**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you think Crossbones is an underrated champ?

ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
Crossbones shines in pre-12.0 contest, Seaton used him in Act 5 exploration, many players used him in RttL.

Crossbones is deemed a electro killer, shut down accuracy / regen, he becomes a killer after 5 furies..... he was one of the top skill champs before.

With subsequent release of Blade, Aegon, Nick, Korg, Ronin.....etc, there is less and less attention on Crossbones and I doubt whether he qualify as one of top 5 skill champs.

What do you think about him? Is he still good (or above average) in the current state of the contest?

Comments

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

He’s above average but there are much better champs, he’s definitely not top 5 skill, I’d almost always take in a nick fury or another top tier skill over crossbones, though his ability to never crit is now becoming extremely valuable with champs like sinister who punish crits

Agreed. Crossbones is deemed something not good enough to get excited over but not bad enough to forego without regret, especially you only have 5 choices per a path fight and many times I’m not convinced to put him into the team. However I also feel it’s a waste if just use him in arena. Tough decision.
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    As a constant user of xbones, his Taskmaster synergy is becoming a must for me. If you want fast KOs you can stack up to 11-12 furies with that synergy. My guy is R4 and I love using him
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    He is not underrated. He is occasionally useful champ but not the best choices for most contents.
    GOTG said:

He is not underrated. He is occasionally useful champ but not the best choices for most contents.

Occasionally useful. Good description of this champ.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    I mean I like him for sure but he’s defiantly niche in regards to where he shines. With how hard it is to gather the resources to rank up champs it’s just hard to justify taking someone like x bones to 5/65 over others as the goal for everyone should be to complete as much content as they can with the least amount of effort.
    Personally really like him but he’s a max 4/55 for mine, wouldn’t really say he’s underrated, more that he gets forgotten a little with all the new shiny champs we get every month. He’s one of many in that regard
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Crossbones is pretty underrated

Do you think he can still shines in current game context, other than just dealing with Electro and Mr Sinister?
  • DeadmaddyDeadmaddy Posts: 123
    Have him at r4...he rekts modok korg thing and can do almost every fight in-game. I'd love to r5 mine if he had better block prof
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Reference said:

Do you think he can still shines in current game context, other than just dealing with Electro and Mr Sinister?
    He's useful for dealing with evade champs, and modok if u dont have any better options
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    Reference said:

He takes out any evade, auto-block, rock stack, damage back, etc champs. Ive taken out Thing, Korg, Invisible Woman, KM, etc using CB. Most of the time, he's the best or even only champ that can deal with them.

He also took out Elsa Bloodstone easily in EQ uncollected
    I like this champ personally and I used him substantially (both 4 a and 5*) before yet the issue is every time you can only pick 5 into your team, and other champs can do similar or better job.

Modok: AA is here and more powerful than CB as path cleaner
    Thing: standard push him SP1 after 15 rock stacks and he can be killed easily
    Korg: CB is good but Hyperion is even better
    IW: Same as Korg
    KM: Unless AI is overly defensive, he is pretty easy without node buff
    Elsa: AA kills her in 10 hits in UC EQ

I’m not against you guys, just like my original post said. Is there any convincing reason why CB can still be chosen under the current game context?
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    He is a demigod, which means he is a luxury champion.
  • Clarkkent76Clarkkent76 Posts: 282
    With a high Sig, he's one of the few options for Sinister in 6.2.2 that doesn't need a synergy to be effective.

With a high Sig, he's one of the few options for Sinister in 6.2.2 that doesn't need a synergy to be effective.

I thought heimdall is more important than anyone.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Not top tier but isn’t a slouch either.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    He isn't underrated. Nobody says he is worse than he is (definition of underrate)
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    He is avg now, with very little prestige and therefore arena fodder. He is okay in very specific situations where critical hits can hurt you. He need a revamp just like many champs that have no use outside of arena.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    Reference said:

I like this champ personally and I used him substantially (both 4 a and 5*) before yet the issue is every time you can only pick 5 into your team, and other champs can do similar or better job.

I’m not against you guys, just like my original post said. Is there any convincing reason why CB can still be chosen under the current game context?

Modok: AA needs to be both awakened and land heavies. Also have to deal with auto block until you land neuros

Thing: CB with enough furies wont lend Thing rockstacks + some incinerate. Most rockstacks ive given Thing with CB was around 8.

Korg: Still has to deal with damage-back vs awakened Korg. You could just use light combos and sp1 spam OR you could just circumvent that with CB

IW: CB completely bypasses her stupid shield + prevents her from turning invisible. None of her abilities trigger

KM: Sure but that's not the argument. The argument is how effective CB is compared to other champs

Elsa: Took her out with AA as well. Found CB to be more reliable due to not having to worry about the basic attack cycle + landing neuros

CB makes a lot of fights substantially easier. The question is whether or not he is *usually the best champ to bring against these defenders and imo yes. For Thing and KM, sure theyre "easy" to you, but they go down even easier with CB. Also, the only champs that seem to compete in these weird scenarios are AA (personally dont agree with Hyperion). So theres, at most, 2 champs you'll take over CB? With AA being a riskier choice due to his ability reduction coming from neurotoxins?

Reference said:

Modok: AA needs to be both awakened and land heavies. Also have to deal with auto block until you land neuros

Thing: CB with enough furies wont lend Thing rockstacks + some incinerate. Most rockstacks ive given Thing with CB was around 8.

Korg: Still has to deal with damage-back vs awakened Korg. You could just use light combos and sp1 spam OR you could just circumvent that with CB

IW: CB completely bypasses her stupid shield + prevents her from turning invisible. None of her abilities trigger

KM: Sure but that's not the argument. The argument is how effective CB is compared to other champs

Elsa: Took her out with AA as well. Found CB to be more reliable due to not having to worry about the basic attack cycle + landing neuros

CB makes a lot of fights substantially easier. The question is whether or not he is *usually the best champ to bring against these defenders and imo yes. For Thing and KM, sure theyre "easy" to you, but they go down even easier with CB. Also, the only champs that seem to compete in these weird scenarios are AA (personally dont agree with Hyperion). So theres, at most, 2 champs you'll take over CB? With AA being a riskier choice due to his ability reduction coming from neurotoxins?
    Insightful. If there is a path with all the defenders you mentioned, I guess I would also pick crossbones, yet it’s rare unfortunately.

Dun get me wrong, I’m not trying to ignore a champ which I ranked 5*r4. I used CB substantially before. I cite AA and Hype as an example mainly becoz of their versatility. e.g. if I can ko KM easily with whatever champs, then the niche of CB becomes insignificant, but it doesn’t mean I deny his capability, esp when dealing with those evading champs. Whilst in many occasions you count on the capability of particular champ to save you (like danger sense of blade). When you pick a champ into your team, you have to consider synergy as well as versatility on particular path. And that’s why we seldom see those youtubers picking CB as one of the team members nowadays, or at least in recent months EQ. Whilst other skilled champs like Nick, Aegon, Korg, Blade and even GP are always being used.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    He's not overrated or underrated....he's just..........rated.
    Reference said:

Reference said:

Insightful. If there is a path with all the defenders you mentioned, I guess I would also pick crossbones, yet it’s rare unfortunately.

Dun get me wrong, I’m not trying to ignore a champ which I ranked 5*r4. I used CB substantially before. I cite AA and Hype as an example mainly becoz of their versatility. e.g. if I can ko KM easily with whatever champs, then the niche of CB becomes insignificant, but it doesn’t mean I deny his capability, esp when dealing with those evading champs. Whilst in many occasions you count on the capability of particular champ to save you (like danger sense of blade). When you pick a champ into your team, you have to consider synergy as well as versatility on particular path. And that’s why we seldom see those youtubers picking CB as one of the team members nowadays, or at least in recent months EQ. Whilst other skilled champs like Nick, Aegon, Korg, Blade and even GP are always being used.
    Hence my remark that he is a luxury champion. If you have the necessary skill to complete content with less optimal champions like CB and/or you have rank-up resources to spare, he can be a good pick.

My 5* CB sits at rank 2, simply because the competition is killing. I don't have the luxury to spend resources on him if I'm not absolutely certain I'll use him daily.
    DNA3000 said:

CB makes a lot of fights substantially easier.

I think Crossbones highlights something we don't often talk about when talking about the value of champions. When we say that a champ is "occasionally useful" we could mean one of two completely different things. We could mean the champ is very useful in some situations, and not so much in others. Loki, for example, is very useful against champs that leverage a lot of buffs. Otherwise, not so much. But we could also mean the champ is useful in a wide range of situations, but there are often a lot of better options. You could say that about Elektra, or Angela. There's nothing bad about those champs, and if that's what you have they can be used in most fights. They have good damage and good utility. But for any given fight there are enough alternatives that the odds are decent that many players will have a better option.

I think Crossbones is one of those latter kinds of champs. I don't consider him the best option for most fights. But I think if you're a player that doesn't have a large roster and you pull him, he can be game changing just as much as pulling Symbiote Supreme or Ghost would be for a high progression player, because Crossbones can suddenly be the answer to a very wide range of combat situations. Not only does he work for a wide range of fights, he then frees up a lot of team slots for players to put other more situational champs into play that can amplify their worth.

I think comparing champs to other champs makes sense for high progression players with large rosters. Your level up choices and your team composition choices tend to be based on what exists and what you might pull eventually, and not exclusively on what you have now. But for lower progression players, the value of a champ is more in what it can do right now, not in what might supercede it later. For those players, I think Crossbones is a very high value champ.

To add to that, @DNA3000, the effect of path dependency cannot be overrated.

If CB is your first 5*, it isn't a bad idea to invest in him. At that moment in your game progression, he will be one of your best champions.

However, if you pull him later, chances are you have pulled some god tier or better champions. Would you really still spend resources on an average champion when you have superior alternatives?

The answer is no. My CB was my 6th 5* (I think), but my first was Medusa. It isn't surprising I picked her above him, also because the current meta valued armor break highly (Emma Frost back then for instant).

I really would like to pull a 5* Angela, but she wouldn't get higher than rank 2 right now.

Taskmaster is really fun but his AAR is broken and Kabam seems intent not to fix it. I bet they’re gunna make a new one for the MCU and forget the old.

I don’t have Taskmaster above 4* but I know some players use him to pair with crossbones, so as to allows CB entering overrun resets the duration of all active fury buffs. And I also think that kabam may release MCU Taskmaster when Black Widow movie is on screen.

So what’s your view on CB?
  • I like his overrun. It's what makes him good in my opinion