**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gladiator Hulk Face Me mechanics not working

nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
in AQ 6 two fights in a row i degenerated to death without Face Me 70% heal damage back mechanic.

https://youtu.be/saxQvOzi26U

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Doesn't work on Degen. Works on Starburst though. No idea why but it's been like that since he was introduced.
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    I mean its passive and its damage over time, how does its not working?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    nOux said:

I mean its passive and its damage over time, how does its not working?

Kabam has stated degen is special, it’s not passive or a buff
    I mean it looks like a duck and acts like a duck, it must be a giraffe. Kabam logic.
    This quote represents Kabam

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” - Albert Einstein
    I don’t think insulting them will get you what you want, just saying.
    Its not what i want but what makes sense.
    Doing stupid things and getting called on it its not insulting, its pointing out whats wrong with their actions.
    nOux said:

Its not what i want but what makes sense.
    Doing stupid things and getting called on it its not insulting, its pointing out whats wrong with their actions.

you have directly called them stupid and lazy. There are better ways to vent your frustration then insults.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    The rule of thumb with gulk is passive abilities from champs no retreat and starburst are the only things he regen from
    There is really easy way how to fix this bug, they just need to change debuff icon from passive to something else that represents special damage. Because right now its passive and it does not work how it is intended
    nOux said:

There is really easy way how to fix this bug, they just need to change debuff icon from passive to something else that represents special damage. Because right now its passive and it does not work how it is intended

A bug means unintended, this is intended so therefore not a bug. Kabam has been over this countless times, I doubt you will be the one to change their minds
    Buff is represented as an passive damage overtime debuff while in hulk description it says it heal from passive damage overtime. How is this not a bug? U can see one thing and call it other thing, thats not how things work
    “ I doubt you will be the one to change their minds” and u are surprised that im calling it a lazy behaviour when they need convincing to fix their mistakes?
    nOux said:

Buff is represented as an passive damage overtime debuff while in hulk description it says it heal from passive damage overtime. How is this not a bug? U can see one thing and call it other thing, thats not how things work

because a bug is specifically UNINTENDED. If the system is INTENDED, then it is not a bug. It can be inconsistent in design, but not a bug.

A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways.

The behavior is correct, expected and behaves in the intended ways, therefore it is not a bug despite you wanting it to be.
    Lormif said:

nOux said:

because a bug is specifically UNINTENDED. If the system is INTENDED, then it is not a bug. It can be inconsistent in design, but not a bug.

A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways.

The behavior is correct, expected and behaves in the intended ways, therefore it is not a bug despite you wanting it to be.
    There is nowhere in the “system” that it says that it should behave this way. Its coming from word of mouth. U cant place bleed icon on poison damage and call it as it intended because somewhere someone said it

Hey there, as some have mentioned Face Me activate for Passive Damage Over Time Effects, but it does not activate for Damage Over Time Debuffs. Debuffs are effects that be shrugged off by Champions like Agent Venom or King Groot and can be identified by the light border around their icon. Passive Effects do not have this border on their icon and can't be shrugged off by abilities that remove Debuffs, but will cause Face Me to activate for Hulk (Ragnarok). Hope that helps clear things up!

Isn't that funny huh? Kabams explains what is passive debuff, but then u want to tell me that in other post they will make up something that is contradicting with their own statment?
    nOux said:

Lormif said:

nOux said:

There is nowhere in the “system” that it says that it should behave this way. Its coming from word of mouth. U cant place bleed icon on poison damage and call it as it intended because somewhere someone said it
    The system is the code, and the arbiter of the intended behavior of the code is kabam, and kabam has made this decision.. Kabam could, if they wish, put a bleed icon on poison damage and call it intended because it is their system to develop how they want. It would make a lot of people quit, but it is their system and they can do as they wish. We dont get to dictate how it will run, only how we wish they would run it.

Why does it feel like I am teaching introduction to computer science to an art history major.
    Haji_Saab said:

It should but it doesn't and hasn't since he has been out which is a very long time and the change will benefit the players greatly, so zero chance of getting this fixed.

So yeah.

Like i said before if they want to fix this its rly simple and quick solution to that just to change passive debuff icon to something else that represents “special” damage. But i guess calling it lazy its insulting by some poeple.

nOux said:

Haji_Saab said:

It should but it doesn't and hasn't since he has been out which is a very long time and the change will benefit the players greatly, so zero chance of getting this fixed.

So yeah.

Like i said before if they want to fix this its rly simple and quick solution to that just to change passive debuff icon to something else that represents “special” damage. But i guess calling it lazy its insulting by some poeple.

Yes, calling people lazy, even if you believe it to be true, is insulting. If I called you lazy there is a good chance you would take offence to it.
    Lormif said:

nOux said:

Haji_Saab said:

So yeah.

Yes, calling people lazy, even if you believe it to be true, is insulting. If I called you lazy there is a good chance you would take offence to it.
    If i was lazy and and was just refusing to do anything just not to be lazy yeah sure call me lazy and i have no right to feel insulted. Because guess what, facts dont care about your feelings.
    nOux said:

Lormif said:

nOux said:

Haji_Saab said:

So yeah.

If i was lazy and and was just refusing to do anything just not to be lazy yeah sure call me lazy and i have no right to feel insulted. Because guess what, facts dont care about your feelings.
    Except factually they are not lazy, they make changes every day. Not prioritizing what you want done does not make them lazy. In addition you would still have a right to feel insulted someone just insulted you, if they were justified in the matter is not the point.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    This could be avoided if you searched it before asking.
    Anyway, they are aware of it and are planning to change the visual in order to be easier to know the difference. Thing is, they want to generalize it, since this isn't happening with only one or two nodes. So it will take a while to get everything and change it in a way it works for everyone of them
    “They make changes everyday” i guess thats why there are bugs that are persistent for 2-6months.
    nOux said:

“They make changes everyday” i guess thats why there are bugs that are persistent for 2-6months.

what does one have to do with another? You can make changes every day and still have bugs that persist for 2-6 months or even the life of the product. Look at meltdown, that was a bug that existed in processors for decades despite regular updates to the product. The 2 things are not mutually exclusive.
    Lormif said:

nOux said:

what does one have to do with another? You can make changes every day and still have bugs that persist for 2-6 months or even the life of the product. Look at meltdown, that was a bug that existed in processors for decades despite regular updates to the product. The 2 things are not mutually exclusive.
    I think you should think before comparing things. The difference is that one issue is known for a while now how as I understand and another one it existed but no one was aware of it, but when intel became aware of that issue was fixed straight away.

Anyway, they are aware of it and are planning to change the visual in order to be easier to know the difference. Thing is, they want to generalize it, since this isn't happening with only one or two nodes. So it will take a while to get everything and change it in a way it works for everyone of them

Its not that they need to change game mechanics to fix it. Its just simple icon change and if they wanted it can be done in less then an hour. Kabam can send me their source code i can find the code line and change it my self without any problems. But for them to wait this long and say that it can take a while its silly. And its not like its a lot of nodes that behave this way, its only bane and degen.
    nOux said:

Lormif said:

nOux said:

I think you should think before comparing things. The difference is that one issue is known for a while now how as I understand and another one it existed but no one was aware of it, but when intel became aware of that issue was fixed straight away.
    Maybe you should take your own advice and think before you post. Your statement was, and ill quote:
    nOux said:

No where in this statement does it say the bugs are known. Bugs are bugs, known or not known. Bugs can even be accidentally fixed without even known the bug existed, see the NC switch change. Even still meltdown still meets your arbitrarily changed statement, because it discovered about 2 years ago, has not been fixed, and will not be fixed until a new architecture comes out due to how hard it is to fix. Right now OS vendors are mitigating the issue, not fixing it.

Another bug that was KNOWN and persisted for more than a decade was a bug in apache (the most well known and most used webserver in the world) where it could not serve cached and compressed objected and instead served up ascii script..

so again, how often you make changes has no impact on how long a particular bug exists. Some bugs are very complex and requires complete refactoring of your code at some level, or even the entire program.
    nOux said:

Its not that they need to change game mechanics to fix it. Its just simple icon change and if they wanted it can be done in less then an hour. Kabam can send me their source code i can find the code line and change it my self without any problems. But for them to wait this long and say that it can take a while its silly. And its not like its a lot of nodes that behave this way, its only bane and degen.
    How do you know how simple it is? And from your description you would be the last person I would want to fix any piece of software, after all just changing one line of code can have devastating cascading effects on a piece of software that is not known to a developer without a deep dive into the code. Shoot that is why most of the time you would not even change the code you would have an object like this called in the db and you would just change that, even that though could be problematic. you dont seem to have a clue about software development.
This discussion has been closed.