**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Best Havok Counter

SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
edited October 2019 in Strategy and Tips
So I was talking to an alliance mate recently about Taskmaster as he himself has a Sig 140 5/65 TM for some advice on the champ.

Turns out I learned that TM is the best Havok counter in the game. Why a class disadvantaged character with no armor you ask? Because of TM's ability to go Debuff immune at 10 debuffs. That means the charges STOP 100% and never go above 9 on your champ. Meaning it doesn't self detonate at all.

Now you may still go "well he still has class disadvantage so I'm sure he'll take forever to kill Havok in AW". Uhh no. TM's gains about 32% damage on specials PER debuff on himself and enemies. So 9 charges from Havok gives him about 288% damage on specials which does add to bleed damage multipliers if you do a SP1 or SP3. Also that 288% does NOT count any other debuff in the fight. If Havok is parried AND if you have TM's Concussions (The main passive concussion from his sig counts at 5 debuffs so another 160% damage).

My alliance mate showed me a video with his TM vs a 5/56 Havok and it wasn't even a fight. It was like you're fighting WS in ROL (with slightly more annoying specials to evade).

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Vulture is the best counter or warlock 🤷‍♂️. TM sounds boring period 😂
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Jaded said:

Vulture is the best counter or warlock 🤷‍♂️. TM sounds boring period 😂

Well to be fair, not everyone will like every champ. He however is an amazing and underrated champ that people overlook due to being a skill heavy champ.

Not sure how a champ that requires skill and staying focused is boring tho. A "boring" champ would be more like Starlord. He's a great champ but very simple to play with a simple playstyle and concept which is fine.
  • LaVarBBBLaVarBBB Posts: 81
    Angela is an easy, perfect counter for Havok. She has armour up permanently under one bar of power, so you can just throw off specials if the plasma charges get too high.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Hands down warlock is best, cause he can also counter mr sinister.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    I argue duped Doc Ock is the best. He's constantly draining/stealing Havok's power, causing all the plasma to disappear, and Havok's got passive power gain, so you get him in the corner and spam heavies into oblivion. Piece of cake. He almost never gets to a SP1.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I still think warlock is the best
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    Glad I came across this while doing 6.2
  • DoonxDoonx Posts: 182
    Cyclops
  • NightMonkeyNightMonkey Posts: 95 ★★
    Saiyan said:

So I was talking to an alliance mate recently about Taskmaster as he himself has a Sig 140 5/65 TM for some advice on the champ.

Turns out I learned that TM is the best Havok counter in the game. Why a class disadvantaged character with no armor you ask? Because of TM's ability to go Debuff immune at 10 debuffs. That means the charges STOP 100% and never go above 9 on your champ. Meaning it doesn't self detonate at all.

Now you may still go "well he still has class disadvantage so I'm sure he'll take forever to kill Havok in AW". Uhh no. TM's gains about 32% damage on specials PER debuff on himself and enemies. So 9 charges from Havok gives him about 288% damage on specials which does add to bleed damage multipliers if you do a SP1 or SP3. Also that 288% does NOT count any other debuff in the fight. If Havok is parried AND if you have TM's Concussions (The main passive concussion from his sig counts at 5 debuffs so another 160% damage).

My alliance mate showed me a video with his TM vs a 5/56 Havok and it wasn't even a fight. It was like you're fighting WS in ROL (with slightly more annoying specials to evade).

Honestly, I don't get these people's attitudes; I genuinely can feel your passion while you were writing this and there's no need to be harsh; it does sounds like a fantastic matchup and quite uknown discovery over the more common counters, so thanks for sharing.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    I get it guys, there are other options that may even be better than TM. I myself have a R2 6* Angela and she cuts through Havok like butter so I domt really need TM however he is an interesting champ that about 90% of players overlook due to being not easy to master or even use. One other point I forgot to make is not everyone has every champ like say Warlock, I would like to have him but I don't. TM has been in the game much longer so theres a chance many players have him (he needs to be awakened).

Someone above said he was niech. Is he really? It's not like he's a champ who's good only sometimes like say Arch Angel who when he's good, he's really damn good.

TM is actually good in about 80% of stuff I'm this game and especially in AW as he can disable so many things and his damage is quite good.

One other thing is many of the champs listed need to change their playstyle, Angela and Doc Ock for example need to focus on Armor (idk about Warlock) while TM keeps his playstyle the same for Havok with no issues. He also gains more and more perfect block as the fight goes meaning baiting heavies from Havok is very easy.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★

Hands down warlock is best, cause he can also counter mr sinister.

What does countering Mr sinister have to do with best havok counter?