**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Shell alliance exploit in AW

Comments

• acid21 wrote: »
    Mainer123 wrote: »
    acid21 wrote: »
    Whiny player base now. Simply make war rewards better for tier 1 "win and loss rewards" and you get left alone. We are a top 100 alliance and we have to spend every war. So if we have to spend to win why don't you? Why do you get/expect easy wars? And even if we choose to not spend for a month we would be on your level in war and you would be crying cause it was unfair. There is literately no winning. We either spend to win, don't spend and get called cheaters and that we should be banned, or switch alliance and be told we should be banned. I understand a lot of you take the mind set that anyone better then you should be banned but it doesn't work that way. Sorry not sorry

Because you choose to be in a top 100 alliance if you want to play there then that is your choice we're their 16 ish and have to spend also when we go against an alliance 3 Xs our power which is happening a lot the war before last one champ koed all three of my champs taken out in the first fight , and I am by far strongest in our team by over double. So how are the rest of the team supposed to be able to do anything

so what happens if we said we don't want to be a top alliance anymore and stopped spending? Then we face you? Are we cheaters? Do we deserve to be banned? Your logic doesn't make any sense. You're not happy you fought a stronger alliance that's what I'm hearing. You're not always going to be able to take on everyone. There is wars that i have spent 2000 units just for a lose. It happens. You don't see us on here crying fool. really this is the same kind of post scream Nerf Hyperion cause i cant fight him. Yet again sorry not sorry

Agreed - Its not about exploiting a system or "cheating", sometimes you just have so many hard fought losses (and victories) that you decide as a whole (because it makes no difference if one person leaves to a smaller alliance or all 30 decide they have had enough and want to stick together) that you would like to take time away from those types of wars.

The common argument here is that leaving as whole to a shell is an exploit where as leaving as 1 is not. Well, what if I decided to leave my 2500 war rated tier 1 alliance to a 1600 war rated alliance and it just so happened that 29 other individuals from 29 other alliance who also left one by one ended up in the same 1600 war rated alliance - you get the exact same result but with different accounts.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    The way kabam could fix aw and make more fair matchups is base alliance's war rating on prestige like aq--or at least factor it in. It's ridiculous that in tier 2, my alliance, which has only three or four 5* r4 champs in the whole alliance, is constantly facing alliances where every account has at least one, if not two or three, r4 champs. Clearly these alliances have the champs, but lack skill. But they are able to win wars through brute force as opposed to actually having to fight. But they also continue to rank champs bc they get higher aq rewards from prestige which puts lower prestige alliances with better skill at a disadvantage. This would also stop the shell alliance issue bc all of those alliances wouldn't drop a tier when changing to shell alliances.
  • Idc if they do it cuz I don't have time to worry w it. But it does seem similar to the old way to game the system by fighting a particular aq node over and over and over and over.

That wasn't an exploit, really. It wasn't cheating. It was using what was available in the map that kabam gave you... In a way to maximize points.. Which is what the goal of aq was. And kabam ended up cracking down VERY hard on it if I remember correctly.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Idc if they do it cuz I don't have time to worry w it. But it does seem similar to the old way to game the system by fighting a particular aq node over and over and over and over.

That wasn't an exploit, really. It wasn't cheating. It was using what was available in the map that kabam gave you... In a way to maximize points.. Which is what the goal of aq was. And kabam ended up cracking down VERY hard on it if I remember correctly.

It was fighting the mini-boss (UC) on map 5 over and over with the regen node intact to rack up points. And they did nothing cause it was an exploit the top alliances in Incalculable used one time during AQ.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    Whiny player base now. Simply make war rewards better for tier 1 "win and loss rewards" and you get left alone. We are a top 100 alliance and we have to spend every war. So if we have to spend to win why don't you? Why do you get/expect easy wars? And even if we choose to not spend for a month we would be on your level in war and you would be crying cause it was unfair. There is literately no winning. We either spend to win, don't spend and get called cheaters and that we should be banned, or switch alliance and be told we should be banned. I understand a lot of you take the mind set that anyone better then you should be banned but it doesn't work that way. Sorry not sorry

Because you choose to be in a top 100 alliance if you want to play there then that is your choice we're their 16 ish and have to spend also when we go against an alliance 3 Xs our power which is happening a lot the war before last one champ koed all three of my champs taken out in the first fight , and I am by far strongest in our team by over double. So how are the rest of the team supposed to be able to do anything

so what happens if we said we don't want to be a top alliance anymore and stopped spending? Then we face you? Are we cheaters? Do we deserve to be banned? Your logic doesn't make any sense. You're not happy you fought a stronger alliance that's what I'm hearing. You're not always going to be able to take on everyone. There is wars that i have spent 2000 units just for a lose. It happens. You don't see us on here crying fool. really this is the same kind of post scream Nerf Hyperion cause i cant fight him. Yet again sorry not sorry

No you didn't change alliances you just decided not to play as hard that should be allowed .that is all fare and square. It's the jumping to weasle your way ahead that is wrong.
  • C1INTB3ASTW00DC1INTB3ASTW00D Posts: 17
    edited August 2017

No you didn't change alliances you just decided not to play as hard that should be allowed .that is all fare and square. It's the jumping to weasle your way ahead that is wrong.

How would one decide to "not play as hard" in a top tier alliance without swapping to a lower one? Lets just say for the sake of argument that you want to take it a lot easier but stay in your 2500 AW rated alliance. You will, inevitably, get kicked out. So what do you do now? You find a low tier alliance with the best possible players (because even though you don't want to play hardcore, you still want to win) now your literally right back at "weasel". This argument could never work unless you either quit or went alliance-less when you decided you didn't want to AW as hard. Where the shell comes in is when 30 players already in an alliance decide they are tired of facing ridiculous AW opponents because they are too scared to play each other.

Edit: Terrible spelling
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    I enjoy playing in top 100 with competition, but it takes a toll on you sometimes and your wallet. So dropping down to a lower tier makes me an exploiter I guess.
    I do have bills to pay, but I guess I should keep spending right?
  • Anonymous wrote: »
    I enjoy playing in top 100 with competition, but it takes a toll on you sometimes and your wallet. So dropping down to a lower tier makes me an exploiter I guess.

See, what the alliances in the lower tiers don't realize is even if you are a top 100 alliance (top 10-15 aside), you will still get ridiculous matchups every now and then very similar to those that the shell alliances provide to the lower tiers. The only difference is the ones in the top 100 who get matched with a top 10 don't moan about it on the forums - they play and try to win. At its peak, my alliance was rated 2600. We faced a few top 15 alliances that were way out of our league due to their coordinated matchmaking system and we just ate it and played our best.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    yeah I see how it works if the top 100 alliances just have a shell alliance at about tier 5 and switch all their players to that, then it would make some sense, lose a lot of aq rewards but a month of much easier fights, I like what I've done with my alliance and it's not cheating, we were sick of tier 1/2 wars and having to spend to win so we just stopped using items , we only use them now if it's near the end and we have better explo and just need a boss kill, we dropped to tier 4 and it was a brutal few weeks (lost 12/15) but now we win half our wars without items and yes the tier 4 rewards aren't a big step down from tier 2 where we spent most of our time,

it is an easy solution: make the separation of rewards better, bad news for my strategy but it only seems fair, it's what I hated about tier 1/2 when I worked out that in tier 4 we get so similar rewards for no items spending, bump up tier 1 and 2 shards so that even 50% of their wins are worth more than climbing through the tiers, it would tempt our alliance to start running at tier 1 again
  • This **** discussion will end up same way as AQ blackout past issue, Kabam will make all pay for the actions of a few, going for the lazy solution, and never change it again. Some here have hit the real issue, rewards for a lost are totally inappropriate, the same way in the AQ trouble times it was inappropriate that a Gifted alliance would be able to get better rewards than a Incalculable alliance out of top 35 (iirc)!
  • madmaxmadmax Posts: 59
    Easy fix, if an alliance doesn't enter a war then they keep the same war rating, then this problem doesn't happen
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    madmax wrote: »
    Easy fix, if an alliance doesn't enter a war then they keep the same war rating, then this problem doesn't happen

That fixes nothing.
  • acid21acid21 Posts: 22

Are you a troll? Changing alliance or deranking it doesn't matter. The end result is the same. You lose and then you come cry to the forums about how everything is so unfair. You have no way to prove if an alliance you are fighting is from a shell or a deranked alliance. You are basically trying to influence a witch hunt with Zero proof of where the alliance in question came from. But from what i can tell is you want rewards for you being such a good sport. They did zero to crack down on the AQ alliance switching. How do i know cause i was in one of the alliances doing it. But you really think they are going to ban people for moving to new alliance? Lets be real here, its not an exploit. Its moving around with in the realm of the game. They are incurring the rewards penalty set down by the creators of the game for moving alliance. Give them a week of no aw rewards? they will probably still do it. They are being punished in AQ giving way for you to get a higher rank and get the stuff you need to rank up. This post is pointless. When a mod comes forwards and tells the player base that your whole alliance cant switch alliances and it is a ban able offense then it well matter. Until then a mod should shut down this witch hunt of a post.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Anonymous wrote: »

See, what the alliances in the lower tiers don't realize is even if you are a top 100 alliance (top 10-15 aside), you will still get ridiculous matchups every now and then very similar to those that the shell alliances provide to the lower tiers. The only difference is the ones in the top 100 who get matched with a top 10 don't moan about it on the forums - they play and try to win. At its peak, my alliance was rated 2600. We faced a few top 15 alliances that were way out of our league due to their coordinated matchmaking system and we just ate it and played our best.

Yeah we also faced core and xilem, we had no chance at all so we saved items. We got up to 2750 and had some fun with rival alliances. It was fun but eventually you have to take a break to pay some bills lol.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Hey guys, you know, as a whole, the alliance community only wins half of its wars. Losing here and there is really not the end of the world.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    edited August 2017
    Hey guys, you know, as a whole, the alliance community only wins half of its wars. Losing here and there is really not the end of the world.

When you spend 800-2000 units and lose it is painful. In the top 100 alliances they will have almost all type of 4&5* champs and that means spending even to have a chance. You hit a point of no return and decide did I waste 1000 units or spend another 1000 for the win. Half the time losing 2000 units doesn't work. If rewards aren't increased people will find ways to get them. That's like the car that can't be stolen. If there is a will there is a way.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Is this a reason why there are alliances which has members who has very high ratings compared with leaders / officers who are almost at noob level? I looked and felt puzzled, why these members are willing to stay in those alliance?

Are you a troll? Changing alliance or deranking it doesn't matter. The end result is the same. You lose and then you come cry to the forums about how everything is so unfair. You have no way to prove if an alliance you are fighting is from a shell or a deranked alliance. You are basically trying to influence a witch hunt with Zero proof of where the alliance in question came from. But from what i can tell is you want rewards for you being such a good sport. They did zero to crack down on the AQ alliance switching. How do i know cause i was in one of the alliances doing it. But you really think they are going to ban people for moving to new alliance? Lets be real here, its not an exploit. Its moving around with in the realm of the game. They are incurring the rewards penalty set down by the creators of the game for moving alliance. Give them a week of no aw rewards? they will probably still do it. They are being punished in AQ giving way for you to get a higher rank and get the stuff you need to rank up. This post is pointless. When a mod comes forwards and tells the player base that your whole alliance cant switch alliances and it is a ban able offense then it well matter. Until then a mod should shut down this witch hunt of a post.

First off I keep seeing this troll thing but have no idea what that is all about?
    Second off I am just as disappointed when we get a super weak match up also it's not about the losing the unfair match ups are just not exciting, And makes me feel like a bully . A lot of people on here are putting words in my mouth and are missing my point . When we fight an alliance and as soon as there champs are finished and cleared the top 3 or 5 players leave the alliance before the war is finished . Tell me what that are doing? And as far as your which hunt I have never once mentioned one name and never will , I'm not THAT GUY!
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    edited August 2017
    It's because of player like you who always whine a lot FOR EVERY GODDAMN THING.
    first it was oh....sw sl thor are too good let's nerf them.
    Now you want kabam to put restrictions on this as well.
    The alliances that do this waste 2 weeks of AQ rewards as well as the waiting period by kabam when you join a new alliance.
    Get good, BTW when we alliances even fight, we have others like us as well so how is this a exploit.
    ITS ALWAYS GUYS LIKE YOU WHO WANT EVERYTHING LITERALLY HANDED DOWN TO THEM.
    life is never fair sometimes you win sometimes you lose.
    NDK13 wrote: »
    The alliances that do this waste 2 weeks of AQ rewards as well as the waiting period by kabam when you join a new alliance.
    Get good, BTW when we alliances even fight, we have others like us as well so how is this a exploit.

Again putting words in my mouth If you think I whine you obviously don't know me . I fight for my life every day with kidney failure from high blood pressure and it took out vision n my right eye and caused swelling in my brain . And I have never once complained . I just join and alliance in last couple months so I got every thing in the game on my own so no I don't want anything handed to me . Get you S*** together before you start to mouth off fella
  • Mainer123 wrote: »

Again putting words in my mouth If you think I whine you obviously don't know me . I fight for my life every day with kidney failure from high blood pressure and it took out vision n my right eye and caused swelling in my brain . And I have never once complained . I just join and alliance in last couple months so I got every thing in the game on my own so no I don't want anything handed to me . Get you S*** together before you start to mouth off fella

You come across as whining because you are not acknowledging any of the real points that have been made here. Listen, regardless of your AW rank, you ARE going to get unfair matchups (unless your in the top 15 or so and coordinating with the other top 15 which has been proven via leaked line chat messages). It is frustrating, we know that. You honestly just have to accept that fact and open clear lines of communication with YOUR alliance as to whether or not you want to pursue a victory. But your original point here is that higher ranked players moving to lower ranked alliances is exploiting the system. You even mentioned you believe someone who leaves an alliance and comes back to that same alliance at a later date should be stripped of all interim rewards. These sentiments are simply outrageous at best.

You come across as whining because you are not acknowledging any of the real points that have been made here. Listen, regardless of your AW rank, you ARE going to get unfair matchups (unless your in the top 15 or so and coordinating with the other top 15 which has been proven via leaked line chat messages). It is frustrating, we know that. You honestly just have to accept that fact and open clear lines of communication with YOUR alliance as to whether or not you want to pursue a victory. But your original point here is that higher ranked players moving to lower ranked alliances is exploiting the system. You even mentioned you believe someone who leaves an alliance and comes back to that same alliance at a later date should be stripped of all interim rewards. These sentiments are simply outrageous at best.
    Look I'm just saying there has to be a better way if I wanted a sure win or lose I would play beginner quests or rol . I just think the wars should be more even , Both teams have a chance . I don't know how they could do that but there has to be a better way than the current way. And I have never once said anything about the rewards we get let alone complained about them , Again people putting words in my mouth
  • C1INTB3ASTW00DC1INTB3ASTW00D Posts: 17
    edited August 2017
    I think if someone leaves an alliance and then goes back to same one later they should be stripped of all rewards they won in between

As I never mentioned you complained about rewards (sounds to me like your the one putting words in my mouth) I am going to re-post a previous comment made by you to hopefully help your forgetfulness. You made the above comment about stripping rewards from players who leave and alliance then come back to said alliance. Reading comprehension is crucial to a constructive conversation. And yes, I understand the frustration about being out matched. There has been a lot of good conversation about drastically increasing the rewards in tier 1. This could be a fix. That being said, I'm sure there would still be people that simply don't want to compete in tier 1. Hence, these dudes will still end up in the lower tiers. It would all come down to kabam and what they see fit.
    I think if someone leaves an alliance and then goes back to same one later they should be stripped of all rewards they won in between

As I never mentioned you complained about rewards (sounds to me like your the one putting words in my mouth) I am going to re-post a previous comment made by you to hopefully help your forgetfulness. You made the above comment about stripping rewards from players who leave and alliance then come back to said alliance. Reading comprehension is crucial to a constructive conversation. And yes, I understand the frustration about being out matched. There has been a lot of good conversation about drastically increasing the rewards in tier 1. This could be a fix. That being said, I'm sure there would still be people that simply don't want to compete in tier 1. Hence, these dudes will still end up in the lower tiers. It would all come down to kabam and what they see fit.

That part was not meant for you. Sorry if that's how you took it . I just saved another post. And I do think your idea is one of the better ones to keep this from happening .
    And on another note , As of my post u commented on. Im not talking stripping rewards if it's over a few weeks or months I'm talking stripping rewards when it is happening during a war, if you leave a war as soon as you complete to go do another war with diffent alliance. That stuff should be stripped
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Why would anyone move back and forth between allies to alternate wars? That's not how this works that everyone has been talking about. People are moving to a lower ally for a month+ at a time, then potentially switching again after that point. They're not moving multiple times a week, that would perpetually lock them out of AQ and SA.

I may have misunderstood, but that's how I'm reading your comment @Mainer123
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    @LocoMotives you are correct. They generally are spending a month to two months in the shell alliance then moving on to the next alliance. I have heard some even move from one shell to another shell.
    Why would anyone move back and forth between allies to alternate wars? That's not how this works that everyone has been talking about. People are moving to a lower ally for a month+ at a time, then potentially switching again after that point. They're not moving multiple times a week, that would perpetually lock them out of AQ and SA.

I may have misunderstood, but that's how I'm reading your comment @Mainer123

A couple of times we have been against teams we're as soon as there cleared the 3 or four strongest members disappear and if you sh each for them they all went to same alliance.
    I'm guessing they are sister alliances and they send the big guys to clean op in both wars?
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    I believe the easiest way to fix this would be to increase the loss rewards to those Tier 1 AW matchups to what the current Winner would get. Then Double the winning rewards. We know that 5* shards are much needed now with the 6* coming. So this would keep the value in staying with Tier 1 Match-ups.
    I believe the easiest way to fix this would be to increase the loss rewards to those Tier 1 AW matchups to what the current Winner would get. Then Double the winning rewards. We know that 5* shards are much needed now with the 6* coming. So this would keep the value in staying with Tier 1 Match-ups.

Very good idea