**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ghost special intercept not registering against opponent

Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
I've had this happen a few times before but actually managed to get it recorded this time around (see youtube link). I launch Ghost's special and it should hit the opponent as they're dashing in but for some reason, it does nothing and then lets the opponent block the rest of the special. Any idea why this is happening and if this can be fixed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hub5kpkxI4c&t=1m22s

Don't bother watching the whole video. It's really just the clip from 1m22s to 1m26s.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    If you slow it down you will see you launched it too soon, he even took a stagger step back after the special started, then ran into a non hit part oh the special and bounced off like we do to the champion in 6.2
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
    Lormif said:

If you slow it down you will see you launched it too soon, he even took a stagger step back after the special started, then ran into a non hit part oh the special and bounced off like we do to the champion in 6.2

Agree, OP was too slow launching the SP2. I find the best way to accomplish this without WASP is to bait the opponents heavy then launch the SP2. Hope that helps.

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    WHOz_R4GE said:

Lormif said:

Agree, OP was too slow launching the SP2. I find the best way to accomplish this without WASP is to bait the opponents heavy then launch the SP2. Hope that helps.

If you can stun parrying then doing it also works, if you already have the precision it’s still possible as long as there is t limber
  • JosephPoerioJosephPoerio Posts: 269 ★★
    The timing was perfect and the attack should have made contact. Kabam has confirmed there is an issue regarding special intercepts when the opponent attacks simultaneously with a basic attack. From what I was told, they are investigating and working on a fix.