**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

### Pick your Champ ### 3

Hi All,

Those who saw previous questions will understand this concept. I am interested to see the community choice If kabam ever creates a fight with below nodes, I want to see which champ community would like to choose.

1. Defender gains an indestructible charge. This is disabled for 2 seconds when the attacker moves backward and defender is not attacking (not even hiting on blocks).
This can not be reduced by ability accuracy reduction and can not be avoided in any other way. (similar to champion indestructible buff in 6.2.6)
2. Swiping back is completely disabled through out the fight. How ever attacker will have 100% perfect block

I am curious to see the available options. Please comment your choice.

Note: Defender has high health pool. Walls at conner can be ignored while considering these nodes

Comments

• RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    I’m a little confused to this scenario, you have to move backwards but you can’t dash back? If that’s the case I’ll use IMIW.
  • WhiteStrikerWhiteStriker Posts: 107
    RoninMan said:

I’m a little confused to this scenario, you have to move backwards but you can’t dash back? If that’s the case I’ll use IMIW.

You are right. IMIW sp1 works. Lets see if any other options.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Just use Thor Rags. His dancing fighting stance will take it off at any idle point. EZ

Just use Thor Rags. His dancing fighting stance will take it off at any idle point. EZ

LOL. You are kidding.
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Can it be nullified? If yes then SS

Its not a buff. It is charge
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    In that case, Ghost should work ... her special animations have her moving forward and back between hits.
    Also, during her Sp3, same thing :)

Domino (sp2 final hit is after she backflips away)

Green Goblin: Sp2 and Sp3 should work

Hawkeye - his special 2 has a backflip .. that should be backwards movement, allowing the final hit to get through.

Taskmaster - sp1 should work well.

The Champion - sp2 he moves backward (falling backwards) before the final leg kick

Wasp / Yellow-jacket - you could spam their sp3 if it counts .. ;) hehe
    dot_ditto said:

In that case, Ghost should work ... her special animations have her moving forward and back between hits.

Domino (sp2 final hit is after she backflips away)

Green Goblin: Sp2 and Sp3 should work

Hawkeye - his special 2 has a backflip .. that should be backwards movement, allowing the final hit to get through.

Taskmaster - sp1 should work well.

The Champion - sp2 he moves backward (falling backwards) before the final leg kick

Wasp / Yellow-jacket - you could spam their sp3 if it counts .. ;) hehe

You got lot of options. Any way correcting few

Ghost : Only sp2 has back ward movement. So ghost can only damage with 2 hits for 1 sp2. sp1 does not move back ward. It lands at the same place

Domino : Agreed but only 1 hit after back flip. So Domino can do 1 hit for 1 sp2

Hawkeye : Agreed. 1 hit + bleed damage for 1 sp2

task master : 2 hits for 1 sp1 + bleed damage. Great option

champion : 1 hit for 1 sp2

3rd special animations all allowed.

Yellow jacket : 3 rd special doesnot have back ward move ment. It is just moving forward and turning around
    Wasp : Animation was a bit confusing with size. But I would give it as I felt like wasp flipped backward before throwing gum

Also mentioning IMIW : 2 hits for 1 sp1 + shock damage.

• Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    stark spidey...he moves back during all his specials
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Spider-Gwen

She does a backflip after her first hit on SP2
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Sparky on Sp1 and 2
    Domino on Sp2
    Spider-Gwen on Sp2
    The Champion on Sp2
    Taskmaster on Sp1
    IMIW on Sp1 and 2
    Hawkeye on Sp2
    Ghost on Sp2
    Green Goblin on Sp2
    are the ones I can think of.

This is your made-up node @WhiteStriker, so correct me if I'm wrong, but buffs can't be disabled in the middle of Sp3's, so will Sp3's with backward movements involved work or not?
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Blade's SP1 shuriken throw and SP2 gun shots will work fine.
    Gwenpool's SP2 grenade works as well.
    Bawa69 said:

Stark spidy : sp1 back flip is only after all hits. SP2 he does not swing back ward. He turn backward and swing forward
    Thi101 said:

Spider-Gwen

Spider Gewn does not flip back. She jumps straight from her position

Gwenpool does not move back ward. She just fall in her place
    Blade : Not sure why you chose this. None of those attacks has backward movement.
    Etjama said:

Sparky on Sp1 and 2
    Domino on Sp2
    Spider-Gwen on Sp2
    The Champion on Sp2
    Taskmaster on Sp1
    IMIW on Sp1 and 2
    Hawkeye on Sp2
    Ghost on Sp2
    Green Goblin on Sp2

This is your made-up node @WhiteStriker, so correct me if I'm wrong, but buffs can't be disabled in the middle of Sp3's, so will Sp3's with backward movements involved work or not?

Hits from sp3 can be considered. But hits only after back flip does damage. And it is not a buff. It is a charge which could disable in middle of sp3
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Spider-Gwen actually does go slightly back

It’s just not that much to be super noticeable.
    But still, backwards is backwards
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    dot_ditto said:

Why would you use Ghost though? You can’t dodge backwards so you lose everything that makes her great. No phasing and no crits on specials.
    Thi101 said:

Nope. She jumps straight into air in anti clock direction. I reviewed it again in slow motion and confirming. During that special attack total animation moves slightly to make spider gwen at center. This gives up an illusion that spider gwen moved slightly back ward. See it on 0.25 x speed and observe the position of floor or some other property on ground. Relate sider gwen potion to that property.
    edited October 2019

Thi101 said:

Nope. She jumps straight into air in anti clock direction. I reviewed it again in slow motion and confirming. During that special attack total animation moves slightly to make spider gwen at center. This gives up an illusion that spider gwen moved slightly back ward. See it on 0.25 x speed and observe the position of floor or some other property on ground. Relate sider gwen potion to that property.
    Also adding to this how much illusion of backward movement depends how on far from corner
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    RoninMan said:

dot_ditto said:

Why would you use Ghost though? You can’t dodge backwards so you lose everything that makes her great. No phasing and no crits on specials.
    with how restrictive it is, I'll be happy to find 1 champ I have that works ... since she's my top champ (by far), even the other choices mentioned, I'd personally still be better off with Ghost .. san-phasing .. :pensive:
    I did not see that

Bawa69 said:

Stark spidy : sp1 back flip is only after all hits. SP2 he does not swing back ward. He turn backward and swing forward
    Thi101 said:

Spider-Gwen

Spider Gewn does not flip back. She jumps straight from her position

Gwenpool does not move back ward. She just fall in her place
    Blade : Not sure why you chose this. None of those attacks has backward movement.
    Etjama said:

Sparky on Sp1 and 2
    Domino on Sp2
    Spider-Gwen on Sp2
    The Champion on Sp2
    Taskmaster on Sp1
    IMIW on Sp1 and 2
    Hawkeye on Sp2
    Ghost on Sp2
    Green Goblin on Sp2

Hits from sp3 can be considered. But hits only after back flip does damage. And it is not a buff. It is a charge which could disable in middle of sp3
    I did not see this option so adding this. Falcon is one good choice. All special attacks has back ward movement before the hits.