**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Underrated/underused synergies?

TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
Just tried the darkhawk synergy with ghost rider in variant 1 and its absolutely beautiful. Did 4 paths in chapter 2 with an unduped rank 3 Dh and a rank 4 GR. The power gain they get versus villains makes the fight soo much smoother and since the robots are classified as villains then I can get DH sp3 super early as well as get the GR rotations much faster. What other synergies did you not figure out until much later or that people dont know much about?

Comments

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Awakened Storm with CAIW can hit surprisingly hard. Add some mutant advancement or Corvus on it and you have a decent Storm.

I haven't tested it yet, but awakened Doctor Strange with CAIW and SS against buff heavy champions might be quite good. Mephisto adds some extra life steal on top of it and Mephisto had nice synergy with SS. I think Venom would be a nice 5th team member: extra damage & health for SS and armor break for CAIW (if awakened).

SS with Mordo, Mordo isn't that bad and +15% attack rating when the opponent has a buff does add some extra damage to him. Could be the 5th member instead of Venom.

Havok with Blue Cyclops. Double duration of armor breaks makes him more viable.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Cap has a lot of good synergies for champs not listed in his synergy. For example: Cap with SW/DS/Jane and DV makes DV even better. Especially since he creates his own buffs and nullifies them, he can take advantage of this synergy without facing buff champs.

Another one that might be more accessible now that OG Thor is being circulated a little more is Cap, OG Thor, Hyperion. This allows Hyperion to get his buffs to last longer. That in addition to Hyperion’s sig is incredible and buffs last a lot longer.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Guillotine with Morningstar, Gamora and Night Thrasher. Bleed deluxe.
  • BDeezyBDeezy Posts: 119
    Omega with sabertooth

Night thrasher with guillotine

Sabertooth with Killmonger or Black panther

For Labyrinth Star lord with cap iw and vision

• Schwa77Schwa77 Posts: 15
    Mephisto + Dormammu gives Meph 80% energy resistance while taking DoT. Helps a ton as a Limbo counter
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    Crossbones taskmaster

Provides crossbones to refresh his furies while entering overrun. If you are a bit lucky you may have up to 11-12 furies..
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★

Crossbones taskmaster

Provides crossbones to refresh his furies while entering overrun. If you are a bit lucky you may have up to 11-12 furies..

Too bad Taskmaster is broken and can’t reduce ability accuracy by anything close to 100% like his description implies he can. He’s a good synergy for Crossbones though.
    50% after using M,L,H, sp1, sp2
    50% from concussions

Theoretically it should be possible... but i totally agree with you that it doesn’t seem to be reaching 100%

You should see sparky evading your basic attacks 3 times in a row with his health above 50%... i mean what are the odds XD
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    Dr. Strange with SS and CAIW adds some great direct damage anytime he counter spells them. It is fun. It makes Dr. Strange more usable, especially against buff heavy foes. Fighting Ægon is great because you hit him, he gets fury’s, you counterspell them and the cycle continues.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Phoenix synergy on Emma Frost. It doubles the Prowess you gain per parry and crit. I absolutely love this synergy, it becomes so much easier to build up Prowess.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Is this something like...
    For example
    With passive reduction of 40%
    With concussions reduction of 65%

1 x (1-.4) x (1-.65) = 0.21

Thus reduction of 79%, not 105%?
    If this is the case I’m gonna enrage
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271
    edited October 2019
    void with an avenger fighting against an avenger. defender starts off with a FoTV buff. Good times.
    sentinel with emma frost. she does more damage with diamond form and sentinel becomes a tank with more analysis charges
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    I know Scarlett Witch isn't a 5*, but in the past I used

Scarlett Witch
    Majik
    Colossus
    Juggernaut
    Hulk
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    BDeezy said:

Omega with sabertooth

Night thrasher with guillotine

Sabertooth with Killmonger or Black panther

For Labyrinth Star lord with cap iw and vision

UNDERrated and UNDERused synergies, bro. #facepalm

Although Guillotine is one I didn't know about, so kudos for that.
  • Katzastrophe_Od1nKatzastrophe_Od1n Posts: 223 ★★
    RoninMan said:

Another one that might be more accessible now that OG Thor is being circulated a little more is Cap, OG Thor, Hyperion. This allows Hyperion to get his buffs to last longer. That in addition to Hyperion’s sig is incredible and buffs last a lot longer.

same goes for hyp with ronan and black bolt - buffs last 30%longer

• EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    If you use Heimdal and Angela (fury buff) synergy with Nick then his tactical charges will be permanent (as long as a fury buff is active) even without his clone dying first to start the permanent fury’s fury buff. Allows you to be unblockable and can’t miss can’t evade indefinitely as well as able to purify any debuff.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★

Havok with Blue Cyclops. Double duration of armor breaks makes him more viable.

Add in Sinister, and Cyke gets really useful (or should I say 'highly effective'?)

Sinister's synergy with Cyke gives his Optic Blasts True Strike. Add in a good armour break, and (Awakened) decent crits and Unblockable at high combo count, and his Specials start really working for you.

• FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Og hulk with thor rags synergy is pretty fun. allows for hulk at low health to chip away at bosses like the collector and keep on smashing for abit longer
  • KyrkantKyrkant Posts: 92

Guillotine with Morningstar, Gamora and Night Thrasher. Bleed deluxe.

Add Ronin and you will kill it ...