**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Your First 6* R2 or 5/65?

RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
Now that 6* R2 seem to be more common, I’m curious to see who people’s first choices were. If you don’t have a 6* R2, what was your first 5* R5? Did you regret your choice?

I’ve been in a dilemma for at least a week now on whether to rank another 6* or a 5* to R5. Just looking for some different ideas and decisions by others. Bonus points for unorthodox rank ups.

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    6 r2 Ghulk
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

6 r2 Ghulk

Nice. Is he duped?
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    RoninMan said:

6 r2 Ghulk

Nice. Is he duped?
    nah not atm, but ghulk doesn't need to be duped to be awesome
  • abqberabqber Posts: 230 ★★
    Magik was my first 5* and also she was my first r5
    I've r5d my blade
    Now working on taking my 6* ghost to r2
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Venom was my first and only 5/65 because of a variant 4->5 gem (I don't really rank up 5 stars to r5, only if I don't have any six stars that are good).
    Ghost was my first r2 and Corvus was my 2nd, Gambit is soon to be my 3rd
  • crgoodw1ncrgoodw1n Posts: 125
    5/65 Ghost. Even unduped she still proves to me over and over that she was the right call.
  • UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★
    Quake and plan on taking up venom next
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    crgoodw1n said:

5/65 Ghost. Even unduped she still proves to me over and over that she was the right call.

Is she better duped or unduped?
  • LaVarBBBLaVarBBB Posts: 81
    First 5/65 was Domino, helped me out heaps with variant 2. Amazing champ with no regrets
    edited October 2019

I've heard from an alliance mate that Quake doesn't need r5 as her damage output only goes up a total of 3.5k more per aftershock on max charges.

I don't have a 5* quake myself so wouldn't know.
    Corvus here.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    I r2 a 6 star before any R5 5 stars. Angela was the r2 back when the pool was limited (still happy). Today I decided to R5 Morningstar. Only two champs at R5 or R2.
  • TortoigTortoig Posts: 31
    Killmonger
    Saiyan said:

I r2 a 6 star before any R5 5 stars. Angela was the r2 back when the pool was limited (still happy). Today I decided to R5 Morningstar. Only two champs at R5 or R2.

Interesting. You use her often? She’s one of the best Havok slayers right now so it wasn’t a bad choice.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Blade was my first r5, followed by Void, Hyperion, Sparky, Symbiote Supreme, and Venom.

There are few 6* champs I would r2 at the moment. They would need to be strong enough to justify the extra expense and either be immediately useful without awakening or need only low sig and just happened to be awakened by lucky pull. At the moment, I don't have a 6* I would put in that category.
  • UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★

I've heard from an alliance mate that Quake doesn't need r5 as her damage output only goes up a total of 3.5k more per aftershock on max charges.

I don't have a 5* quake myself so wouldn't know.
    Yeah but she has better sustainability at r5 so if I mess up I can take a few hits. She is the only reason why I beat 6.2 champion boss.
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 731 ★★★
    Medusa was my first r5 which helped me explore act 5 and get Cavalier, then I did Sentinel to r2 to help clear the Variants for more upgrade materials
  • RonD9RonD9 Posts: 232
    I have 2 that you need as high sig as my 5/65. Cap IW & OR (both 200 sig). Love them. I also have Hype at 5/65 since you can’t get him as a 6*. No real fit for a R2 based on the current roster, but for my 5 stars I think I made great choices.
    DNA3000 said:

Blade was my first r5, followed by Void, Hyperion, Sparky, Symbiote Supreme, and Venom.

There are few 6* champs I would r2 at the moment. They would need to be strong enough to justify the extra expense and either be immediately useful without awakening or need only low sig and just happened to be awakened by lucky pull. At the moment, I don't have a 6* I would put in that category.

That’s the question isn’t it? Which champs are worth the expense? Which 6* would you R2 barring Corvus, Ghost, or Domino?
    Repto23 said:

Medusa was my first r5 which helped me explore act 5 and get Cavalier, then I did Sentinel to r2 to help clear the Variants for more upgrade materials

You regret R5 Medusa at all? Is she still a good offensive option?
  • KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★
    Hype was my first max 5*. 7 in total now and he’s still my go to for most content. For as much of a beast as people know him to be I still think he’s largely underrated.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    My first R5 was quake. Literally was the best choice I ever made. Used her for all of Variant 2 and 3 to 100% hardly used my 4/55 ghost.

As far as 6*R2 , the resources are too scarce to use it on any champ other than domino maybe Corvus

Mainly because kabam is pushing for a more diverse roster and you could get 2 R5 for that price almost.

I don’t think 6* R2 are quite the future.

• Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 322 ★★
    My duped caiw. Man hes so good. Only have him at sig 104 (cant pull anymore science stones for the life of me lol) but oh man he is basically the reason I was able to get my cav.
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    RoninMan said:

Repto23 said:

You regret R5 Medusa at all? Is she still a good offensive option?
    I R5'd and Sig 200 mine and i've got 7 R5/65 or 6* R2's now. Still absolutely a great questing option, that autoblock saves my bacon a lot, plus she hits very hard regardless of being a robot and game over if so. If you have not already 100% Variant 1 and Act 6.1 then I would strongly recommend it as that was my main reasoning for using and ranking her.
  • Katzastrophe_Od1nKatzastrophe_Od1n Posts: 223 ★★
    My first r5 was medusa, followed by gwenpool ghost capiw and some more. Recently pulled 6 star wasp from 5 standard cavaliers and thinking of r2ing her. Such a fun character and got the nice synergy with ghost
  • I'm in the same dilemma. I don't have too many 6* but I have Emma and Human Torch. None awakened. I've been debating of r2ing one of em. If I decide against it, i think I'm going to go maybe a little in an unorthodox wake and r5 an unawakened stealth spidey. Even unawakened, he has some of the best power control or evade/unstoppable control in the game.
    By the end of the month, I should have enough tier 5 basic cats for either direction I choose
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 731 ★★★
    @RoninMan I dont regret Medusa at all I use her for everything. Amazing damage once you get those furies and armor shatter, usually get a 10k crit with mediums. Her l2 destroys with a great stun if you cant armor break and as @Woozie said her auto block saves me all the time with evade champs or if you get clipped dodging a special.