**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

### Pick your Champ ###

Comments

• Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    This may be an odd one, but...

What about Phoenix?
    The node you made clearly says “will degenerate 100% of the Attacker’s health over 5 seconds if they ever leave the ground for any reason”
    But I cannot leave the ground if I never touched it in the first place. The only thing I need is not being stunned.

The only Phoenix’s attack that makes her touch the floor is the last hit on her SP2, which is not required for the usual Phoenix rotation, that relies on parry-heavy-SP1-SP3.

Phoenix might actually be really reliable on this fight.

EDIT: I just realized the first node includes projectiles as “property”, but I’m not sure if Phoenix’s SP1 is treated as a projectile or not. I don’t know if her SP1 makes her take damage agains Electro or a Rock-Shielded Korg or any champions with similar abilities. I know it’s not physical damage, it’s energy based... but I also know that being energy-based does not necessarily mean “projectile”.
  • WhiteStrikerWhiteStriker Posts: 107

I found lot of interesting options in the answers. I intendedly have not included stun immune because this question is not just to make the fight tough but to make it difficulty with choosing champ,

Explaining each one below.

Iceman : This is bad choice. As I said Armour and its abilities is considered as property. This includes ice armour
    Ant man : Ant man can change his size only with his suit. Suit is considered as property.
    Emma frost : Bad choice. Diamond form is an armour ability and she will receive degen at start of fight.
    Gladitor hulk : All attacks uses hammer. And while 'face me' you will regenerate only 70 % (+10 % with recorvery mastry.). Not the best choice for large health pool
    Hulk : Sp1 , Sp2 are treated as projectile in current game.
    Superior iron man : lots of armour
    Corvus : glaive is a sword. You cannot deal after 20 hits so it is Useless for large health pools.
    Aegon : Sp1 is projectile. Combo ending with medium and sp2 both leaves ground. sp2 uses arrow which is property

Till now the suitable answers I got is Luckage, Quake, mephisto and Dorammamu.

@WhiteStriker

You forgot my Crossbones suggestion.

Dormammu's special attacks leave the ground.

Mephisto's SP2 leaves the ground.
    Cross bones sp2 uses gun and treated as projectile. It cant be use.
    Thanks for reminding. Yes mephisto and doramammu sp 2 leave ground and cant be used.

@dr_nish777 Things special leave ground.

Best options available till now luckage, Quake (Only with quake play style as her sps leave ground)
    But 5 seconds is enough for him if you use full synergy.
    it Depends on the health pool. Try taking out LOL level champ in that 5 sec and then I will consider . My question is to pick up best champ in all aspects. Which means irrespective of how big the health pool, you should be able to deal quite easily . Lot of champs can be used if we never use any special. But this is to pick best champ and you can use any normal, heavy or special attack as required with much worries. Infact I should not consider quake according to this. But Quake players are used to play this way on every game irrespective of these nodes. If I remembered Quake I would have added true strike though. :-)

@Thi101 All flying champs will start degenerating at start of fight. Even if they are never on the ground, they still considered as left the ground as they are still staying on air fighting. I did consider about flying champs while stating that node.
    @WhiteStriker I presumed you thought that, but I did think it differently

Considering that most flying champs touch the ground at some point on their base attacks (like voodoo, Claire Voyant and Magneto (i guess)) or heavy attacks (like Wasp), they would touch the ground at some point and take damage since then they would have touched the ground and lost contact with it.

I guess I misinterpreted your node idea with this thought lol. (Even though I still think like that, wut) I just thought it would be more interesting this way for some reason
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    What about omega red?
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

What about omega red?

I’m sure tentacles are a property.
    RoninMan said:

What about omega red?

I’m sure tentacles are a property.
    Yes. Tentacles are property. This is similar to wolverine claws and spider web.
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 755 ★★★
    What about deadpool with sp1 spam?

What about deadpool with sp1 spam?

Deadpool jumps on his special 1 and 2, and uses a gun on special 3
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

Iceman : This is bad choice. As I said Armour and its abilities is considered as property. This includes ice armour
    Ant man : Ant man can change his size only with his suit. Suit is considered as property.

Ahh, really being nitpicky .. ok .. then .. but for Ant-man, I just use SP2 then .. ;)
    no shrinking, no issue .. :pensive:

I ruled Mephisto out, because of his whip .. ;)
  • Would OR tentacles count as a projectile?
    @GinjabredMonsta Tentacles is considered as property as per my last comment

@dot_ditto Good one on mephisto whip. I don't remember that character. But antman sp2 is a projectile.

Projectile is some thing which the attacker throws/projects on the defender with out making contact.
  • @GinjabredMonsta Tentacles is considered as property as per my last comment

@dot_ditto Good one on mephisto whip. I don't remember that character. But antman sp2 is a projectile.

Projectile is some thing which the attacker throws/projects on the defender with out making contact.

Yeah my bad, commented before I saw the second page
    edited October 2019

@GinjabredMonsta Tentacles is considered as property as per my last comment

Really? a swarm of bugs is a projectile? LOL
    Ok .. at this point, the nodes should just be simplified then .. to "you can only use xxx" ;)
    LOL

(but it's an interesting thought experiment none-the-less) ;)
    Ok, I was curious, so I went through the full list of champs .. and if you don't use any specials, I believe you can use any of the following:

no specials
    Abomination
    Ant-man
    Beast
    Black Widow
    Carnage
    Daredevil
    Deadpool
    Diablo
    Dormammu
    Electro
    Elektra
    Falcon
    Gamora
    Gwenpool
    Havok
    Hawkeye
    Hela
    Iron Fist (maybe sp2 only?)
    Joe Fixit
    King Groot
    Magik
    Man-thing
    Medusa
    Mr. Sinister
    Punisher
    Red Hulk
    Scarlet Witch
    She-hulk
    Spider-gwen
    Spider-man (Miles)
    Spider-man (Stark)
    Spider-man (Stealth)
    Spider-man (Symbiote)
    Starlord
    Storm
    Hood
    Thing
    Ultron
    Vision
    Void
    Warlock
    Winter Soldier
    Yellow-jacket

I don't believe any of those violate the rules, if no specials are used.

However, if you want to use at least 1 special, I think the list is just the following:

Groot (sp1 and 2 shouldn't count as a projectile)
    Hulk (sp2 only)
    Karnak (sp1 only. sp3 ??)
    Luke Cage (any)
    Mordo (sp2 only, maybe sp3 ?)
    Kamala Khan (sp1 only. sp3?)
    Quake (sp1 only. sp3 ?)
    Spider-man (sp1 only)
    Champion (sp1 only)

I'm not entirely sure of the animations of some of those sp3, though ??

That said, Void becomes a good pick .. as he doesn't have to do much other than delay the match to win .. ;)
    @dot_ditto Thats a huge list and thanks for that. There are many wrong options. For eg. Havok medium is projectile. Hawkeye leaves ground on medium attack, Yellow jacket heavy leaves ground. Void cant inflict debuffs because of 3rd node. i.e., shrug off debuff which does not have timer.

Its true that that there are a bunch of options if we do not activate any specials. All those picks are kind of ok options. I am looking for a best option to go and play as usual with out worring about node much.

For e.g., Luckage, is a good pick. I did not expect that one.

@dot_ditto Thats a huge list and thanks for that. There are many wrong options. For eg. Havok medium is projectile. Hawkeye leaves ground on medium attack, Yellow jacket heavy leaves ground. Void cant inflict debuffs because of 3rd node. i.e., shrug off debuff which does not have timer.
    [/quote]

Yeah, not 100% familiar with a lot of them .. :) Havok? really? ok ..
    Hawkeye? his medium? oh .. jumping kick .. gotcha .. ;)
    re: Heavies .. true, a lot of heavies might violate it, so you can't use heavies for most, I suppose.
    Still doesn't preclude using them otherwise.. *shrug*
    Just the nodes are so restrictive, you may HAVE to use a champ where you have to choose not to use certain move sets. ;)

re: Void: ahh, missed that .. still can use them though .. just doesn't work any better than others then.

• GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited October 2019
    Void could work, but you would have to parry only as well as utilize sp2

Edit: Forgot the projectiles part. Man you got me stumped on this node
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 247 ★★
    @WhiteStriker luckage?
    Void is a risky one
    Cause you can’t dash back nor use medium attacks

Both these actions makes him leave the ground

Also, you won’t be able to use the heavy attacks from most of the female characters on the list.
    Also also, Gamora’s second medium makes her jump, so it’s unusable
  • Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    red hulk (use only sp 1)...or warlock (since all the guns and cannons are part of his body not props )...
    @Webby72 Yes Luckage is only identified best champ (Apart from Quake play).
    @Thi101 You are on the point.
    @Bawa69 Rudhulk jumps in air with sp1. Warlock's cannon is a property embedded in his body. Also its a projectile

I created ### Pick your Champ ### 2 which has completely different set of nodes.
    Every body can have a look on that as well
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    Luke Cage

He never uses any kind of weapon, projectile, armor up, etc...

AND.. he never leaves the ground, even during his special attacks
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    I’ll go for an off the wall one. Champion. As long as you only use L1 he stays on the ground, doesn’t use properties, and doesn’t inflict any indefinite debuffs.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

I found lot of interesting options in the answers. I intendedly have not included stun immune because this question is not just to make the fight tough but to make it difficulty with choosing champ,

Explaining each one below.

Emma frost : Bad choice. Diamond form is an armour ability and she will receive degen at start of fight.
    Gladitor hulk : All attacks uses hammer. And while 'face me' you will regenerate only 70 % (+10 % with recorvery mastry.). Not the best choice for large health pool
    Hulk : Sp1 , Sp2 are treated as projectile in current game.
    Superior iron man : lots of armour
    Corvus : glaive is a sword. You cannot deal after 20 hits so it is Useless for large health pools.
    Aegon : Sp1 is projectile. Combo ending with medium and sp2 both leaves ground. sp2 uses arrow which is property

@WhiteStriker

You forgot my Crossbones suggestion.

Dormammu's special attacks leave the ground.

Mephisto's SP2 leaves the ground.
    True. I forgot as i don't play with those champs often. But cross bones sp2 also uses gun and treated as projectile.

So only best option is luckage and Quake. That too need to play in quake style for quake. Especially her sps leave ground so cant be used
    Damn, really forgot about that gun. Though you could spam SP1.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Carnage using parry heavy until special three. Rinse and repeat. You should get a high number on bleeds and be able to cycle through specials fairly fast because of the power gain. You can only use parry heavy and sp3 because he leaves the ground during one of his light attacks, leaps on his sp2, and kinda throws himself on sp1. His main body leaves the ground during the sp3 animation, but he's always touching the ground with his spider legs.
    I created ### Pick your Champ ### 3 post with completely new set of nodes. Interested people can answer.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Sig 200 Namor will take any of the degen damage and reflect it back at the defender when attacking into them, play aggressively enough and you'll barely take any of it. The damage you do take, you can regen with specials. And because of this damage reflect, you don't have to worry about using the specials, especially since you can use several in Imperius Rex, adding up to at least 5 seconds worth where he can reflect all the damage back and take none of it. Same answer applies to ###Pick your Champ### 2 and 4 along with Ghost, but she would not work with this one.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Also Quake is an amazing option.