**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

R5 mutant options. Decisions... Decisions

Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
For easier help: I have a 5:65 warlock and a 5/65 quake. My content focus is 100% 6.1

I have an iceman I can take to R5 , as well as an old man Logan post buff. So I’m wondering what you guys think:

Iceman to R5 ? (Just not very enjoyable to play)

Old man Logan to r5( doesn’t hold as much utility as iceman , but buff seems cool)

Wait for Emma frost or sunspot?

I’ll also note, domino and OR are not an option for me so it will be a “fun rank up” if you will.

Comments

• FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Wait for emma
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    Iceman for 6.1.5 Cross bones, by the time you do that and 100% act 6 OML will probably still be unbuffed and then you can use those resources to take him up if you still desire.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Woozie said:

Iceman for 6.1.5 Cross bones, by the time you do that and 100% act 6 OML will probably still be unbuffed and then you can use those resources to take him up if you still desire.

I have warlock cok for crossbones :)
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    Texas_11 said:

Woozie said:

I have warlock cok for crossbones :)
    True, I'd honestly just wait then, atleast until OML gets buffed.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,423 ★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

For easier help: I have a 5:65 warlock and a 5/65 quake. My content focus is 100% 6.1

I have an iceman I can take to R5 , as well as an old man Logan post buff. So I’m wondering what you guys think:

Old man Logan to r5( doesn’t hold as much utility as iceman , but buff seems cool)

I’ll also note, domino and OR are not an option for me so it will be a “fun rank up” if you will.

Sunspot does hella damage but can't take a hit at all. Not sure why you'd ever consider 5/65 em frost. My 5/65s are all about damage/d.o.t, definitely not utility, but to each their own. I have 5/65 domino, voodoo, and next will be cull (nerf or naw). My iceman/em frost/sunspot are staying at 3/45 for the foreseeable future.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Iceman is awesome.

Handles evade, can tank sp3, triple immune, bypasses safeguard.

Not the best in damage but his utility more than makes up for it.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    I don’t like Iceman damage but he is a must have on my team. He can counter a lot of nodes, a lot of annoying defenders and you should max him.

Texas_11 said:

Sunspot does hella damage but can't take a hit at all. Not sure why you'd ever consider 5/65 em frost. My 5/65s are all about damage/d.o.t, definitely not utility, but to each their own. I have 5/65 domino, voodoo, and next will be cull (nerf or naw). My iceman/em frost/sunspot are staying at 3/45 for the foreseeable future.
    Thanks for the response ? You think Emma is that bad as a 5/65. My play style is more on the diversity and quirky side of the game.

My damage dealer as 5:65 is a quake.

Old man Logan the bleeds look very very nice. And he has always been a favorite champ of mine.
    xNig said:

Iceman is awesome.

Appreciate the response,

My immunity I do have warlock who is triple immune . I think in the cold snap not incinerate.

Interesting you didn’t even mention Emma frost , or OML (post buff)

sounds like you are all about iceman .

edited October 2019
    Texas_11 said:

xNig said:

Iceman is awesome.

Appreciate the response,

My immunity I do have warlock who is triple immune . I think in the cold snap not incinerate.

Oh I have EF as a R5. Don’t really use her as much as I would like to. She’s good, with her diamond form immunities, heavy taunt, hard hitting sp2 etc. But compared to Iceman, I’d take Iceman up to R5 over her. Personally, after I R5ed Emma I kinda regretted it. 😂 I have a mutant AG sitting there as well and I’m 100% sure I’m not spending it on her.

OML looks decent post buff but, as you mentioned, you don’t need the immunities, of which he has (sort of) bleed. Besides that, he doesn’t look overly impressive. There’s just a hype around him cause he went from Meh to Decent after the buff, similar to the Rulk/LC buff some years back, and the recent SG/SH buff.

Only after the hype dies down, then the true value of the champ will show, if there’s any.

xNig said:

Texas_11 said:

xNig said:

Iceman is awesome.

Appreciate the response,

Oh I have EF as a R5. Don’t really use her as much as I would like to. She’s good, with her diamond form immunities, heavy taunt, hard hitting sp2 etc. But compared to Iceman, I’d take Iceman up to R5 over her. Personally, after I R5ed Emma I kinda regretted it. 😂 I have a mutant AG sitting there as well and I’m 100% sure I’m not spending it on her.

OML looks decent post buff but, as you mentioned, you don’t need the immunities, of which he has (sort of) bleed. Besides that, he doesn’t look overly impressive. There’s just a hype around him cause he went from Meh to Decent after the buff, similar to the Rulk/LC buff some years back, and the recent SG/SH buff.

Only after the hype dies down, then the true value of the champ will show, if there’s any.

😂😂, I love the honestly!! You must convinced me to scratch Emma frost from the running . Especially after so many people have confirmed , that Emma is nice to have, but.........

OML is hype , but I have always considered taking him to R5, but sounds like iceman is still
    Going to be the better option .

Thanks for that!
    0din said:

Emma is a goddess. I have her at R5 sig 200. Can’t imagine someone will rank iceman over her. Some reasons:
    1. Max damage cap at 5% so she can tank s3
    2. Bypass evade in telepath form
    3. She immune to everything in diamond form
    4. Immune to reverse controls with mysterio
    5. Her S2 does big damage in telepath form
    6. Power control in diamond form

Whatever iceman can do, so can she, and more.

1. She doesn’t cap max damage at 5%. It’s 15% before she activates diamond form to reduce the damage. This doesn’t necessarily mean she won’t get KOed.
    2. Provided you get to telepath form first. You start in diamond.
    3. True. The issue starts after you reach sp1 when you switch into telepath form. Unless you perpetually stay in diamond, during which damage is pretty meh.
    4. Just learn to play inverse controls. Lol
    5. Agree. Nothing to argue here.
    6. Who needs power control when you can tank sp3 20x in a fight? 😂

Anyway, Emma doesn’t need to be duped as an attacker. Glad I saved up my mutant AG. Pulled OR yesterday. 😬