**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How does Fear of the void actually work

I am considering awakening void with a generic gem. But I Don’t exactly understand how the fear of the void works.
When all six intimidating presence debuffs are placed they shall be “converted in to a passive fear of the void” combining their effects and giving Void an xxx attack rating”

Does that mean that the six debuffs effects will become permanent on the opponent (but as a passive not as debuff)
Meaning that the opponent will have:
-2*30(60)% evade
-2* fatigue
-2*50 (100) regen and power gain
?
Is that how you can get opponents to degen and loose power instead (by getting FOTV and then an extra Petrify?

Or is it a language thing(I Don’t have English as native language) and they just mean that you get the extra attack rating “from” the debuffs (even though they actually don’t have anything to do with each other)
Thanks for insights in advance

Comments

• ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Pest_1 said:

Does that mean that the six debuffs effects will become permanent on the opponent (but as a passive not as debuff)
    -2*30(60)% evade
    -2* fatigue
    ?
    Is that how you can get opponents to degen and loose power instead (by getting FOTV and then an extra Petrify?

Yes except FoTV is not permanent. It has a timer.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Shrimkins said:

Pest_1 said:

-2*30(60)% evade
    -2* fatigue
    ?

Yes except FoTV is not permanent. It has a timer.
    Exactly.
  • Oliverb1980Oliverb1980 Posts: 99
    Pest_1 said:

I am considering awakening void with a generic gem. But I Don’t exactly understand how the fear of the void works.
    When all six intimidating presence debuffs are placed they shall be “converted in to a passive fear of the void” combining their effects and giving Void an xxx attack rating”

-2*30(60)% evade
    -2* fatigue
    ?

Or is it a language thing(I Don’t have English as native language) and they just mean that you get the extra attack rating “from” the debuffs (even though they actually don’t have anything to do with each other)
    Thanks for insights in advance

The first fotv will stop any regen and passive power gain. When you get the next petrify while fotv is active that's when heal and passive power gain reversal happens
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Fear of the void is 2 of each debuff, lasts for 40 seconds and you should definitely use that generic
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    The one downside to FOTV is that it doesn't actually cause the opponent any direct damage (the way his debuffs do), as it's a passive effect. It's really useful for the other effects though, and also gives Void a decent Attack boost whilst active.

You'll also be able to activate FOTV immediately when fighting Avengers, using his synergy with some of the original Avengers. That's come in very handy from time to time.

Void is definitely worth the gem.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Its worth it. I used a 4* and 5* Science gem the second I got Void of each rarity