**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Elsa and suicides masteries - similar to old time issue

I know that there were a discussion that went of rails, so let’s keep it civilized.

I’ll take you all couple years ago when Cable was introduced into the game. He had bug when you had suicides on degen were applied immediately at the beginning on the fight. This bug was confirmed by kabam and fixed.

Nowadays we have Elsa which have similar behavior, but in much more aggressive damage.

I would like to know if it’s an issue or it was intended to behave like this.

I would like to ask again to keep this thread civilized and please allow kabam guys to respond.

Thank you

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    It is intended for the time being. At least that's what it was stated on her spotlight
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    arni2 said:

I know that there were a discussion that went of rails, so let’s keep it civilized.

I’ll take you all couple years ago when Cable was introduced into the game. He had bug when you had suicides on degen were applied immediately at the beginning on the fight. This bug was confirmed by kabam and fixed.

Nowadays we have Elsa which have similar behavior, but in much more aggressive damage.

I would like to know if it’s an issue or it was intended to behave like this.

I would like to ask again to keep this thread civilized and please allow kabam guys to respond.

Thank you

That was not a bug, it was listed in his sheet. They changed it because it was not particularly fair, but it also scaled 400% of attack, it was much much worse. Elsa's scales at about 25% of attack. If they want to change obviously it is their right to do so, but this is intended as far as her character sheet goes.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Elsa has proper counter to this in the form of mutants, when that was released with cable it had basically no answers since champs like ghost weren’t around to shrug it off
    I will also point out kabam had a way out in the cable spotlight, because it stated "when caused to bleed", so they could say self bleeding is not intended. Elsa does not have that, she says "when affected by a bleed debuff"

And that is the wording that they used to change it

"Nope! I had to be absolutely sure on this before answering, so I apologize for the delay. It is when he is CAUSED to bleed by the opponent. That means that Bleed Nodes or Double Edge do not make him automagically place a Degen."
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    edited October 2019
    Lormif said:

That was not a bug, it was listed in his sheet. They changed it because it was not particularly fair, but it also scaled 400% of attack, it was much much worse. Elsa's scales at about 25% of attack. If they want to change obviously it is their right to do so, but this is intended as far as her character sheet goes.

It's scales about 25%, but when she has bleed mastery, she will degen opponent till death. We had a guy in war ticked like 1300HP per second till he died. It doesn't seem like a fair play at all, but it's for another discussion.

As for cable, no matter how you put it, it was a bug and well done to Kabam that they fixed it ;)
    arni2 said:

Lormif said:

It's scales about 25%, but when she has bleed mastery, she will degen opponent till death. We had a guy in war ticked like 1300HP per second till he died. It doesn't seem like a fair play at all, but it's for another discussion.

As for cable, no matter how you put it, it was a bug and well done to Kabam that they fixed it ;)
    I corrected myself on cable, I was incorrect. His spotlight says "when caused" which gives them a strong way out. His also had no counters at the time.

Also may I ask if you are in the LOZ alliance?
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    Nope, not in LOZ alliance.
    arni2 said:

Nope, not in LOZ alliance.

thanks, just wondering, we faught them, and one of their guys ran into my elsa, he had a mutant with him, but it did take out his CAIW.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 539 ★★★
    The difference to cable is... Cables affected anything except robots! Which back then was only a select couple...

Elsas is completely ignored by everyone in the mutant class, and I'm certain gulk, duped corvus and others can also counter it if needed!

¦¬Ş c ø r р¬¦
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Regardless if their intention, she has to be changed.

She does not HAVE to, you just want her to. There are ways to prevent this damage, there was not ways to prevent cables.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

She does not HAVE to, you just want her to. There are ways to prevent this damage, there was not ways to prevent cables.
    For cable it was basically ultron and that was about it, Elsa has an entire class and a few others like you’re saying, she’s fine imo
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    The degen is outright deadly at higher tiers if not accounted for however if you’re playing at that level without the plethora of popular counters (Domino, OR, Emma, Havok, Namor, Sunspot, Iceman, AA and soon OML/Colossus) and cannot adjust for her that’s not a design flaw.
    A l p h a said:

The difference to cable is... Cables affected anything except robots! Which back then was only a select couple...

Elsas is completely ignored by everyone in the mutant class, and I'm certain gulk, duped corvus and others can also counter it if needed!

¦¬Ş c ø r р¬¦

Gulk will actually take more damage than most champs as she’ll have a class attack boost and the degen is also a heal block. Given the number or times I’ve seen him listed as a counter I’m looking forward to laughing at the threads resulting from people trying this. Other than Ghost w/Hood and Corvus (who’s going to be at 1 HP) I haven’t been able to come up with another counter to it. I guess you could use the indestructible from CM or LC to counter some of the damage.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Balance-wise, it seems very unfair that Ella's degeneration scales with nodes and boosts, when Korg and Domino don't.

It's interesting that she has the same counter as Nick Fury. With top releases like Sunspot/Namor, and buffs to Colossus/OML, it's looking like the year of the mutant. Mutant Wars, anyone?