**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is it worth opening a 6* crystal???

Is it really worth opening a 6* Crystal after all of our efforts that we put to open a 6* for champions like Karnak,king groot,etc???
What is the point of putting efforts when kabam includes underrated champions and champions who are not even buffed ???
People who got those champions should wait for months or years to get them buffed then play the game???Is it worth opening a 6*!?

Is it worth opening a 6* crystal??? 158 votes

YES
77%
Vdh2008RagamugginGunnerdanielmathBigbowlrLeNoirFaineantMr_Platypushumzah217Timone147SeatinSaiyanLongshot57Riise81RazorDevilDrenlinJadedChovneradqqedfyvrMrLalowsmy168Psychoakuma 122 votes
NO!
22%
BigPoppaCBONEWolverDominatorVceezuffyFallencircuspayebuduJwallace25cAncAmOBpn88855Darkrider05Jonibärchen_fr3do_Master3418secondwindShroud1969MoosetiptronicTroy_Elric123AleorAmaadAkiraBatman1903 36 votes

Comments

• killmeASAPkillmeASAP Posts: 8
    NO!
    I opened my crystal and I got Karnak :).
    And excatly I am talking about the struggle we put for a 6* and ended up being a underrated champ.
    You are also explaining the struggle saying that only few places we get 6* shards...then why to include champions who are not even useful in-game.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    YES

And excatly I am talking about the struggle we put for a 6* and ended up being a underrated champ.
    You are also explaining the struggle saying that only few places we get 6* shards...then why to include champions who are not even useful in-game.

My first 6* was Karnak. My second was Storm. It took about 5-6 6* but I eventually got Ghost. It gets better.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    What else are you going to do with it? Gathering crystals and acquiring new champions is partly what makes this game so addictive to begin with
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

The only option where u need to struggle is “purchase”, either with money or units. For other options as I said, they are all pretty routine gameplay content.

Without purchase, I get enough 6* at around 2.5 months (faster these few months due to summoner appreciation). The pace is not too bad F2P. Even though the pull result may not meet your expectation, you just hold up your purchase and then you won’t be that depressed when getting something bad.
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    YES
    Uh. What?
    If you have enough shards you open it even if its trash. Cuz your not gonna just have a crystal sitting there. It's not like the trash champs will magically disappear. This poll is kinda dumb
    Also... if you are at a point of obtaining 6*'s, then prestige is a factor. 6*'s give good prestige
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    YES
    I've opened 14 6* crystals. I have 11 trash champs and a double duped Angela that I use here and there but have no interest in taking to rank 2. But IDK what else I'm going to do with a 6* crystal other than open it. 105 shards until my next disappointment lol.
  • RCunhaRCunha Posts: 375 ★★
    YES
    Do your daily content, don't push yourself towards obtaining more shards, and you will get a free 6*, good or bad it will have its uses and still hit harder than most 5*, I have 3 a meh Punisher 2099, a good Psylocke, and a GOD Cap IW. Good luck to your opening..
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    YES
    There are also good/decent champs in the reel eg Ghost, Domino, Aegon, Annihilus, Human Torch, Cap IW, Cap Marvel, Corvus Glaive, Cull Obsidian, Darkhawk, Emma Frost, Guillotine, Hawkeye, Hulk Rag, Iron Man IW, Killmonger, Korg, Luke Cage, Masacre, Morningstar, Mr. Sinister, Nebula, Nick Fury (everyone wants him), Night Thrasher, Omega Red, Proxima, Red Hulk, Ronin, Sabretooth, Sentinel, Thing, Venom The Duck, Void, Wasp, Winter Soldier and Havoc.

Enough good champs now?

Have a change of mind now?
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    NO!
    Hey Kabam I have 3 6stars and are all low class useless people. Mind buffing them in a year or 3?
  • WolverDominatorWolverDominator Posts: 132
    edited October 2019
    NO!

I opened 12; none worth r2; makes me wanna quit
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    YES
    Getting trash champs is not a reason not to open crystals.
    Heck, if I stopped opening 4 and 5* crystals at every trash pull, I’d still be trying to beat act 4.

Trash pulls happen and it’s part of the goddamn game. If you don’t open those crystals what are you going to do? Sit on the fragments?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    A 6* is roughly equivialant at r1 to that of a r4 5*. That makes even kanark, even hulkbuster, at a 6* useful if you are in a position to worry about the accumulation of 6*s because even they will help you.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    RoninMan said:

My first 6* was Karnak. My second was Storm. It took about 5-6 6* but I eventually got Ghost. It gets better.
    My roster disagrees...

Lormif said:

A 6* is roughly equivialant at r1 to that of a r4 5*. That makes even kanark, even hulkbuster, at a 6* useful if you are in a position to worry about the accumulation of 6*s because even they will help you.

The only help my 6* champs give me is bench warming...
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

At that many 6*s you should not really all that concerned concerned too much about the accumulation of the shards, you are getting them at a pretty decent clip to the point you will get what you need, and a rank 1 6* is probably not going to be a game changer like the people with 1 or 2.
    Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

At that many 6*s you should not really all that concerned concerned too much about the accumulation of the shards, you are getting them at a pretty decent clip to the point you will get what you need, and a rank 1 6* is probably not going to be a game changer like the people with 1 or 2.
    I mean yeah, you’re right, it just sucks to have this many 6* champs and never use any of them. Only thing I used them for were gated paths in 6.2
  • YES
    With that logic then opening any crystal isn't worth it. Let's all as a community stop opening crystals and just let them collect dust.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    YES
    If your answer is no to opening a crystals you earned or have then why are you playing this game. You grind for shards to open crystals. The contents may be good or may not be good. At its core this game is a progression based rng looter style game. All loot based games have good loot and bad loot that you risk when opening the chase item to get the loot.

The right question is around whether the loot pool is balance leaving you excited to open a 6* crystals. For me that answer is no because I always leave my opening feeling like it has done nothing to help my roster.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    YES

Just pop them open. Eventually you’ll amass a 6* roster with many good and many bad champs just like a 5* roster or 4* roster. It’s only painful right now because the amount of 6* crystals you can open.

Two years ago I pulled 5* rhino, three times, three months in a row. Back when we were getting a 5* a month on average. It’s no different now with 6*.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    YES

Reference said:

Your poll question is a bit illogical. When you got enough 6* shards, open it! Would you hold up opening becoz it is not worth in your mind?

There are only few places where you can get 6*: EQ, Arena, calendar, duped 5* and purchase. Except for the last one, most are pretty routine gameplay.

I guess you are asking whether it is worthwhile to struggle for 6* shards.

It's just yet another whiny post from someone entitled that thinks they deserve more.

5*s used to take just as long and the early 5*s were even worse than the current 6*s. Get over it and move on until the next one. Get disappointed again, then do it all over. Or just quit playing or at least quit posting as save us all having to read another pointless whiny thread like this
    Another whiny comment from someone that has a huge 6 star roster from his large wallet. Get over it and move on, you dont need to comment on every whiny post. Get disappointed and ignore it or just quite the forum and save us all from having to read another whiny comment from you that is frankly becoming quite old and pointless.
  • Shroud1969Shroud1969 Posts: 76
    edited October 2019
    NO!
    It's all RNG...which unfortunately is the love/hate I have with the game. Feels great when you pull an awesome champ, but lows are so...low.

To answer @killmeASAP - I'm in a pickle on this very question. My first 5* were awesome(ish). Winter Soldier, Sentinel, Killmonger (made my WS go from meh to bam!). That's my AQ team right there.

Fourth pull was Drax - turns out he's not too bad as a bleeder. Wasn't sad.

My last 4 have been horrid: Beast, Karnak, Blue Cyclops, and Rhino. That's depressing man. I legit shed a tear on Rhino.

My new strategy is going to be to save shards and pull 3-5 at once. That's been my strategy with 5* and it's worked pretty well - I get at least one champ that helps me in some way.

All I can do is look at the three good ones I do have and realize that it's going to take only like 21 T2a, 21 T4c, 21 T4b, and 9 T5b to rank them up. I've got plenty of R5 5* so I guess there's no rush.

I will say this - the day they introduce player controlled 7* - I quit...
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Reference said:

Your poll question is a bit illogical. When you got enough 6* shards, open it! Would you hold up opening becoz it is not worth in your mind?

There are only few places where you can get 6*: EQ, Arena, calendar, duped 5* and purchase. Except for the last one, most are pretty routine gameplay.

I guess you are asking whether it is worthwhile to struggle for 6* shards.

It's just yet another whiny post from someone entitled that thinks they deserve more.

5*s used to take just as long and the early 5*s were even worse than the current 6*s. Get over it and move on until the next one. Get disappointed again, then do it all over. Or just quit playing or at least quit posting as save us all having to read another pointless whiny thread like this
    Another whiny comment from someone that has a huge 6 star roster from his large wallet. Get over it and move on, you dont need to comment on every whiny post. Get disappointed and ignore it or just quite the forum and save us all from having to read another whiny comment from you that is frankly becoming quite old and pointless.
    If you lot are gonna throw your toys out the pram everytime you get a bad pull you should probably just play another game. Games like this are structured that you spend one of two things to progress, time or money. If you dont want to spend one, deal with spending the other. If you don't want to spend either, find another game.

The constant melodrama over crystal pulls is just ridiculous though.
  • GiganteaGigantea Posts: 111
    YES
    Just press Open Crystals, no need to spin. The systems already set you a Champ at the time you open it.