**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Any hints on what new changed were made to OML and Colossus?? Pretty please...

Would be nice to update the community on what changes are being made to these champions for those of us who have ranked up their OML and Colossus. Obviously there are changes being made, and its been weeks since you told us you were doing testing and balance changes. Can we get an update on what has changed, and why?? With no communication about when the next major update is supposed to be (25.0) we are all just left in the dark waiting and it would be nice to know what has changed and been re-worked on these champions.

Sincerely,

An R5 Awakened Old Man Logan user....

Comments

• NeonoctisNeonoctis Posts: 118
    Yea man I went for it. I had saved mutant iso for so long that it was all about to expire and if he is as good as the beta version than I won't regret it at all. He was my best option at the time and needed to make a decision, So I bit the bullet and ranked him all the way up with what I had expiring. Now I just sit and wait to see how good/ bad he is going to be since they haven't brought it up at all after that post on the 1st :(
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Beta changes are never certain. If you ranked him because of the information from the beta, then that was an extremely risky move to make. I know you said you had expiring resources but still... You will just have to wait until the November update drops to see what his final rework looks like. You won’t get special information just because you ranked him up.
    I'm not asking for it because I did it. I'm asking for it because their update was supposed to be live with the october update and got pushed back. we've not heard anything else about it since then and it would be nice to have an update on what they are changing on these champs. otherwise why hold a beta test at all and let the community be a part of it if you're just going to completely change them after it's over anyway?? @RoninMan
    I’m paraphrasing so don’t quote me on this, but the gist of it was they wanted to make a couple tweaks to them before the buff goes live. The beta test is to identify any problematic interactions that may not have been intended or discovered. They don’t “completely change” them and most likely won’t change them from their beta form, but it is possible they want to adjust numbers to be more in line with their intentions of the rework or maybe slightly adjust how abilities work and interact with other abilities.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Neonoctis said:

I'm not asking for it because I did it. I'm asking for it because their update was supposed to be live with the october update and got pushed back. we've not heard anything else about it since then and it would be nice to have an update on what they are changing on these champs. otherwise why hold a beta test at all and let the community be a part of it if you're just going to completely change them after it's over anyway?? @RoninMan

Beta tests are supposed to provide feedback on the potential changes; you should expect that sometimes beta tested game features will be changed due to the beta test feedback and that can sometimes delay those changes getting into the game.

You ask why hold a beta test if the devs are going to change things after the test. The question should be why hold a beta test if the devs are *not* going to change things after the test based on the feedback.
    so what is the harm in releasing what "numerical values" have changed with these champions??? @DNA3000 @RoninMan
  • Unfortunately, there won't be any more information on the updates until they are ready for release early next month.
    Neonoctis said:

so what is the harm in releasing what "numerical values" have changed with these champions??? @DNA3000 @RoninMan

Until the changes are released, they are subject to change. Releasing numbers before they are finalized often creates commotion and confusion for no good reason. As a developer, I wouldn't release information prior to release unless there was some specific need to do so, such as if that information was being released to beta testers for review.
    Neonoctis said:

There’s a ton of harm in releasing unconfirmed values. People in general do not like being told one thing, and something different happening.

Imagine, if you will, Kabam releases values on some of OML’s abilities. Let’s pretend OML has an ability to generate a fury buff increasing attack by 500 with a maximum of 10 fury buffs. Also they say OML can bleed the opponent for 2,000 damage over 5 seconds. After reviewing all the feedback and determining these numbers are too high, Kabam then says the damage potential is too much, they need to adjust his fury and bleed values. They again release the confirmed values to be say 300 attack per fury capping at 7, and his bleed damage does 1,500 over 10 seconds. The entire community would be up at arms crying nerf and upset that we can’t get a decent buff for a champion.

It’s a preventative measure they take to make sure accurate information is released. It prevents a ton of backlash and nerf posts.
    @RoninMan so what you're saying is they withhold the information in hopes to not upset the community. (which they have done already by pushing the buff back) then when the buff finally gets released and it worse than what it was in the beta we will all still be upset about anyway, and the people who ranked up based on the beta are just out of luck and even more mad. got it. sounds like a winning model for a company who is notorious for making mistakes and then going back and having to fix them. :D i.e. releasing a newsletter with the wrong dates for the buff, and wrong variant quest title. also releasing a newsletter saying they will be doing balance changes on newer champions, than 2 weeks later saying they aren't doing that. to me I get the feeling there are too many people telling US (the community) things before they are finalized.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

Unfortunately, there won't be any more information on the updates until they are ready for release early next month.

that's not unfortunate, wish there were way more surprises instead all the data mined garbage
    Neonoctis said:

@RoninMan so what you're saying is they withhold the information in hopes to not upset the community. (which they have done already by pushing the buff back) then when the buff finally gets released and it worse than what it was in the beta we will all still be upset about anyway, and the people who ranked up based on the beta are just out of luck and even more mad. got it. sounds like a winning model for a company who is notorious for making mistakes and then going back and having to fix them. :D i.e. releasing a newsletter with the wrong dates for the buff, and wrong variant quest title. also releasing a newsletter saying they will be doing balance changes on newer champions, than 2 weeks later saying they aren't doing that. to me I get the feeling there are too many people telling US (the community) things before they are finalized.

I don’t know why people are so upset. If they’re so incredibly upset a buff is delayed for one month to fine tune buffs, then maybe they shouldn’t even be playing. What people fail to realize is that Kabam is actually doing the community a favor with these champion buffs. It generates zero income for them but they still have to pay the devs to actually execute the reworks. Do I want to see all the older champs buffed and viable? Absolutely. But these reworks are something the community seems to be almost demanding which we have zero right to do. I think people just need to chill out on the reworks and let them do it.
    Neonoctis said:

1. If you rank up based on betas or leaks, that's your fault. That has nothing to do with luck and everything to do with poor judgment.

2. If you're trying to make the argument that Kabam should release information ahead of release, complaining about the fact that they make a lot of mistakes that they have to reverse is, as you put it, not a winning model of persuasion. You're making one of the better cases for why Kabam should ignore your request for prerelease information.
    @DNA3000 then they need to stop releasing false info and leave it be. or be completely transparent and tell us what is going on and why it has taken so much additional time. The back and forth with them saying one thing, then doing the opposite or just being blatantly wrong is what has me upset. How are you going to defend a company that has openly admitted on video and on this forum itself that they were just WRONG, and instead of going back and fixing it they just leave the posts up and go back and contradict themselves??
    Neonoctis said:

@DNA3000 then they need to stop releasing false info and leave it be. or be completely transparent and tell us what is going on and why it has taken so much additional time. The back and forth with them saying one thing, then doing the opposite or just being blatantly wrong is what has me upset. How are you going to defend a company that has openly admitted on video and on this forum itself that they were just WRONG, and instead of going back and fixing it they just leave the posts up and go back and contradict themselves??

Who is releasing false info? Isn’t your post requesting that they share info that isn’t confirmed yet, aka false info? Come on man stay in your lane and debate one side instead of just flailing.
    Neonoctis said:

I'm not defending Kabam here, because there's nothing to defend here. I said it is a bad idea to release information like this ahead of release, I said I wouldn't do it as a developer. Pretty much no one else does, so this isn't some kind of special Kabam strategy.

Honestly, I don't think you care about the OML and Colossus data. You just want to pick fights in random directions, because your own complaints contradict your other complaints, which means you don't even care what side of the issue you're on. If you want to spend your time venting on Kabam that's your prerogative, but I'm not really interested in taking either side of that mental self gratification.
    the reason I enjoy posting my opinions on these Forums is because everyone is so Opinionated when it comes to this game. It seems every post I make about Kabam doing something I don't agree with there are 10-15 people like you two who jump to defend them and tell me I'm just out for self gratification. When in reality I am just wanting to get some answers on a subject I actually care about. I didn't ask whether you liked or wanted old man logan or colossus to get a buff, all I wanted was to know why we weren't getting any more info on the update or a timeline for when these champs would be updated.
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    I had hoped they would be better then the beta after they were pushed back, not worse, i played both extensively and they def werent to OP.
    I agree @AlexAvalon i think they both could stand to have a bit more damage or maybe increase OML regen so it's not so small. They don't need to be reworked for another entire month that's for sure. but I guess we will see in another 2 weeks when they finally get released. :D
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    Neonoctis said:

I agree @AlexAvalon i think they both could stand to have a bit more damage or maybe increase OML regen so it's not so small. They don't need to be reworked for another entire month that's for sure. but I guess we will see in another 2 weeks when they finally get released. :D

Im really looking forward to it, i liked them both, especially oml, i was hoping they make a few changes, i loved the passive bleed turned into fury mechanic, the sp2 crit bleed was perfect and i was hoping they removed the part where it also converted his regen to fury, if they left the regen as it is and just made it every 10 seconds without being removed when u launch a special it would be just fine, you get plenty of passive bleeds to turn to fury anyway so its really not needed. Thats part of what i said in my feedback.

I was also hoping they would stick to their original idea from the gamefiles of armor shattered vs skill and that they would extend the duration and potency of his sp1 armor break against other classes bc as it was in beta was too short and weak...maybe its just supposed to be used in a pinch vs KM and emma and that sort of sceneraio where u need a quick armor break but i wouldn't bring logan for that if it stays how it was, i would just use medusa most likely.

Last his sp3, the bleed was wayyy too weak and the crit rate not strong enough for me to justify skipping that sweet sp2 pretty much ever. So they basically made a damage character that i would use just basic combos/heavies and sp2 and repeat. Now if they gave him something worth it like 2k crit and 2k crit damage or a big berserk pop the claws fury either option lasting 25-30 seconds then i could see using it. So thats what i hope for, improve the sp1 and sp3, keep the regen but just dont have it be converted to fury, although id honestly just prefer his old pasive drip regen but either way, and leave the rest the same. Sp2, passive bleeds to fury, cant reduce his AA and the reduced damage from bleed mechanic and he would be a real banger.
  • AmazingABAmazingAB Posts: 4
    @RoninMan Absolutely True Mate. Perfectly put.