign the same points to different rarities. They’re used as gates in certain parts of the game but given the same point value in others. I would like to know why from the creators of the game, not the musings of a fellow player.

It is not arbitrary. Here let me help you with your English

ar·bi·trar·y
    /ˈärbəˌtrerē/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

The event was not designed for that level champions as they stated, so they added it to the max it was designed for, 4*. That is not random choice or a personal whim, but based on reason.
    This is your own theory? I have not seen kabam explain this as such. @Lormif
    Guytennis said:

@GroundedWisdom everyone is trying to complete act 6 as well. Not everyone has 6* rosters, some have none at all. What’s your point?

Act 6 is a very specific piece of content for a very specific demographic playing. Solo Events include anyone eligible, and provide medial Resources. I mean, they add up, but they're not End-Game Resources. Giving more Points for 6*s would make it much more difficult for the general population to Rank than it already is.
    Should it not be consistent with Arena points? Seems arbitrary.
    Why would we be rewarded for rarities in one solo event but not the other?
    I just said. The Arena balances itself out because people are only running it when they're at a progression that allows it. Everyone is running Solo Events.
    @GroundedWisdom you’re definitely not understanding what I’m asking. Running arena already favors players with large 6 star rosters based in the increased points they receive in the arena. This is the solo arena event which yields points for a 7 hour period. Concurrently running is a solo hero use event. By using 6* champs in arena I’m at a big advantage in the actual arena and can do the the arena solo event much faster than if I only had 4*s, however, the hero use event does not increase the pints for rarities over 4*s. While it’s obvious the arena itself should increase points as stars go up, the solo events should either both be based on rarities or neither.
    I understand what you're saying. There's just a reason they yield the same.
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    I think OP asked a legitimate question even though I don’t really bother with the reason. I think Kabam is just slow to update certain aspects of the solo events, and likewise they will be slow or they won’t even bother to reply OP.

Don’t understand why there always be those naysayers who will jump to criticize. There are solo events (both 7H and 22H) that reward the ownership of 6*, heck even 5*. Just not this “special” solo hero use event. OP is asking what is the reason for this differentiation.
    Hero Use occurs whenever you use a Champ. It's different than Arena Wins.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Dont know how class specific quests have different points to each rarity but hero use doesnt. Top 10 questions science cant answer I guess.
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    edited October 2019
    Lol, what about level up event, class combat event? You can flip your logic the other way around, if let’s say arena event does not reward 5*/6* ownership, but hero use does. So you will just flip your answer and still go with the same logic?

Hero Use occurs whenever you use a Champ. It's different than Arena Wins.

• Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    To me this would be an appreciated change as honestly this event takes way too many matches to grind out milestones in here use. I can run a full arena cycle of grind out all my 5*/6* and r5 4* champs and not hit the milestones.

Also let’s be real unless you are doing some serious questing and blowing energy refills the majority of points you get here are also in arena.

Lastly in all seriously is anyone really grinding to try and get rank rewards in these events. The rewards aren’t super useful and haven’t been updated in years.

I don’t care either way but this seems like a very odd argument in general.
  • It’s a 22 hour event, not meant to just easily grab all rewards in a single arena session, if you are using up all your heroes for an arena round then most likely you are doing arena for lot more points and would be running multiple rounds a day there.

And yes, doing individual quests DOES help you get these as well, just explore rest of your 1 energy chapters during Hero Use instead of the 3 energy chapters.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    So let’s lay hero use out at current point threshold.

I need to get 275000 points at 1500 per fight. Now let say these are the normal at 1-2 minutes her fight(let’s say 90 secs and will include loading time to account for shorter fights). I think this is fair because loading time in arena and questing is a large amount of in game time.

So I need to execute 183.333 fights at a average of 90 seconds per fight invested.

183.333 fights*90s/60 s/m= 274.999minutes of fighting

Meaning I need to invest about 275 minutes of straight time in game fighting to hit this milestone.

So does 4.58 hours seem like a reasonable time investment for these rewards? I just be actively playing for 4.58 hours during the 22 hour window to hit this milestone. I will stand by the fact that hero use grind is absurd and takes too long.
  • (forgot to mention)...
    I actually just do these 22 hour Solo Events ONLY up to the 4th Milestone, in order to get those UNITS each time.
    The final 5th Milestone is pretty much worthless, so for those who feel it takes too much time then just stop after 4 (that's the only Milestone that really matters).

And for that matter, I used to do a lot more of the lesser Class Combat ones too, when the 10% Attack Boost was actually something worthwhile getting. But now they hand out FREE 15% Attack Boosts in easier Ally Events (same with lesser 15% Health vs 20% Health that are handed out now too). Also makes buying those Lesser versions from Loyalty Story pretty worthless now as well since you accumulate so many of the higher level ones basically for free in recently changed easy Ally Events.
  • PositivePositive Posts: 16

Guytennis said:

Also fair enough and I do apologize if I got snarky myself.
    Same. I was unnecessarily passive aggressive.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

Guytennis said:

Act 6 is a very specific piece of content for a very specific demographic playing. Solo Events include anyone eligible, and provide medial Resources. I mean, they add up, but they're not End-Game Resources. Giving more Points for 6*s would make it much more difficult for the general population to Rank than it already is.
    This comment makes zero sense. Making 6* worth the same amount of points as a 4* doesn’t increase the chances of a player with a lower roster to rank. If someone has 6*, they will already have way more 4* and 5* than players with only 4* anyway. Doing arena with 50 5* and 100 4* already eliminates the chance of a player with 20 4* from ranking high anyway.

Unless you mean to just hit 51-100% rank in which case your comment still makes no sense, because if 6* were worth 100,000 points per fight, it still wouldn’t make it any harder for the lower rated person to hit the same rank.

I think it’s a valid, objective question. I know everyone speculated why the points exist but I don’t know why everyone has to jump and attack when a person asks a simple question. If 5* and 6* were worth more points it would just make everyone’s lives easier. You wouldn’t have to do as many fights so I don’t know why people are so against the question.
    RoninMan said:

Guytennis said:

This comment makes zero sense. Making 6* worth the same amount of points as a 4* doesn’t increase the chances of a player with a lower roster to rank. If someone has 6*, they will already have way more 4* and 5* than players with only 4* anyway. Doing arena with 50 5* and 100 4* already eliminates the chance of a player with 20 4* from ranking high anyway.

Unless you mean to just hit 51-100% rank in which case your comment still makes no sense, because if 6* were worth 100,000 points per fight, it still wouldn’t make it any harder for the lower rated person to hit the same rank.

I think it’s a valid, objective question. I know everyone speculated why the points exist but I don’t know why everyone has to jump and attack when a person asks a simple question. If 5* and 6* were worth more points it would just make everyone’s lives easier. You wouldn’t have to do as many fights so I don’t know why people are so against the question.
    It means people who have 6*s don't surpass those who don't in a way they can't compete with.