**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] 24.3 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• LiviuDamianLiviuDamian Posts: 6
    Gamename: LiviuDamian
    Device: IPhone 11
    Operating System: 13.0
    Cellular or WIFI: Both have 4G
    Game version: 24.3
    Game mode: All

The issue is the heavy attack for all the champions doesn`t work,its not reliable.For example i enter the fight .parry or want to do a heavy counter i press and hold the attack button ,and my defender goes in to a block stance.Tried differnt screen spots to do the heavy,the same result,instead of a heavy i get a block...Pls look into this,as the heavy is very important.
    Have a nice dat
  • sublime2323sublime2323 Posts: 21
    In-Game name: Sublime2323
    Device and Model: iPhone XR
    Device Operating System: IOS 13.1.2
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and cell
    Game Version Installed: 24.3.0
    Game Mode: Event Quests,AQ,AW,Arenas, all champs
    Description of the Issue:
    Parry timing changes throughout match or doesn’t register. Failed blocks. Special attack button sometimes doesn’t work even tapping multiple times. Combo into a Special attack hesitates just long enough for opponent to block.
  • At 1st I thought it was me. 2nd I thought it was the phone. I’m thinking it has to do with the drag and type option. If I’m in the middle of attacking and my left thumb hovers to close to screen. All hell breaks lose. My champ dashes forward can’t block and gets pummeled. I’ve also knocked out a couple champs while on cellular only. And get the poor connection signal. Then return to the game. And it’s as if I timed out my fight. Lost 1/2 my life and now I’ve gotta fight em again. I hope these issues get resolved before season 13. Good luck everyone.
  • Parodical_Sun1Parodical_Sun1 Posts: 143
    edited October 2019
    Is anyone else here, who is using an slightly older version Apple iPhones or iPads, which is running on iOS 12.4.2 experiencing technical issues with the new Kabam and Apple updates? Issues like champs not responding, featured options freezing up without operating to the touch. I have noticed, this after the recent new Kabam update and knowing that Apple have discontinued updating older model versions of iPhones and iPads to the current 13.1.2,without jailbreaking the iOS to the current beta-update. Kabam please look into this matter and please don’t hold the older version iPhone and iPad users accountable for this issue, in order for us to have a functional iOS platform.
    edited October 2019
    In-Game Name: Parodical Sun
    Device and Model: iPhone 6 Plus
    Device Operating System: 12.4.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Happens during both instances.
    Carrier: T-Mobile
    (3 &4bars on home Wi-Fi)
    Game Version Installed: 24.3.1
    Game Mode: I noticed and had the non-responsive issues occurred in Event Quests, in 3vs3 arena, in Alliance Quests and in AW
    Description of the Issue: This non-responsive issue occurred in AQ Map 3.,using Venom, also occurred with Dr. Voodoo, in EQ Act 5 against Moon-knight bane it had occurred. The issue also happened in 3vs3 arena using a Guillotine.The issues stayed ongoing, until the champs were literally “sitting ducks” ,being KO’d. As well as I had noticed the menu feature glitch freezing up too. It also is unstable to switch screens without me touching corresponding screen. This been happening since, the recent Kabam update. I say about about two and half weeks ago. I also noticed this problem occurring when my phone rang,while playing, as well as momentarily pausing it for about 1minute.
    This technicality in game bug issue, costed me about 100units, several 40%revives , and over a dozen maximum health potions.
  • In Game Name: Dawdlingsky117
    Device: IPhone 8
    DOS: IOS 13.1.2
    Cellular (Verizon) & WiFi
    Game Version: 24.3.1
    Game Mode: Arena and Event Quest (so far)

I’m having issues where my special attacks aren’t connecting randomly. I have instances where the opponents weren’t blocking, no evade or invisible at all active, but the special will miss a hit or two, in some cases the champ will stand there and just run through and interrupt my special and attack me successfully. I can’t reliably special intercept, and it’s costing me streaks in arena, and deaths in the Uncollected event quest. I’m having random hits not connecting, some after the first hit lands, and no champ being fazed by the attacks unless the whole thing happens to connect.

One example is my Void versus a Mister Sinister in arena. He dashed at me, and I activated my s1. The animations appeared, my power used, and he ran through the initial animation and successfully got a combo on me before the s1 finished.
  • In-Game Name: PlayerPrivate
    Device and Model: iPhone 8 Plus
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both Carrier: Verizon
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Champs freeze and stop mid combo. Parry only works half the time. Champs perform heavies without provocation. Trying to heavy causes the champ to dash backwards half the time. All moves not registering as prescribed. This seems to be intermittent but has been an issue for 3 months.
  • G2DKG2DK Posts: 243
    Just bought a new iPhone 11 pro yesterday. I used to have the IPhone X and the game always ran super smooth.

Since playing on the new phone I’ve found that the game lags quite a bit. It’s not smooth at all. Fights are much slower. Is this a common issue with these new phones? Is the game not optimized for them yet?

Thanks in advance.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    iPad mini 5
    iOS 13.1.2
    WiFi
    Every game mode

Ridiculous combat lag in nearly every fight for 4-5 days. Game is not running smooth at all.
    When I updated to iOS 13.1.2 the game ran perfectly for a few hours, since then it has been terrible. Jerky slow movement, sometimes struggle to finish a combo. Other times when combo finishes sometimes the AI instantly counters before I can parry or dash back.
  • SayakonoSayakono Posts: 9
    edited October 2019
    In game name - dr.sayak
    Iphone xr
    Ios -13.1.2

Characters are freezing in mid air heavy attacks , so many times making this game totally unplayable
    Kabam please fix this bug , we cant just spends lots of money in heal n revive

Automatic heavy attacks the ai is doing this is happening again n again ,playing this gane over3 years now i guess kabam u need to recruit some good team who are work efficient in fixing bugs ,
  • In-Game Name: Fletchlives
    Device and Model: iPad Pro 12.9
    Device Operating System: IOS 13
    Cellular or WiFi: wifi
    Game Version Installed: 24.3
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? all modes
    Description of the Issue: cannot collect one mail, constantly drops connection, freezes, goes to loading screen, cannot play , every action takes 3-4 times to work
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    By the way on that video frame rate are more smoother than in real time gameplay.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    nOux said:

In-Game Name: n0ux

I just do t understand why this tread exists if Kabam dont do anything about it. This is getting worse and worse every day. Please do something about your game optimisation because i love this game and just cant lift my finger to spend any money on this game when you guys instead of paying your devs to optimise game expecting people to buy new phone every year to run smoothly this 5year old game, releasing new champions for people to buy and do testing for you instead of having testing team. Its the lowest of the low.
    All my friends already stopped playing because of these reasons, and im myself on the last tread holding on.

Please Kabam dont ignore this.

The cynic in me believes one of the predominant reasons this thread exists is to prevent lag being discussed in the main forum.
    Any mention of lag results in threads being closed and redirected here.
    One of the most frustrating aspects is the lack of acknowledgement that players are experiencing significant issues in game.
    In my experience if you contact support they will pretty much tell you to uninstall then reinstall the game and clear your cache.
    All I want to know is are the issues caused by -
    1. The game
    2. My device
    3. My connection

If it’s 2 or 3, that’s in my control and I can do something about it. If it’s number 1 and my device and connection are good, then all I want to know is when/if it will be fixed.

Any advice how to identify which of the 3 are causing the issue would be gratefully received.

• MPKalaMPKala Posts: 40
    Haven’t see a response from Kabam on this but heard issues from my alliance mates with iOS 13 from a few who updated or got the iPhone 11.

I turned off the automatic update setting on my phone to avoid the update to iOS 13 until I get word that the game functions correctly for those affected.

It sounds like there’s an issue between that system and the game

MP Blaze
    iPhone XR
    iOS 12.4.1
    Cellular and WiFi

A timeline or some response on this matter would be cool.
  • Johanson86Johanson86 Posts: 7
    In-Game Name: johanson86
    Device and Model: iPhone 7 Plus
    Device Operating System: IOS 13.1.3
    Cellular or WiFi: Maxis
    Game Mode: Event Quest, Arena, Alliance Quest
    Description of the Issue: Lagging in game play and phone heat up
  • KyrazmomKyrazmom Posts: 159
    I upgraded from a 7+ a few months ago and my game play is less than enjoyable. Took a while to adjust to the specials buttons being closer to the center and now I’m having issues with evade not activating. I either take a bunch of block damage or my champ is opened up to a combo when I swipe back. Game and iOS are up to date. Is there sensitivity settings or am I just screwed? Anyone else have this evade issue? I have 2 points in dex mastery, FYI
  • Jimmyv2276Jimmyv2276 Posts: 1
    edited October 2019
    In-Game Name: Jimmyv2276
    Device and Model: iPhone7
    Device Operating System: iOS13.1.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: All, including just basic navigation of the screens
    Description of the Issue: the apps is constantly crashing. Crashes nearly every fight and often when moving between nodes in quests or just between screens outside of fight mode. Also drains my battery at an alarming rate on this configuration. Will lose 5% battery life doing a single fight. The app is basically unusable for me.
    edited October 2019
    I feel Kabam Support should reimburse iOS users, who have loss significant in game resource items, due in part to this technicality issue because of recent updates and the descriptions of the nature of the claimants many of use are experiencing. Working hard to get those resources only to use them up, trying to over compensate for a bug technicality, is exhausting and takes all the fun out of the game, to the point it almost feels like working a “dead end job.” Please Kabam Support see fit that the iOS users get compensated for their losses.
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★

I feel Kabam Support should reimburse iOS users, who have loss significant in game resource items, due in part to this technicality issue because of recent updates and the descriptions of the nature of the claimants many of use are experiencing. Working hard to get those resources only to use them up, trying to over compensate for a bug technicality, is exhausting and takes all the fun out of the game, to the point it almost feels like working a “dead end job.” Please Kabam Support see fit that the iOS users get compensated for their losses.

At this point i would prefer If they would fix performance issues Instead of compensation. What's the point point of any recourses if i can’t play the game.
  • xRoosterxxRoosterx Posts: 26
    hey - i am concerned, my game keeps crashing and just shutting down randomly mid fight or when selecting champs.. or any time really it seems. Happening alot - and costing me half of champs health in quests. Either way its annoying and making me not want to play. is this issue specific to me? I have an iphone 7 with the updated ios and app..
  • xRoosterxxRoosterx Posts: 26

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the iOS version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for iOS users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
    Device and Model: (Example, iPhone 7)
    Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.”
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
    Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 24.3 version of the game.
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

my game keeps crashing.. is this a known issue? Its shutting down randomly alot - i have iphone 7 with most updated software - just re downloaded the game too thought that would help but still happening.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 283 ★★
    -Game Name: Jkw634
    Device and Model: I phone 7
    Device Operating System: 13.1.3
    Cellular or WiFi: c spire. Both.
    Game Version Installed: Most updated version.
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Lag. Game freezing during fights completely. Non responsive at times Dropped controls. Champs not working how they should. Completely logs out every time just go outside of game for a second. As of today now kicking me out during fights in eq abd resetting it self. Phone seems to be heating up too just like last year when the over heating broke my phone. Getting old fast and more then willing to just quit.
  • Bagi53Bagi53 Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Bagi53.
    Device and Model: iPhone 8 Plus
    Device Operating System: iOS 13.1.3
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 24.3
    Game Mode: Not gameplay related
    Description of the Issue: MCOC will not load on my device. When the app is opened, it shows the Kabam logo then the main loading artwork. It then spins on the loading screen endlessly, but does not load. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, but the problem persists.
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 178
    iPad air2
    iOS 13.1.3
    WiFi
    Every game mode

This forum is often not reachable from your link in the game and returns as error ....

Now your servers are BAD as it can take as much as 10 seconds from select node to move to until the move actually happens. When you’re gameplay is having this much delays in no wonders why there is so much lag in the game.

Parry is off, so is evade and frames are dropping creating everything from slow to super fast movements. Sometimes it starts the fight fast and sometimes slow and it changes if the fight lasts for more than 30-40 seconds.
  • Name of the game: wilsoudaboa.
    Device and model: iPhone 7
    Device operating system: iOS 13.1.3
    Mobile or WiFi: Both
    Installed game version: latest version
    Game Mode: All game modes have made the mistake: Story Missions, Event Missions, Arena, Alliance Mission, or Alliance War.
    Description of the problem: The game after iOS 13 upgrade to it is closing alone in all parts of the game, in war, mission, arena, everywhere ... the game comes in but doesn't last long and closes again. I hope you get a reward for the needless spending we are glad we are out of season ..
This discussion has been closed.