**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Best 5 power control Champions an the worst

What are the 5 best power control Champions for you?
And the worst?
You can specificate in which content they shines

Comments

• Options
    jkcjmijijkcjmiji Posts: 283
    edited July 2019
    BEST 2:

Vision
    Magik

Lower tier:
    Psylocke
    Civil warrior
    SW (RNG)
    Spider Gwen
    Gwenpool
    Dr. Voodo
  • Options
    RagnabroRagnabro Posts: 43
    edited July 2019
    Isn't IMIW good?
    And Quake should have a special mention I think
  • Options
    PalistesPalistes Posts: 161 ★★
    Magik, Psylocke, Vision, Hawkeye … who else? Why have Psylocke in the lower tier, jkcjdkfljsdlfgsdl?
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Dormammu Magik Vision Doc Oc and if you're great with Quake she might be the best because there's no hitting involved.
  • Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Top 5

Magik
    Vision
    Doc Oc
    Dorm
    DV

Quake would be on there but against a Hyperion she will get owned. But besides that she’s amazing even though she technically does do anything with their power. She just doesn’t give them any since no contact.
  • Options
    FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    1. Magik
    2. Doctor Octopus
    3. Dormammu
    4. Hawkeye
    5. Vision (both)
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Top 5 in game are (In no order)

Dorm - you can spam MM to never give the opponent a bar of power ever even if thet have 100% power gain or something unless they have outside power gain like Hype but you can still lock him down.

Magik - By far the most effective and easy to use power control once you get to a SP2

Voodoo - SP3 and SP2 are VERY effective for power control and if you have points in MD it can be even more effective to spam.

Warlock - New contender that can perma power lock like Dorm, Magik and Ock

Doc Ock - Infinite power lock sounds nice yeah?

Honorable Mentions:

Vision(s) - They would be top 5 but AOU is only a 4 star and the OG one is crazy rare and hard to get.

Hawkeye - SP1 spam that can be used to great effect in V1 and AW and deals some damage once they can bleed.

Rogue - Never mentioned yet her SP2 can be used over and over to drain power easily.

Psylock - Her whole game is power control but she's like 1% away from being like the best in game. Her lack of gaining power as fast as normal champs is unnecessary and her specials most of the times don't drain enough to put the enemy on 0 power and if they have any form of power gain she's not very good.

Winter Soldier - It's honestly a handy ability to have and with Taskmaster, it's surprisingly effective.

Champs like Spider Gwen, Hulk Rags and Gwenpool don't have power control like the others as their enervate only stops power gain from attacking them. Tho it's still useful to have.
  • Options
    UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★

Top 5

Magik
    Vision
    Doc Oc
    Dorm
    DV

Quake would be on there but against a Hyperion she will get owned. But besides that she’s amazing even though she technically does do anything with their power. She just doesn’t give them any since no contact.

If you're able to get pass the first power gain with Hype quakes concussion will deal with the rest
  • Options
    UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★

Magik psylock vision dormammu are very good

Gulk spidergwen cw are okay

Psylocke is an underdog..she can powerlock passive forever and also reduce def abilities but still nobody cares

It's because psylocke gains power slower than any other champ in the game
  • Options
    Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★

Psylocke is an underdog..she can powerlock passive forever and also reduce def abilities but still nobody cares

But she can instantly gain 1 bar of power in many ways, which more than covers this reduction.
    If she gained power on the same rate, I believe she’d be somewhat op
  • Options
    My list would go like this:

Best (in no particular order):
    Dr. Voodoo
    Vision (OG)
    Magik
    Dormammu
    Hawkeye

I left Age of Ultron Vision out because he gains power in a smaller rate than OG Vision, due to his lack of Synthesis
  • Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Thi101 said:

But she can instantly gain 1 bar of power in many ways, which more than covers this reduction.
    How does she “instantly gain 1 bar of power in many ways”? AW Power Start 1 is the only way I can think of.

She sucks. Plain and simple. Not going to rehash all the reasons as it is pretty well documented, but she can’t power control champs that have power gain, only regular champs not champs you actually need power control for. You have to bait specials (2 SP1s or an SP2) meaning she sucks for nodes you need power control for like AON.

She’s hot garbage, pretty much totally worthless and poorly designed. Who makes a power control champ that can only be used in vanilla fights and not any fights that you actually need power control?

Remove her low power gain and her giving opponent power when hit and she may become decent, but will still suck in fights where you actually need power control. In addition to the above put her SP1 as draining 1 full bar of power and she would probably be good!
  • Options

Thi101 said:

How does she “instantly gain 1 bar of power in many ways”? AW Power Start 1 is the only way I can think of.

She sucks. Plain and simple. Not going to rehash all the reasons as it is pretty well documented, but she can’t power control champs that have power gain, only regular champs not champs you actually need power control for. You have to bait specials (2 SP1s or an SP2) meaning she sucks for nodes you need power control for like AON.

She’s hot garbage, pretty much totally worthless and poorly designed. Who makes a power control champ that can only be used in vanilla fights and not any fights that you actually need power control?

Remove her low power gain and her giving opponent power when hit and she may become decent, but will still suck in fights where you actually need power control. In addition to the above put her SP1 as draining 1 full bar of power and she would probably be good!
    I'm gunna respectfully have to disagree with you on this one
  • Options

Thi101 said:

How is she not useful on matches you “need” power control champs? She power locks on special 2, and if they are enervated, Psylocke instantly gains 1 bar of power.
    Accumulating her charges is pretty goddamn easy and can deal devastating damage once you detonate them on her Heavy Attack.
    Even against champs with passive power gain, she has uses: she can spam her SP1 almost indefinitely.

You clearly have no idea how Psylocke works. If she power drains an opponent and they lose from a bar of power, she instantly regains her SP1. If they are fully power-drained, she basically shuts their power gain of being hit through the rest of the match. While this passive enervate is on, her SP2 instantly gives her a bar of power and power locks the opponent.

She’s a well thought underrated character.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    The best power control champ for non-powergain champs is Quake if used properly. It's not my opinion, it's just a simple fact as they don't gain any power throughout the whole fight.
    Other than that, the best for me are:
    Magik
    Dormammu
    Doctor Voodoo
    Doc Ock (look at Seatin's most recent video on him for best results)
    Warlock and
    Either Vision at Max sig.

(I know this is technically 7, but they're all tied in my opinion.)

Honorable mentions go to:
    Hawkeye
    Psylocke and
    IMIW
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    1:magik
    2:psylocke
    3:doc oc
    4:dr voodoo
    5:hawkeye
  • Options
    Palistes said:

Magik, Psylocke, Vision, Hawkeye … who else? Why have Psylocke in the lower tier, jkcjdkfljsdlfgsdl?

Ppl that rate psylocke low dont know how to use her
  • Options

1:magik
    2:psylocke
    3:doc oc
    4:dr voodoo
    5:hawkeye

I only left vision out as aou vision is only a 4* and og vision is unitwall
  • Options
    KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Lainua said:

Dorm
    Magik
    Vision
    Hawkeye

In that order. Dorm is no doubt the best of them all.

I agree. He can basically keep the enemy from getting a bar of power. While getting to his SP2 which is power control icing on the cake.

He is permanent on my AQ team and don’t forget bleed and poison immune.

• Options
    issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Forgetting RedSkull Now hes angry

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019

Thi101 said:

Her actual abilities do it already:

Special-1: Drop the opponent across a Power Threshold, and you Power Gain back to a full bar.

Special-2: If this hits the opponent, Psylocke gains a full bar of Power.

If she didn't have an offensive Power reduction, she'd be a monster. Seriously, you should try her before you hate on her.