**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Robot Synergies with Guillotine 2099 INTENDED?

Comments

• RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

RoninMan said:

Neotwism said:

I my opinion, this is what the ccp program should find while testing new champs. I know seatin isn't part of he program anymore, but i still think it's members should find possible bugs like this and then have a direct line with kabam to ask if it is intended before releasing the champs. This could have been changed with only a few ppl realizing the synergies potential before she was released. With this video out, now thousands of ppl know and will all complain if kabam releases a hotfix and changes her before she is released. This just seems like something that once again someone should have realized and tested before now. We shouldn't be finding out if a synergy is working as intended right before she is released. That's a major reason ppl go after certain new champs in the first place

She hasn’t been released yet with synergies so she can still technically be a work in progress. If they decide to release her to everyone without the synergy, it affects literally nobody.
    Except all the people who currently have her, like seatin, from comiccon.. So it litterally affects some people.
    Ok, it affects literally nobody’s cash. I’m guessing they didn’t spend thousands on crystals to obtain her so even still, whoever has her is still not really affected that much.
  • zeezee57 said:

I get where everybody is coming from with it only affecting 1 or 2 nodes, but not only does it affect them, it makes them obsolete, which means that they'd have to be buffed up even more, punishing those that do not have this Synergy.

Whether this is intended or not, I am not sure, and I having it looked into ASAP.

In fairness doesn't simply being immune to these nodes, like iceman against biohazard, make the nodes obsolete? Unless it's a different node you have in mind here.
    That removes some of the challenge form that particular Buff, yes, but that is the intended RPG counter. You still have the Challenge of any other Buffs, or the Champion that you're fighting against. This would make every other Challenge presented by that encounter (other Buffs, Champion's own abilities) pretty much null. That means that if we want to make sure there's any challenge there for the Champs that benefit from this Synergy, we'd have to add more to it, making it very difficult for anybody that doesn't have access to this Synergy.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Ace_03 said:

zeezee57 said:

I get where everybody is coming from with it only affecting 1 or 2 nodes, but not only does it affect them, it makes them obsolete, which means that they'd have to be buffed up even more, punishing those that do not have this Synergy.

Whether this is intended or not, I am not sure, and I having it looked into ASAP.

In fairness doesn't simply being immune to these nodes, like iceman against biohazard, make the nodes obsolete? Unless it's a different node you have in mind here.
    That removes some of the challenge form that particular Buff, yes, but that is the intended RPG counter. You still have the Challenge of any other Buffs, or the Champion that you're fighting against. This would make every other Challenge presented by that encounter (other Buffs, Champion's own abilities) pretty much null. That means that if we want to make sure there's any challenge there for the Champs that benefit from this Synergy, we'd have to add more to it, making it very difficult for anybody that doesn't have access to this Synergy.
    Then remove it, problem solved.
    No, it does not solve the issue, it just means you dont have to deal with it. Those are not the same thing. You not wanting to deal with the challenge does not make it so.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    gp87 said:

Another day, another fail. Just try the champs guys it is not science, it is your job. We are tired of those changes all the time. We just want to play the game and have fun.. we play the game , we don’t upgrade champs with the fear of futures balances / nerfs whatever.

Also if there is caltrops or biohazard robots are already mvp so nothing gamechanging that synergy.. like hela + heimdal against aspect of chaos.

constant sp3 is pretty game changing, robots sitll have to currently fight the fight just get to ignore one aspect, with constnat sp3s there is no real fight to fight anymore.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    R0n1n1979 said:

Got the final word. This is not working as Intended, and will be fixed before release. The original intention was for this to work once per fight, but we're looking at other options as well. We want to get this fix out before the end of the week, and will have more details on it before it is pushed live.

How is it not working as intended? Text says each time!!! if you wanted it to happen once shouldn’t it have said once per fight when a immunity is trigger gain x power?

Agerd. I’m also thinking ther culd just put a cooldown to it so isn’t as breaking.

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    While I am very glad that this is being addressed before she is released, I do think it's a little bit of a non-issue. Caltrops and Biohazard are already very easy nodes to counter to begin with and with a champ like Ghost, you can get four or five passive furies to give her 200-400% attack in a matter of seconds, so it's not like it is an overpowered synergy. At any rate, thanks for addressing and fixing it before people spend money on her.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

Got the final word. This is not working as Intended, and will be fixed before release. The original intention was for this to work once per fight, but we're looking at other options as well. We want to get this fix out before the end of the week, and will have more details on it before it is pushed live.

Glad to hear this ... everyone is focused on those nodes .. I'm worried about meeting this team comp in the arena ..
    O.o

Would absolutely crush anyone who brought in any champ that inflicts bleed/poison with regularity:
    (Abomination, Archangel, Beast, Black Panther (both), Blade, Carnage ... etc ... )

They'd get absolutely trashed by that team comp in arena.
    O.o
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    R0n1n1979 said:

How is it not working as intended? Text says each time!!! if you wanted it to happen once shouldn’t it have said once per fight when a immunity is trigger gain x power?

I've always said that game developers should write the text description of in-game effects first, and then implement them second. They always, always go the other way. The problem is that first the effect is conceptualized, then it goes through multiple iterations of design and implementation, often the implementation diverges from the original concept in multiple ways (due to limits in the game systems, alterations due to testing, uncovering conceptual errors during the design, etc), and then the text description is written based on the implementation.

I used to teach a Firewall and Security policy course for ten years. I would tell the administrators the same thing. Write the description first, then the rule. Because if you write the rule first and the description second, you'll write the description based on the rule, not the idea in your head. Which means if you made a mistake writing the rule, you'll probably enshrine that mistake in the documentation, and then no one can tell if an error was made.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Should make it a 10 second cool down instead
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,980 ★★★★★
    To the comments saying that unlimited sp3 means no real fight, I’d say that’s only part true. Definitely true in fights where the enemy does not have access to their sp3, but in fights where they do? Think about trying to spam your sp3 in any act 5/6/variant content and realize that the enemy only needs to toss one of theirs and you’re toasted.
    This is not to say the synergy isn’t overpowered in it’s current state, I just think the claim that it is totally gamebreaking goes a bit far. Slap a 15-30 second cooldown on that thing and we’re good to go
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★

Doesnt make sense for it to be a once per fight mechanic. you can reduce power gain to like 20% or introduce a cooldown like someone said
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    Wicket329 said:

To the comments saying that unlimited sp3 means no real fight, I’d say that’s only part true. Definitely true in fights where the enemy does not have access to their sp3, but in fights where they do? Think about trying to spam your sp3 in any act 5/6/variant content and realize that the enemy only needs to toss one of theirs and you’re toasted.

Mostly true, but that overlooks the warlock/guillotine 2099/magik setup. Warlock then has the constant s3 and his specials grant 70% less power, meaning he gets 3x as many, even before the power drain aspect from his s3.
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 348 ★★★

Absolutely she will get re-balanced. No champ is safe now. But not before people have laid out the hard earned cash and spent the resources etc will she be changed entirely.

because there's enough fools who actually believe this, what new champs that got released in the last year or 2 were ACTUALLY re-balanced? can you name 1?
    Hey Daniel, doesn't matter how may fools believed it or not. Shes now nerfed lol. At least the OP got his answer. Don't waste those 3 days grinding bud.