**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

2% for a tier 5 class cat.

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
Wow only 100$

Are you asking us to quit?

Wow

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Wow only 100$

Wow

you dont have to buy the deal, it is expensive for people who want to get a jump. This is the rarest resource in the game, they are going to value it highly.

5000$

LoL

Lormif said:

Wow only 100$

Wow

you dont have to buy the deal, it is expensive for people who want to get a jump. This is the rarest resource in the game, they are going to value it highly.
    5k for what? it is also 5 crystals not one. Again, ultra rare and optional.
    edited October 2019

I trust you can do math. So best case scenario is 5,000.00 dollars for one cat.

Disregard as you want.

Lormif said:

5000$

LoL

Lormif said:

Wow only 100$

Wow

5,000.00 dollars. 5 thousand dollars. Yes 5 thousand dollars.

Are you kidding me 5,000 dollars.

How could you possibly justify 5,000.00 dollars for one cat best case scenario
    If you mean for a t5cc then you are off by several magnitudes, it would actually be 1k, on average.
    DalBot said:

did you know that you're not required to buy it? when you drive by a lambo dealership do you think "wow how stupid a 400k car"?

Terrible analogy. When I buy a $400K Lambo I can sleep well at night knowing that Lambo won't arbitrarily nerf my car in a few months with no justification
    justification is relative. They had justification in their mind.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,292 ★★★★
    They did not force you to purchase it.. price and value is dependent on supply and demand.. if you have the means and loaded. You could buy your way to ranking up your champions.. if your f2p, you can wait for unit deals, which you earn by grinding arena and arena crystals..
    I’m not a whale by any means but if there is little resource that would get me to where I want, I’d bite as long as it’s not $500usd, if it’s more than that, no way.
  • SettlersofCatanSettlersofCatan Posts: 94
    edited October 2019

The cost of catalysts for early adopters is very high. Very little shards for a lot of money.

Same thing happened when T5B offers were new. You can wait out several months of these deals and still be fine.

We’re not talking about innovation in commerce or quality of life, using this in a game is idiotic.
    We're talking about value. When a catalyst is introduced, early buyers get the worst shard-to-money ratios. As you move to the right on the curve, the economy changes, the catalyst becomes more common, and the value gets better. The analogy fits.

Right now players get a few crumbs of t5c for a very high price. Happened with t2a, happened with t5b, and will continue with t5c and beyond. Those who wait get much better value and won't be missing much if they pass in the beginning.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,722 ★★★
    Also worth mentioning, these crystals dont guarantee u get the class u want or need. U may very well get every class except mutant, of which u need.

I think they should have thrown in 10K T2A shards and let u choose which class T5CC u want
    doctorb said:

Also worth mentioning, these crystals dont guarantee u get the class u want or need. U may very well get every class except mutant, of which u need.

I think they should have thrown in 10K T2A shards and let u choose which class T5CC u want

letting you pick your class would probably require them lowering the amount you get, as they more than likely have an overall timeperiod and amount they want the player base to get in a certain amount of time.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

did you know that you're not required to buy it? when you drive by a lambo dealership do you think "wow how stupid a 400k car"?

Terrible analogy. When I buy a $400K Lambo I can sleep well at night knowing that Lambo won't arbitrarily nerf my car in a few months with no justification
    lmao wtf are you talking about

DalBot said:

lmao wtf are you talking about
    he is talking about them nerfing characters. It is a terrible analogy, because in one case you own the car, but you do not own the character.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Another math lesson in a fighting game forum.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

They could say the car’s top speed is too high and push an update to electronically limit it to a certain max speed. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    doctorb said:

I don't agree. They should offer the deals they offer and make them better when the market demands it because people don't buy it.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

I trust you can do math. So best case scenario is 5,000.00 dollars for one cat.

Disregard as you want.

Lormif said:

5000$

LoL

Lormif said:

Wow only 100$

Wow

5,000.00 dollars. 5 thousand dollars. Yes 5 thousand dollars.

Are you kidding me 5,000 dollars.

How could you possibly justify 5,000.00 dollars for one cat best case scenario
    Your maths is off, 5x2% is 10%, best case scenario would be 10x10% so 1000
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    If you finish UC/master/heroics....etc EQs every month, you may aware that system prompt “limited offer” after you 100% the quest yet the values fluctuate significantly. Some offer 2750 5* shards for 3000 units whilst some offer 1500 5* shards for 1000 units. This kind of system prompt is just like those online marketing “hocking” tactics. You don’t justify the values doesn’t mean everyone reject it. Similarly, those daily offer is just a test of equilibrium price and thus mis-pricing happens periodically (and I think it’s intentional). As some players said, you are not forced to buy it. For me, I just skip it ASAP.