**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Six Star Gambit

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
I made a post earlier this week asking about what uses Gambit has since I just pulled him as a six star and after playing him for a while in Map 5 AQ, I can tell you. He has insane damage. With just 5 of his prowess buffs, I was able to get 25-30k damage off his special two when I didn’t even have the class advantage. He’s so much fun to play too, I’m seriously considering bringing him up to r2

Comments

• Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Can you make some videos or Screenshots of him?
    And why is this in Bugs and known issues?
  • Options
    @XxLoganTDCxX This is in bugs and known issues because I'm an idiot and put in the wrong category, my bad. Could on of the mods move it for me please? I'll post some screenshots of him once AQ is finished up, he's still locked in.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    25-30k isn’t that much tbh, I find him fairly fun to play but overall a pretty average champ, imo r2 would be a huge waste of resources, but it’s bit my account so it’s up to you
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Thi101 said:

I really don’t like Gambit

And 25~30k is not comparatively that high... my maxed 4* Ghost does that pretty easily
    I bet a duped 4 or 5* Storm does it as well
    Not to mention maybe a Scarlet witch too, and Namor, Aegon and Starlord... Proxima Midnight...

I don’t think those numbers are that high for a 6* actually, are they?

If gambit could gain the 10 charges quicker, he’d be better, but his gaining mechanic is just terrible.
    I hope I don’t see a 6* Gambit anytime soon... my 5* Gambit spread is already to high ._.

25/30k is pretty low for a champ who’s themed around ramping up special damage, for comparison with a similar champ a special 2 with nebula and 5 shocks and good crit rng is around 40k for me, and her shock charges at emuch easier to get than gambits prowess and don’t rely on throwing a heavy, a fully ramped nebula s2 is around 100k, and she’s not close to the hardest hitter
  • Options
    RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    There’s nothing I like seeing more than an unorthodox rank up of an underdog, but I would suggest waiting until he’s duped at least to up his special damage output. But that’s just one man’s opinion.
  • Options
    PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    Hes pretty fun.
  • Options
    @RoninMan I'd love to get him duped before I take him up, but it's just so unlikely that I won't wait. When I do finally dupe him, he'll already be at r2.
  • Options
    UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★
    People get to caught up on who the best Champs are nowadays if you really enjoy using him I say go ahead and rank him up
  • Options
    UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★
    Because at the end of the day this game is always about having fun
  • Options
    @UnFazedSkull That's the exact way I see it, I already have two out of the top three champs at r2, so I'm gonna start ranking up champs that I have fun with, like Gambit.
  • Options
    PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★

I made a post earlier this week asking about what uses Gambit has since I just pulled him as a six star and after playing him for a while in Map 5 AQ, I can tell you. He has insane damage. With just 5 of his prowess buffs, I was able to get 25-30k damage off his special two when I didn’t even have the class advantage. He’s so much fun to play too, I’m seriously considering bringing him up to r2

I'd personally wouldn't recommend R2 gambit. R1 Cap IW does 50k-60k sp2 and a 6* ghost would probably top that
  • Options
    @Psychoakuma I already have a r2 Ghost and a r2 Corvus Glaive though
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Since you like playing him, and already have some insane 6*s at R2, I say go for it! Rank 2 Gambit!
  • Options
    PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★

@Psychoakuma I already have a r2 Ghost and a r2 Corvus Glaive though

That’s awesome !