**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam, you pretty much set an end to the game

The last 10% of the champion in 6.2 is pretty much un doable for some people and it does not come down to skill only.

Having finished all 3 variants 100%, I found myself bored with the game and decided to try to beat the champion for the third time. After easily getting to him, I spent about 25 40% revives from my stash and 600 units in potions, and found myself once again unable to beat him. I used a 5/65 lvl 180 simbiote supreme.

I use an android, and there's a level of lag that we android users get used to and find acceptable. We get used to it and play around the timing (we also compensate by using a bit extra resources) . However, in the champion fight, to get rid of the indestructible charges, timing has to be perfect, and it is nearly impossible to nail. Doing the technique of going in during the animation does not work because of said lag, even though I do it exactly at the same time as youtubers do it who have beat the champion. I have to eat the damage of blocking and then evading perfectly, and still 2 out of 3 times the charge does not come off. I had a fight in which I had nearly 15 perfect evades and I was still able to get only 4 charges off. I played perfectly trying to get that last charge off and finally died of block damage.

My only recourse is to wait to pull captain America iw some day, even though for the last 5 months I haven't pulled a single good champion out of nearly 50 5* crystals which include 14 namor featured crystals. I have pulled only characters considered mediocre or worse. I have been ranking up only 4* the last 3 months even though I have the resources for 11 5/65s.

As you can see, I am a player who can clear any piece of content, with work an time, but this one is a gate that I and I'm sure many others just can't get through.

Kabam, you have set a gate that is telling us: game is over, move on to another game.

I am always excited by your announcements of new content, for years I have been the one breaking down your posts in my alliance chats, and pumping up everyone... But act 6 has just been heartbreaking. 6.1 was a bit disappointing, simply not fun but I grinded it. When 6.2 came out, it was the saddest experience in my almost 4 years in the game, only beat by your recent announcement of 6.3, because for the first time, I know it is not meant for me. I will never be able to get through it and if that is the case, what is the point of improving my roster, which makes aq and aw pointless. The whole game becomes pointless when there's an unbreakable gate.

Kabam, even though this might prove controversial, I think my suggestion will be understood by many. I suggest that you release a boost that circumvents the indestructible charges of the champion in 6.2. As a trade off, said boost should remove the ability to claim some rewards of beating him. I would happily renounce the rewards if we could simply get through.

More than the rewards, the main satisfactory point of the game is beating content, being competitive, and this one gate is an immovable wall for a big chunk of the community. We will see as people move on to finish act 6 and start act 7, and we are just frozen in the past.

Unless you release a new variant every two months at the very least, I find myself without any more motivation to keep playing. At the very least, I would ask that act 6 is not a gate for act 7 when it comes out.

A large portion of your player base is in
danger of leaving the game just because of that last 10%.

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    A large portion of players aren’t in danger of leaving because of 1 fight, which while I do hate it and that you can’t just get through it by having a ton of tries, it is actually skill based, there aren’t many players at 6.2.6, and I can’t see 1 fight causing a huge amount of players to quit, however bad the design is, it just means less people will do 6.2
  • YotzYotz Posts: 117
    Nope, it's not 100% about skill, i dont know if you didn't read or didn't really get it, that's what the post is about. There's a level of lag that's never going away with Android. I do over 15 perfect evades and only 2-4 register at the most. That's with full boosts too, or else simbiote just isn't surviving. I have all other content pretty much cleared. This post is because that one portion of the game can block progress no matter the skill.
  • GenylGenyl Posts: 59
    I agree with you OP. I had a samsung and I had to buy an ipad to be able to play the game properly. It is incredible that they are leaving all the samsung users out.

I am also going for the third time for the champion and I find it very difficult. You are correct it is 100% based but the bar is very high. I play at platinum AW, have done 100% variant and even 50% of act 6.2 but this is difficult at another level.

For me it is actually good fun because I like a challenge and I will kill it after a few tries. But this is too difficult for the average player . They are not close to this content yet but once they reach it it is blocking being story. I think kabam will have to water down the content then, like not resetting the charges to 5. So i will wait before exploring 6.2.6

Act 6.2 has been messed up with the champ requirements too. Many ppl agree it is bad content. I don't have heimdall for mr sinister or cap iw for this.

Then in 6.3 the fun continuous with specific champs requirements. But it is not so bad because you can choose from several heroes.
  • Psy26Psy26 Posts: 159
    So people that one shot him weren't skilled but just lucky?
    Psy26 said:

So people that one shot him weren't skilled but just lucky?

My point is that skill was taken out of the equation for many players, not for all. Some here aren't getting lag and are generalizing saying that it's just skill. Neither one can generalize, I am talking for the portion (a large one) of the playerbase that is facing an impossible challenge all things considered.
    xNig said:

Yotz said:

Nope, it's not 100% about skill, i dont know if you didn't read or didn't really get it, that's what the post is about. There's a level of lag that's never going away with Android. I do over 15 perfect evades and only 2-4 register at the most. That's with full boosts too, or else simbiote just isn't surviving. I have all other content pretty much cleared. This post is because that one portion of the game can block progress no matter the skill.

Then the evades were not "perfect". I have a Razer that I use and cleared my alt on that phone.
    They were but they were not registered as such. It's inconsistent, in other words, lag. There's always going to be even a small amount of it in the game, which is usually easy to compensate for, but for such a precise task, it makes it impossible.

Just pick up any other phone and play the same fights you usually do in your account, and you will see how the timing changes. You have to fight a few fights to get used to it.
  • GUARD1ANGUARD1AN Posts: 103
    edited October 2019
    Yotz said:

The last 10% of the champion in 6.2 is pretty much un doable for some people and it does not come down to skill only.

Having finished all 3 variants 100%, I found myself bored with the game and decided to try to beat the champion for the third time. After easily getting to him, I spent about 25 40% revives from my stash and 600 units in potions, and found myself once again unable to beat him. I used a 5/65 lvl 180 simbiote supreme.

I use an android, and there's a level of lag that we android users get used to and find acceptable. We get used to it and play around the timing (we also compensate by using a bit extra resources) . However, in the champion fight, to get rid of the indestructible charges, timing has to be perfect, and it is nearly impossible to nail. Doing the technique of going in during the animation does not work because of said lag, even though I do it exactly at the same time as youtubers do it who have beat the champion. I have to eat the damage of blocking and then evading perfectly, and still 2 out of 3 times the charge does not come off. I had a fight in which I had nearly 15 perfect evades and I was still able to get only 4 charges off. I played perfectly trying to get that last charge off and finally died of block damage.

My only recourse is to wait to pull captain America iw some day, even though for the last 5 months I haven't pulled a single good champion out of nearly 50 5* crystals which include 14 namor featured crystals. I have pulled only characters considered mediocre or worse. I have been ranking up only 4* the last 3 months even though I have the resources for 11 5/65s.

As you can see, I am a player who can clear any piece of content, with work an time, but this one is a gate that I and I'm sure many others just can't get through.

Kabam, you have set a gate that is telling us: game is over, move on to another game.

I am always excited by your announcements of new content, for years I have been the one breaking down your posts in my alliance chats, and pumping up everyone... But act 6 has just been heartbreaking. 6.1 was a bit disappointing, simply not fun but I grinded it. When 6.2 came out, it was the saddest experience in my almost 4 years in the game, only beat by your recent announcement of 6.3, because for the first time, I know it is not meant for me. I will never be able to get through it and if that is the case, what is the point of improving my roster, which makes aq and aw pointless. The whole game becomes pointless when there's an unbreakable gate.

Kabam, even though this might prove controversial, I think my suggestion will be understood by many. I suggest that you release a boost that circumvents the indestructible charges of the champion in 6.2. As a trade off, said boost should remove the ability to claim some rewards of beating him. I would happily renounce the rewards if we could simply get through.

More than the rewards, the main satisfactory point of the game is beating content, being competitive, and this one gate is an immovable wall for a big chunk of the community. We will see as people move on to finish act 6 and start act 7, and we are just frozen in the past.

Unless you release a new variant every two months at the very least, I find myself without any more motivation to keep playing. At the very least, I would ask that act 6 is not a gate for act 7 when it comes out.

I run on android as well. The Razer 2, in fact. (Will be replacing it soon, Razer's are nowhere near as good as OnePlus'.) I haven't started on act 6 at all yet, and frankly don't plan to for a while. That said, are the 6.2.6 Champion's animations any different than The Champion that you come up against in the arenas? If not, how are you having trouble evading them? There aren't many easier than his L1.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    We had a 1000+ comment thread already about how hard the Champion boss is and how little options there are to defeat him. Whether it is champion or skill. I will say this like I said then, Kabam will continue to lose players if they don't tune down the Champion boss. At least let the indestructible charges not reset at a minimum after you die from removing a charge.

Eventually they will change this but hopefully it won't be too late. I still haven't 100% 6.2 to make a statement even though I have the roster and skill. I will complete all of 6.3 though.

Oh and I have android as well and many times I would dash in and dash out and the charge stayed up. It was a nightmare for me as well and took me thousands of units to beat so you're not by yourself. The solution is to max out mystic dispersion so you automatically get a special 3 every time the Champion unleashes his sp1. That way you won't die and have enough room to dodge. It made it super simple after that. I personally did it with Loki because he gets his special quicker and his movements are much more fluid than Sym Supreme.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    I use android s7 and never had any problems with 6.2.6 champions and it is possible to dex the champs specials without taking block damage. (Used 4 55 cap Iw for final 10%)
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Yotz said:

xNig said:

Yotz said:

Then the evades were not "perfect". I have a Razer that I use and cleared my alt on that phone.
    They were but they were not registered as such. It's inconsistent, in other words, lag. There's always going to be even a small amount of it in the game, which is usually easy to compensate for, but for such a precise task, it makes it impossible.

Just pick up any other phone and play the same fights you usually do in your account, and you will see how the timing changes. You have to fight a few fights to get used to it.
    If that’s your point, then you can’t blame Kabam for it. It’s a device issue.
  • Hidden_KnightHidden_Knight Posts: 202
    I don't think this is that big of a deal, granted I have not fought this boss yet however its not an impossible fight. The way you overcome these "fun and interactive" fights is to practice over and over again. Sure it's annoying to do it but eventually you will find a way to overcome the final phase of that fight. This is similar to the Nameless Thanos back in May, people were extremly upset with the last phase of the fight. I myself spent around 500 units trying to beat him my first time and still failed. I kept practicing untill I eventually beat it. It's just part of the game to create a challenge that seems impossible, do I think they were wrong with this fight in the way the designed it? Yeah I do, people have overcome it though. I know its upsetting but you will be able to beat him eventually. Dork lessons on youtube has a extremly deatiled breakdown on how to beat him. If you feel like fighting him again watch that first, good luck if you do.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Yotz said:

In your case CAIW is definitely better option but you can change your mastery set up when reach the last 10% phase (you will need about 200 units). Max your block profiency and perfect block and maybe stand your ground too. SS has passive amour and X% of perfect block that can help.

Your goal is simple completion. You can do it by changing your mastery set up to reduce block damage.

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    GOTG said:

Yotz said:

In your case CAIW is definitely better option but you can change your mastery set up when reach the last 10% phase (you will need about 200 units). Max your block profiency and perfect block and maybe stand your ground too. SS has passive amour and X% of perfect block that can help.

Your goal is simple completion. You can do it by changing your mastery set up to reduce block damage.

Have you fought the Champion boss? Mastery points in block proficiency and perfect block and stand your ground won't help.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

GOTG said:

Yotz said:

Have you fought the Champion boss? Mastery points in block proficiency and perfect block and stand your ground won't help.
    They do (except SYG). You still take a ton of damage though. Better than nothing lol.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,866 ★★★★★
    Yotz said:

I have a LG V40 android, zero lag. Maybe it's you?

• GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

GOTG said:

Yotz said:

I did with CAIW. Used him with Captain America for synergy and changed my mastery set up in last 10% phase to further reduce block damage. That’s why I said CAIW is a better option but he doesn’t get him so let’s try the same method with what he got.