**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rhulk Incinerate immune at 10 charge?

Comments

• Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★

Marri_2 said:

It’s easier to understand when you express the values as fractions, which is what percentages are.

Champions with these abilities do 100/100 regardless of star level. Meph with +40% is doing 140/100 damage and each heat charge for RH reduces x/100 per charge.

Against a +40% incin RH needs to match 140/100 to reduce all damage. The earliest he achieves this (as a 5*) is at sig 100 with 10 heat charges; at sig 200 it is 7 charges.

*Under extreme conditions, 100% Fire resistant materials in the real world will burn, just like Red Hulk will burn under the extreme conditions of +40% incinerate damage when he only resists 100%. 100% water resistant watches do not exist, not even waterproof watches exist they are subject to the atmospheric force exerted upon them like RH with 100% fire resistance facing a +40% Mephisto.

Agreed, but a 2* with +40% is not as extreme as a 6* without that node. See my issue with this?
    Sorry I do not. A two star still does 140/100 incinerate damage just like a 6*. If you want to overcome that you need to match that, bring a champ who is immune to incinerate damage, or play around the incinerate.
    I would be OK with this if a 2* Rulk would take damage from a 2* Mephisto and a 5* wouldn't. The 5* is the Superior product. Similarly I'd be OK with this if a 2* Rulk could never take 0 damage against a 6*.

The whole 140/100 thing is nice and it explains what is happening in the game, but it makes no sense.

Say a 2* does 10 incinerate damage. +40% that makes 14. Rulk, regardless of star level, takes 4 damage.

A 6* does 400 incinerate damage. No node. Rulk takes no damage. Even though this number is far higher than the modified 2*. It is, you could say, a much more extreme circumstance.

There is no resistant material in the world that works this way. Below the threshold, it holds. The threshhold is an absolute number.
    By the way, there is a real life answer, it just hasn't been mentioned yet. Requires some explanation of the node. Let's see who comes up with it.
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    (6damage+40%increased incinerate damage=8.4 of total 140%)-(100% of 6 damage=6resist) = 2.4 damage taken after resist.

And no hulk cant take damage from neither 2* or 6* if he has 100% resist and there are no node that increases his incinerate damage. (400damage) - (400resistance) = 0 damage done. That damage can be 100million but if he has 100% resistance to that 100million it does not do damage.

U need to understand that that damage number is each time different thats why its represented by percentage.

In real world scenario fire blanked has lower tolerance to heat that is represented by 100% than a fire suit thats aswell is represented by 100%. both of them can resist 100% their own heat represented number. So if u increase heat potency for both items higher than 100% that they can handle they both will melt. So u see number does not mean anything when u increase heat potency percentage even in real life
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    If they wanted Rulk to be immune to incinerate damage they would have given that immunity to him, they gave him resistance instead. Really we should be thankful that it isn’t capped or subject to flat values and there are ways for RH to fully resist incin damage in the first place.

1) Game.
    2) 100% fire resistant material burns.
    nOux said:

(6damage+40%increased incinerate damage=8.4 of total 140%)-(100% of 6 damage=6resist) = 2.4 damage taken after resist.

And no hulk cant take damage from neither 2* or 6* if he has 100% resist and there are no node that increases his incinerate damage. (400damage) - (400resistance) = 0 damage done. That damage can be 100million but if he has 100% resistance to that 100million it does not do damage.

U need to understand that that damage number is each time different thats why its represented by percentage.

In real world scenario fire blanked has lower tolerance to heat that is represented by 100% than a fire suit thats aswell is represented by 100%. both of them can resist 100% their own heat represented number. So if u increase heat potency for both items higher than 100% that they can handle they both will melt. So u see number does not mean anything when u increase heat potency percentage even in real life

Except that both items, the fire suit and the blanket, have a value at which they do start to incinerate next to the 100%, which differs for these items. Rulk has no such value in his description.

If they wanted Rulk to be immune to incinerate damage they would have given that immunity to him, they gave him resistance instead. Really we should be thankful that it isn’t capped or subject to flat values and there are ways for RH to fully resist incin damage in the first place.

1) Game.

1. I don't know the answer so I'll shout game and everything goes
    2. We have established that already. The problem is that there is a temperature point at which it burns and there is no such indicator here for Red Hulk.
    Its represented not by number but by percentage.
    Its simple math i dont know whats so hard to understand that. 400degrees = 100%. And 100% of hulk resistance is equal to damage done to him by incinerate
    If hulk resistance would be represented by number than it would not be 100%. If u do hulk 100damage that means his resistance is 100 damage, if u do 500damage its 500 resistance etc
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Marri_2 said:

1) Game.

1. I don't know the answer so I'll shout game and everything goes
    2. We have established that already. The problem is that there is a temperature point at which it burns and there is no such indicator here for Red Hulk.
    I’ve given you the answer. It’s a game, it operates under it’s defined rules; in this case 100/100. I am only responsible for what I say not for what you understand (you’ve passed the point of being reasonable).

Keep shouting about fire resistant material (that actually burns) and has no relevance to 100/100 while thinking it has weight here; I will continue to read it, for it is insanely comical. Toodles.
    nOux said:

Its simple math i dont know whats so hard to understand that. 400degrees = 100%. And 100% of hulk resistance is equal to damage done to him by incinerate

Finally, we are getting somewhere.

If potency refers to the temperature of Mephisto's flames and not just the amount of damage, which has been used as an argument so far, and if we assume that the temperature of hellfire is the same regardless of * rating, then we are talking. The node increases the temperature at which it burns, and therefore passes the 100% resistance on Rulk because that temperature is a constant throughout the game.

You could then argue that the bigger damage from higher ranked Mephistos doesn't come from higher temperature but from higher heat release.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Marri_2 said:

nOux said:

If potency refers to the temperature of Mephisto's flames and not just the amount of damage, which has been used as an argument so far, and if we assume that the temperature of hellfire is the same regardless of * rating, then we are talking. The node increases the temperature at which it burns, and therefore passes the 100% resistance on Rulk because that temperature is a constant throughout the game.

You could then argue that the bigger damage from higher ranked Mephistos doesn't come from higher temperature but from higher heat release.
    If that is what it takes for you to understand the very basic math of the game, then whatever floats your boat, but at this point it is really just you willfully wanting to be obtuse.
    Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

nOux said:

If that is what it takes for you to understand the very basic math of the game, then whatever floats your boat, but at this point it is really just you willfully wanting to be obtuse.
    Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

nOux said:

It wasn't about math, it was about physics. But if anything with numbers is math, sure.
    Marri_2 said:

Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

nOux said:

Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

nOux said:

It wasn't about math, it was about physics. But if anything with numbers is math, sure.
    It has to do with adding and subtracting percentages, which is math. It has absolutely nothing to do with physics, other then the silly abstraction you decided to accept as the only way you can see it. Again, willingly obtuse.
    edited October 2019
    Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

nOux said:

Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

nOux said:

It has to do with adding and subtracting percentages, which is math. It has absolutely nothing to do with physics, other then the silly abstraction you decided to accept as the only way you can see it. Again, willingly obtuse.
    No, it was about what is behind those numbers. Thought experiment. I never debated any of the suggested math solutions. The issue was that none of the suggested solutions made sense with regard to resistance to something. Numbers don't tell a story, they require interpretation to be meaningful.

Math serves the other sciences, not the other way around.
    Marri_2 said:

Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

nOux said:

Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

nOux said:

No, it was about what is behind those numbers. Thought experiment. I never debated any of the suggested math solutions. The issue was that none of the suggested solutions made sense with regard to resistance to something. Numbers don't tell a story, they require interpretation to be meaningful.
    never made sense to you because you are stuck on a word that can have multiple meanings and a very basic understanding of percentages. You think 100% resistant is immune, which it is not.

Also numbers do tell a story, it is literally the language of science, when you know how to read numbers you can see what has happened to our solar system, where planets have come from, where they have gone. Every language requires interpretation to meaningful, even English, it is just probably your primary language so you do it innately at this point. Stop taking things for granted, and think outside of your base understanding.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★
    Just dont take 100% as everything in scenarios where math goes beyond that ... This discussion is becoming unnecessarily difficult
    Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

nOux said:

Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

nOux said:

never made sense to you because you are stuck on a word that can have multiple meanings and a very basic understanding of percentages. You think 100% resistant is immune, which it is not.

Also numbers do tell a story, it is literally the language of science, when you know how to read numbers you can see what has happened to our solar system, where planets have come from, where they have gone. Every language requires interpretation to meaningful, even English, it is just probably your primary language so you do it innately at this point. Stop taking things for granted, and think outside of your base understanding.
    I have a pretty good understanding of %. Again, I wasn't debating the math, n fact, I agree with most of the math arguments. All I said was that 100% resistant means no damage up to the threshhold where it does start taking damage, which should show that I understand full well that immune and resistant are not the same (immune has no threshhold)

That threshhold was never established. Until the point of temperature came up.

What I meant with physics vs math is that physics tries to explain while math merely describes. I was looking for a physics answer, not a math answer. Maybe that's where we misunderstood each other. Maybe what you had already assumed was logical, temperature increase for example, simply had not entered my thoughts yet. I don't know. I just know that an answer that says "140/100" describes what is happening, not how it is happening.

Marri_2 said:

Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

nOux said:

Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

nOux said:

I have a pretty good understanding of %. Again, I wasn't debating the math, n fact, I agree with most of the math arguments. All I said was that 100% resistant means no damage up to the threshhold where it does start taking damage, which should show that I understand full well that immune and resistant are not the same (immune has no threshhold)

What I meant with physics vs math is that physics tries to explain while math merely describes. I was looking for a physics answer, not a math answer. Maybe that's where we misunderstood each other. Maybe what you had already assumed was logical, temperature increase for example, simply had not entered my thoughts yet. I don't know. I just know that an answer that says "140/100" describes what is happening, not how it is happening.

Again it doesn't. It means 100% at a certain level of x. You will not see many if any devices say it is 100% resistant to something when it means immunity unless it is for a foreign company with ESL. Resistant is generally only used to talk about it not taking anything up to a point, like the watch example, where it is water resistant to a certain number of meters. You will not see immunologists talk about immunity and resistances in interchangeable ways, because resistances can be overcome.
    edited October 2019
    Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

nOux said:

Lormif said:

Marri_2 said:

nOux said:

Again it doesn't. It means 100% at a certain level of x. You will not see many if any devices say it is 100% resistant to something when it means immunity unless it is for a foreign company with ESL. Resistant is generally only used to talk about it not taking anything up to a point, like the watch example, where it is water resistant to a certain number of meters. You will not see immunologists talk about immunity and resistances in interchangeable ways, because resistances can be overcome.
    Yes, we already discussed this and I totally agree. My question was how it is possible that more of the same could damage Rulk if it doesn't go beyond the resistance threshhold. Watch example: As long as you stay at 50 meters, it doesn't matter how long you are in the water or how big the lake is. It still won't be damaged.

In other words, why does Mephisto overcome Rulk. The answer is that the temperature of the flames must have been affected by the node to take it past its resistance point. And then it probably also affects the heat spread, because the aura also does 40% more damage.

If we compare Rulk to a fire resistant wall panel that delays a fire, that is taking damage slowly, very little at first, more so the longer it is exposed, before it bursts into flame, or it melts, or smoulders or whatever, that would mean Rulk could never take 0 damage. It would be very very low, maybe 1 per tic, and increase the longer you stay in close proximity to heat. That's not the case either.

I get that devs didn't even consider this. Just slapped on 40% and it works.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    nOux said:

H3t3r said:

He should be immune to all the damage once rulk is over 100% as 140%-100% does not equal 40% it equald 0%

You are doing your math wrong. Red Hulk can resist 100% fire damage and Mephisto can do 140% fire damage, and now lets say that that 100% = 100dmg so 140% = 140dmg.
    100dmg resist - 140dmg = 40dmg. Its called resistance penetration when Damage is higher than it can be resisted.
    There is a difference between resistance and negate.

Ah i see ok thanks for clearing that up
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

it is still multiplicative, remember multiplication is just mass addition.

You have that backwards ... as you said, multiplication is just mass addition, therefore it's all additive.
    :pensive:
    but this is just playing semantics and completely missing the point .. ;)
    dot_ditto said:

Lormif said:

it is still multiplicative, remember multiplication is just mass addition.

You have that backwards ... as you said, multiplication is just mass addition, therefore it's all additive.
    :pensive:
    but this is just playing semantics and completely missing the point .. ;)
    itis both, addative and multiplicative is what I am saying, which is it
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,345 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019

Marri_2 said:

It’s easier to understand when you express the values as fractions, which is what percentages are.

Champions with these abilities do 100/100 regardless of star level. Meph with +40% is doing 140/100 damage and each heat charge for RH reduces x/100 per charge.

Against a +40% incin RH needs to match 140/100 to reduce all damage. The earliest he achieves this (as a 5*) is at sig 100 with 10 heat charges; at sig 200 it is 7 charges.

*Under extreme conditions, 100% Fire resistant materials in the real world will burn, just like Red Hulk will burn under the extreme conditions of +40% incinerate damage when he only resists 100%. 100% water resistant watches do not exist, not even waterproof watches exist they are subject to the atmospheric force exerted upon them like RH with 100% fire resistance facing a +40% Mephisto.

Agreed, but a 2* with +40% is not as extreme as a 6* without that node. See my issue with this?
    Sorry I do not. A two star still does 140/100 incinerate damage just like a 6*. If you want to overcome that you need to match that, bring a champ who is immune to incinerate damage, or play around the incinerate.
    @Marri_2 is trying to make the valid point that a 100% Resistant Rulk will take Incinerate damage from a 2* Mephisto on Enhanced Incinerate; but won't take Incinerate damage from a 6* Mephisto who doesn't have the boost from a node; even though the 6* is trying to inflict more damage in the first place.

So a 2* trying to inflict 40 damage per second, when boosted by a node actually causes (40-40+16) 16 damage per second.

Whilst the 6* trying to inflict 400 damage per second fails to inflict any damage whatsoever.

If you stop focusing on how the percentages 'add up' or 'multiply', and it does become absurd. Kabam mathematics is essentially saying that the opponent with an Enhanced Cigarette lighter can burn you, but the opponent with an ordinary flamethrower can't...

Marri_2 said:

@Marri_2 is trying to make the valid point that a 100% Resistant Rulk will take Incinerate damage from a 2* Mephisto on Enhanced Incinerate; but won't take Incinerate damage from a 6* Mephisto who doesn't have the boost from a node; even though the 6* is trying to inflict more damage in the first place.

So a 2* trying to inflict 40 damage per second, when boosted by a node actually causes (40-40+16) 16 damage per second.

Whilst the 6* trying to inflict 400 damage per second fails to inflict any damage whatsoever.

If you stop focusing on how the percentages 'add up' or 'multiply', and it does become absurd. Kabam mathematics is essentially saying that the opponent with an Enhanced Cigarette lighter can burn you, but the opponent with an ordinary flamethrower can't...
    Its more likely if u are trying to hide behind the wall while 40% of you not covered u going to get burned by that enhanced cigarette, and if you 100% covered behind the wall and opponent is trying to use ordinary flamethrower just cant hit you.
    nOux said:

Marri_2 said:

Its more likely if u are trying to hide behind the wall while 40% of you not covered u going to get burned by that enhanced cigarette, and if you 100% covered behind the wall and opponent is trying to use ordinary flamethrower just cant hit you.
    The node does not decrease Rulk's resistance, so the "not fully being covered by the wall" makes no sense in this scenario. There is no AAR in play here. The node affects the incendiary device, not the object that is being incinerated.
    AAR does not reduces resistance
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    still no feedback from kabam?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★
    It is intended, already confirmed in the past for similar interactions
    It is intended. And I can see how it intended. I don't disagree with the intention. I just wish the description was more specific so we wouldn't be having this discussion.