**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Repeatedly pulling the same class from 5* Awakening Gems

AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
Has anyone ever had a response from Kabam on this, or have they ever stated anything on the forums? It happens too frequently for too many players to be merely anecdotal.
Was happy with my first couple of Mutant gems as they’re such a good class (and still holding out hope for Omega Red someday) but just opened my 4th in a row and it really feels odd. So many others have had the same experience and we can’t all be imagining it. I’m no programmer but surely there is some way for Kabam to tweak the algorithm to stop players pulling the same gems every single time? 60-70 dollars is a lot of money guys- I’m aware we take that risk when we buy, but come on.

Comments

• Options
    AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
    Just realised there is already a post about this up on the forums today- Sorry, hasn’t noticed. But the fact there is more than one post is just further evidence for this being an actual thing. There is no way it’s completely random.
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    This is completely random, bud. My last five were: mystic, mutant, mystic, mystic, mutant, skill.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    They have said it is completely random, and no it does not happen "far to many times to be anecdotal", because it could happen a thousand times and as long as there are enough people to counterbalance that account it is still anecdotal, or even what is known as an outlier.

4 times in a row is (1/6)^4, which is only 1 in 1296, considering the thousands of open AGs that is not that odd.
  • Options
    Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    Lol don’t buy it. If u did and not got class that u want, u can do nothing. It is random
  • Options
    dononedonone Posts: 47
    I got my 4th mystic awakening gem. Even if it's random it sucks. No incentive to spend money if you keep getting the same thing.
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    I pulled 3 cosmic r3-4 gems
    Those were from completing all variants
    Such BS luck
  • Options
    Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    “It happens too frequently for too many players to be merely anecdotal.”

You have this impression because the only people posting something about this on the forums are the people complaining about it. No one posts a thread about “Hey, I got a completely new AG from the crystal!”.

I bet the majority of players are not on this situation, but the forums only show the ones that are. This creates the illusion of being a fact, when it’s just multiple people having some bad RNG and stuff.
  • Options
    JVoorheesJVoorhees Posts: 48
    Aldac said:

Thank you for the detailed and somewhat vitriolic responses, Umberto and Lormif, I hope getting that out made you feel better. It certainly made me question the point of posting on these forums given there seem to be posters determined to make anyone making a comment or asking a question feel like **** instead of offering a constructive response.
    If it is indeed random my second point still stands- if players are in a situation where they’re pulling 4, 5 or even more of the same class in a row, why can’t the algorithm be tweaked to discount that particular class from selection on subsequent pulls? How hard would that be? It would certainly help to prevent conspiracy theories developing.

- Guy, they gave you constructive criticism...and "tweaking the algorithm" takes away from the whole RNG concept. Smh, logic*
  • Options
    PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    I’ve personally been hunting for a mystic AG for so long but I still balance out pretty well have 2 mutant 2 tech one skill. Just used my recent cosmic on cap marvel movie
    When I explored act 5 I got all science gems but it is what it is. Eventually will get what you need
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Pintzz said:

I’ve personally been hunting for a mystic AG for so long but I still balance out pretty well have 2 mutant 2 tech one skill. Just used my recent cosmic on cap marvel movie
    When I explored act 5 I got all science gems but it is what it is. Eventually will get what you need

Take one of mine lol, I have 3 and there are literally only 2 mystic champs that even are remotely worth a gem I don’t have duped currently
  • Options
    iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    @PandayPirata This is what people seem to be missing out on, then they call Prof Hoff an idiot, he has shown these same patents on his videos, he doesn't get his claims out of his ***
  • Options
    PandayPirataPandayPirata Posts: 23
    @Lormif This was my first post and I’m amazed that you have made the conclusion that I am a conspiracy theorist. I don’t even know who Prof Hoff is. I know Lagacy, Seatin and Diggity Dave but not Prof Hoff.

These patents are not necessarily sinister to cheat players. Some of these as I understand them are to help players. Some are to help Kabam to keep players interested in opening mystery boxes.

We have 2 options here: straight RNG or some algorithms to help players and keep interest in the game. Which one do you think is more believable given the presence of these patents?

If you think it’s straight RNG, that’s fine. But people who believe there is some more complex algorithm Kabam employs are not crazy people.

As I said, my limited reading and understanding of these patents seem helpful to players and also keeps players interested in opening mystery boxes
  • Options

@Lormif This was my first post and I’m amazed that you have made the conclusion that I am a conspiracy theorist. I don’t even know who Prof Hoff is. I know Lagacy, Seatin and Diggity Dave but not Prof Hoff.

These patents are not necessarily sinister to cheat players. Some of these as I understand them are to help players. Some are to help Kabam to keep players interested in opening mystery boxes.

We have 2 options here: straight RNG or some algorithms to help players and keep interest in the game. Which one do you think is more believable given the presence of these patents?

If you think it’s straight RNG, that’s fine. But people who believe there is some more complex algorithm Kabam employs are not crazy people.

As I said, my limited reading and understanding of these patents seem helpful to players and also keeps players interested in opening mystery boxes

I have not once responded to you (until now). I responded to @iRetr0 who had tagged you so it emailed you, because I replied to a post that had you tagged. I therefore have not called you a conspiracy theorist, or linked you to hoff in any way. This is how the forums work which you probably did not know.

It is not just that I think it is RNG, it is that Kabam has told us it is straight RNG and there is no evidence to support that it is anything other than straight RNG, there to suggest otherwise would be to suggest a conspiracy that kabam is lying to us..
  • Options
    Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    I posted this in another thread with a similar subject:

As much as I would like to believe there is a specific algorithm that Kabam uses, I went to Random.org and tested it myself. I set up a RNG between 1 and 6, assigned each # a class and pulled in groups of 10 for a total of 100 AG openings. My results are below:

Skill - 15
    Mystic - 12
    Cosmic - 16
    Mutant - 17
    Tech -17
    Science - 23

For me Science is the clear winner overall, always pulling one in every round. Side note - my last 2 pulls in real life have been Science. Mystic is least likely to be opened, there again IRL I don't remember ever opening a Mystic AG.

The most of the same class I pulled in one span of 10 openings was Mutant - 5 times.

I opened Tech the most on my 1st pull, a total of 3 times. I never opened a Cosmic on the 1st pull.

So based on my 100 opening data I am the most likely to get Science, but my 1st pull will likely be a Tech, but if I save up 10 AG, 1/2 could be Mutant.

PS - I am THAT bored at work! This is not meant to be scientific fact or representative of anything other than me performing a pretend AG opening at work so I don't fall asleep.
  • Options

I posted this in another thread with a similar subject:

As much as I would like to believe there is a specific algorithm that Kabam uses, I went to Random.org and tested it myself. I set up a RNG between 1 and 6, assigned each # a class and pulled in groups of 10 for a total of 100 AG openings. My results are below:

Skill - 15
    Mystic - 12
    Cosmic - 16
    Mutant - 17
    Tech -17
    Science - 23

For me Science is the clear winner overall, always pulling one in every round. Side note - my last 2 pulls in real life have been Science. Mystic is least likely to be opened, there again IRL I don't remember ever opening a Mystic AG.

The most of the same class I pulled in one span of 10 openings was Mutant - 5 times.

I opened Tech the most on my 1st pull, a total of 3 times. I never opened a Cosmic on the 1st pull.

So based on my 100 opening data I am the most likely to get Science, but my 1st pull will likely be a Tech, but if I save up 10 AG, 1/2 could be Mutant.

PS - I am THAT bored at work! This is not meant to be scientific fact or representative of anything other than me performing a pretend AG opening at work so I don't fall asleep.

To illustrate:

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Awakening Gems are rare. No one by themselves has a large enough sample to make any conclusions. For example- Roll one die 6 times but only once every 6 months. If you end up with 6 4 times is it that the dice company rigged the dice or is it just you roll it so few times it seems like the system is rigged?
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    4 science and 5 mystic in my last 10. awesome
This discussion has been closed.