**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Version 13.1 Discussion Thread

Comments

• 13_Dub13_Dub Posts: 28
    13_Dub wrote: »
    So if I'm tryin for the Dorm 5* on 6/1 and the sub feature doesn't start til 6/8. What champs will be in the Dorm crystal? Should I wait til after the sub feature is added?

They already said the sub featured won't be in the form crystal.

Thanks! So no sub feature but will have the newly added basics in there tho right?
  • Morgan wrote: »
    Definitely a bs update. Got a few decent needed fixes but there are so many needed that this won't make a dent at all. Where the iceman fix? Parry? Disappointed as usual.

No way am I sticking around for another month hoping they'll FINALLY do the right thing. No freaking way. This was the ABSOLUTE last time that I was going to give them one more chance. They needed to fix a WHOLE LOT MORE to show that they are really trying to fix the game. This is all they did for an entire month?? Not good enough!

It's crystal clear that they will continue to string the community along for as long as the player base will allow them to. Well not me. I'm DONE being strung along.

Sorry Oracle cause im gonna make an example out of you.

This guy and i have started being aroun the old forums at the same time. While i was a lil too overcriticizing, he was the guy who would jump on the topic, express his opinion, and be joking around happily being positive towards Kabam and how they would handle things.

To see you, bud, this deluded and disappointed, i think you're the perfect STRAIGht proof of what all the last month's messes did to a LARGE, MAJOR part of the community.

This is how we look at you guys, guess it's reality check time.

I think kabams reality check is about to bounce..
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I am not sure regardless of the fixes or potential compensation that I continue. We are just about to clear map 5 day 5. I am pretty certain it's my last
  • I'm glad you guys are fixing these bugs!

Any word about compensation for the month of frustrating gameplay?
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    @BuzzLightyear Mike said yesterday that there will be NO rank down tickets.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    Pretty telling that mods have ignored the AI evade-attack-bug question that has been asked by myself and at least 4 others. My thread in the bug section was closed after a mod said there was a fix for this in the upcoming update..... yet no mention of this bug being fixed here and questions about it are ignored.

A little honesty and communication would go a long way.

And hey, maybe don't close threads about bugs until they're actually fixed?
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    @BuzzLightyear Mike said yesterday that there will be NO rank down tickets.

Yes, I noticed that, but X-Face Cyclops wasn't working as intended then. This forced a lot of players, including myself, to derank our X-Face's. I deranked my r4 5* X-Face to bring up a r4 5* Magneto. Now, X-Face Cyclops is getting fixed and will be given a new ability? Where's the fairness in that to those who deranked a broken champ, to have him get fixed and improved after the fact? That alone is a red flag in itself, and should call for a few more rank down tickets. Or even class related rank down tickets.

I'm not in disagreement... In fact, I would love to see some tix for this. I am just reporting that Mike made that comment close to or after the patch notes dropped, so I don't see them doing it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    They can't fix every issue known to us in one Update. They do what they can, and continue working on them.
  • BurntbaconBurntbacon Posts: 73
    Still no word on parry, DS or the evade bug.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike is the v13.1 patch/update going to come around normal time, mid-day USA -- separate from the evening maintenance?
  • HP1976HP1976 Posts: 3
    They can't fix every issue known to us in one Update. They do what they can, and continue working on them.

That's where the problem lies. The 12.0 update created all these issues in that one update. So why can't Kabam fix all the problems they created by the next update? They had a couple months or so since the 12.0 to do it. Why is it quicker for them to create more bugs than it is to fix these bugs and make the gaming community and loyal customers happy. Where is the customer service?
  • Tiarib_PTTiarib_PT Posts: 28
    gj Kabam!! Im so happy with all your great job that ill probably spend more time at the beach than worried about finishing map 5 or wining a war. Did i say probably? :smile:
    Summer is coming and you are gonna lose a lot of players the way you run this game. Some of mine have already gone and they arent even missing it.
    This is only getting more and more frustrating and that´s the beginning of the end.
    Where are those days where i felt pleasure playing this game? Gone. Its just an addiction now.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    HP1976 wrote: »

That's where the problem lies. The 12.0 update created all these issues in that one update. So why can't Kabam fix all the problems they created by the next update? They had a couple months or so since the 12.0 to do it. Why is it quicker for them to create more bugs than it is to fix these bugs and make the gaming community and loyal customers happy. Where is the customer service?

Well, 12.0 was an entirely new system. There were components that led to issues, and ones that didn't. That was something they had control over. They also took responsibility, and made changes to it, but a total roll back was not the direction they went. Nor did that happen overnight either.
    The best course of action is to continue to resolve issues server-side, and in a Build if necessary. At this point we're into 13.1. We're going forward from that. There is so much integrated into the Build now that it's not even logical to roll back.
    It's not simply a matter of applying a fix. First you have to replicate it, then identify the problem, devise a solution, test as best you can, and then decide how to apply it. That all depends on factors like the device, what area is affected, how many are seeing this, etc. That can take longer to figure out in some cases. Yes. Even months.
    Then there is the work that goes into creating a Build on two platforms, which can't really be released for every bug that gets resolved as it gets resolved. It takes resources and time that have a Patch ready for download on those platforms. So, the best you can do is to fit as many into each Build as possible, since you also have contractual obligations for content (movies, licenses, etc), and continue to work on the problems that aren't resolved yet. That's what they do. If it can't be fixed immediately or server-side, it goes into a Build. These issues are a bit more complex than people realize sometimes.
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    edited May 2017
    SlySly wrote: »
    - Parry
    - Evade/insta attack bug
    - Daily loyalty capped at only 1000
    - Mordo 5 hit
    - Hyperions insane power gain
    - Special 2 bias nodes not working because enemies pop SP1 (Spidey)
    - AQ (Does it even need explaining)
    - Multihit special not connecting due to AI recovery (Gwen, Morales)
    - 5* UC
    - AI blocking after 4 hit combos
    - AI sliding half the map on specials if you are within 1 dash range of them, otherwise behaving normally (BW, Cage, DS, Rhino, Symbiods, Guillo)
    - Quake charging heavy and not evading the first one always
    - DS
    - AI insane stance switch and recovery time
    - Both Marvels hitting only blocking targets in SP2 if you dont cancel combo on 4
    - Yondu 3* version only 1 synergy, rest no synergy with SL as was advertised
    - Hawkeye's pretty sad bleed
    - Rogue not properly preventing enemies to get buffs
    - Rogue not getting anything from power gain
    - Rogue SP2 miserable power drain
    - NC insane evade rate when not in swash
    - Cap and WW2 not stunning enough
    - Iron Fist with pillows on his hands
    - Archangel, Mordo, Rogue short dash back
    - Rogue slow recovery after ending combos with an M
    - Mordo evade bug after 5hit combo
    - Pure skill not usable over rank 3 except on high armor champs
    - Magik limbo based of nodes
    - Assasin mastery doesn't always kick in
    - Ultron evading while stunned

You don't even realize how much more work you have. Let's hope you don't create extra with this update.

@Kabam Miike Since you're active explain to me what it is you guys are working on from this list and do you have an ETA on any of these fixes. Here's your chance to be transparent like you and Adora claimed you want to be on the old forums. I want to know where to invest my resources. Thanks!
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    12.0 and the direction they attempted to take this game was an utter failure and they appear not capable of putting humpty back together again
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    Mod posted a little while ago, but continues to ignore the Evade-attack question.

Others are asking about it, making separate posts in the bug section (see links below). Those threads were closed by a mod, but why not just answer if this is being fixed with the 13.1 update???????

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/1822/the-getting-hit-while-enemy-evade-bug-still-present-closed

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/1498/evade-combo-bug-closed

Kabam Wolf said:
    "We have a lot of fixes coming in the new update, and most of them specifically address movement/combat issues, as well as issues with evading and attacking. This specific issue with AI evading and attacking will hopefully be resolved after the release. "

"Hopefully be resolved"? Was anything tested? And again.... why isn't this bug fix listed in this thread?

edited May 2017
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Mod posted a little while ago, but continues to ignore the Evade-attack question.

Others are asking about it, making separate posts in the bug section (see links below). Those threads were closed by a mod, but why not just answer if this is being fixed with the 13.1 update???????

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/1822/the-getting-hit-while-enemy-evade-bug-still-present-closed

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/1498/evade-combo-bug-closed

Kabam Wolf said:
    "We have a lot of fixes coming in the new update, and most of them specifically address movement/combat issues, as well as issues with evading and attacking. This specific issue with AI evading and attacking will hopefully be resolved after the release. "

"Hopefully be resolved"? Was anything tested? And again.... why isn't this bug fix listed in this thread?

Kabam Wolf does nothing but copy paste the same response to every thread, I would not take anythint he/she says seriously. Literally the same responae to every post, you can go over and look. Just take seriously what Mike/Adora/Spice say.
  • Fly81Fly81 Posts: 5
    So where is update? Usually at this time is out , but not today
  • AlphashotAlphashot Posts: 29
    What time precisely is the update coming?
    Alphashot wrote: »

In 11h
    SlySly wrote: »
    Alphashot wrote: »

In 11h

Can you not answer if you don't know, please?
  • Any rough idea on when update will come out?
  • UnsactionedUnsactioned Posts: 2
    So are you going to compensate us for all of the alliance pots and revives we had to use because of your bugs?