**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Stop underestimating the full Quantum Trinity

RazorDevilRazorDevil Posts: 956 ★★★
People don't use antman. They use the hood instead. Antman gives Ghost 25% attack for each buff on her. That's a lot of damage, believe me the difference is huge. Plus, you can easily slip Nick Fury in and have 3 evade charges. Hood synergy is niche. Antman synergy is a must have, always.
Disclaimer: if you already use antman then this post isn't for you necessairly.

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    It’s definitely a great synergy, but for quests I’d rather save myself 5 or 10% recoil per fight and be able to tank a special 3 if I have to that hit a bit harder, which is why I use good over him, and hood is a more useful champ in himself than antman
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    ant man is one of the 3 quantum trinity members, hood is just a nice bonus.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Doesn't ghost's phasing already negate any damage done to her while phasing? Why do you need the Hood synergy for that?
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    It’s only fifteen percent per buff. Also I don’t think hood stops Ghost from taking recoil damage, or if he does it hasn’t worked for me yet
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★

It’s only fifteen percent per buff. Also I don’t think hood stops Ghost from taking recoil damage, or if he does it hasn’t worked for me yet

Phase as soon as Ghost stands up. Timed properly it works everytime. 👌
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    @KDoggg2017 oh, I haven’t tried that. Thanks!
  • Ingi_Freyr1975Ingi_Freyr1975 Posts: 175
    It’s not a good idea to bring NF with Ghost if you have Antman because these 3 evade charges just totally mess up Ghost phasing mechanic. But I love the NF Antman with other synergies on the other hand.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

People don't use antman. They use the hood instead. Antman gives Ghost 25% attack for each buff on her. That's a lot of damage, believe me the difference is huge. Plus, you can easily slip Nick Fury in and have 3 evade charges. Hood synergy is niche. Antman synergy is a must have, always.

You think the hood synergy is niche? It bypasses recoil, lets you avoid a range of unavoidable damage, and tank sp3s on power gain or AoN nodes or just flat out not bother baiting any fight. I'd say it's far more useful for difficult content than a bit of extra damage, especially when roster slots are limited
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    K

It’s not a good idea to bring NF with Ghost if you have Antman because these 3 evade charges just totally mess up Ghost phasing mechanic. But I love the NF Antman with other synergies on the other hand.

How exactly do they mess up Ghost? Please do tell.
    When you phase rather than the opponent missing you evade, so you basically have to throw away your first 3 phases and will probably end up starting in the corner
  • dtapedtape Posts: 35
    Lvernon15 said:

When you phase rather than the opponent missing you evade, so you basically have to throw away your first 3 phases and will probably end up starting in the corner
    Agreed. But not really messed up. Fury's synergy with Antman just does nothing for Ghost, who relies on phasing. The evasion charges will be consumed without any function.

https://youtu.be/xStNKvwJpvQ
  • NightMonkeyNightMonkey Posts: 95 ★★
    Honestly (and I've been playing with a R5 full suicides Ghost for ever), people don't understand how incredible and valuable the synergy with Hood is: it's one of the best if not THE best synergy in the game. I play 99% of the fight without even caring about opponents get to their sp3, since the only thing you need to know is if that sp3 has a stun component in it (and even if it does, most time you'll be able to live through that since they're hitting into your phase anyway); also, bringing Ant Man won't really affect anything, the dmg boost you get is negligible compared to the health pool most opponents in the entire game have: a 200k+ oppo (act6+) will drop down in a couple of sp2 anyway, it only will be helpful in LOL 100% where you really need to hit 50k every single part of your sp2, in that case Antman is vital to shorten the fight.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

You bypass recoil IF YOU RUN SUICIDES!!! The rest of the uses are niche.

You need to chill a bit dude, people are allowed to hold their own opinions and viewpoints dependent on their preferences, their own experiences, and their current needs. No real need to get so aggy and defensive about it, just a thought.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

You need to chill a bit dude, people are allowed to hold their own opinions and viewpoints dependent on their preferences, their own experiences, and their current needs. No real need to get so aggy and defensive about it, just a thought.
    Excuse me but I am merely stating the importance of the antman synergy. Not the non importance of the hood synergy. Both can be utilized to great extents, but the antman synergy is very often overlooked.
    I don’t have a problem with what you are and aren’t stating. I’m saying you need to chill a bit rather than get so defensive when people disagree with you. My two cents.

Excuse me but I am merely stating the importance of the antman synergy. Not the non importance of the hood synergy. Both can be utilized to great extents, but the antman synergy is very often overlooked.
    I dont think anyone is saying it's not a great synergy. More damage is almost always better. Personally I just feel that for especially endgame players or people that use ghost in content like AW, the hood synergy ends up being far more useful regularly and is anything but niche. I know plenty of ghost players that when forced to make the choice would take hood over wasp even.

I know plenty of ghost players that when forced to make the choice would take hood over wasp even.
    Now that's insane. I believe the wasp synergy is needed to properly play ghost. Works by parrying or special baiting too, but risky
    A MEGA skilled ghost player can get the benefits of the wasp synergy by having immense reactions and timing, but they can’t with hood, now I definitely think wasp is the most important but I can see why a few players might use hood

Lvernon15 said:

Wrong. Look with whom I'm argueing.

What does that even mean?

I know plenty of ghost players that when forced to make the choice would take hood over wasp even.
    Now that's insane. I believe the wasp synergy is needed to properly play ghost. Works by parrying or special baiting too, but risky
    It's really not as hard using her without wasp as so many people make it out to be. I learned to get much more efficient with it using her and hood in V1. It's definitely something that takes a lot of practice but it's absolutely manageable
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    edited October 2019

The Quantam Synergy is universally regarded as one of the best synergies in the entire game, and yet you think it's underrated?